Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar)

Go down

A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar) Empty A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar)

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/29/nyc-subway-shoving-death-_n_2381540.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing10%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3&pLid=250874&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1546127,b=facebook

NEW YORK -- A woman who told police she shoved a man to his death off a subway platform into the path of a train because she has hated Muslims since Sept. 11 and thought he was one was charged Saturday with murder as a hate crime, prosecutors said.

Erika Menendez was charged in the death of Sunando Sen, who was crushed by a 7 train in Queens on Thursday night, the second time this month a commuter has died in such a nightmarish fashion.

Menendez, 31, was awaiting arraignment on the charge Saturday evening, Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said. She could face 25 years to life in prison if convicted. She was in custody and couldn't be reached for comment, and it was unclear if she had an attorney.

Menendez, who was arrested after a tip by a passer-by who saw her on a street and thought she looked like the woman in a surveillance video released by police, admitted shoving Sen, who was pushed from behind, authorities said.

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

Back to top Go down

A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar) Empty Re: A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar)

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 am

Rashmun wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/29/nyc-subway-shoving-death-_n_2381540.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing10%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3&pLid=250874&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1546127,b=facebook

NEW YORK -- A woman who told police she shoved a man to his death off a subway platform into the path of a train because she has hated Muslims since Sept. 11 and thought he was one was charged Saturday with murder as a hate crime, prosecutors said.

Erika Menendez was charged in the death of Sunando Sen, who was crushed by a 7 train in Queens on Thursday night, the second time this month a commuter has died in such a nightmarish fashion.

Menendez, 31, was awaiting arraignment on the charge Saturday evening, Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown said. She could face 25 years to life in prison if convicted. She was in custody and couldn't be reached for comment, and it was unclear if she had an attorney.

Menendez, who was arrested after a tip by a passer-by who saw her on a street and thought she looked like the woman in a surveillance video released by police, admitted shoving Sen, who was pushed from behind, authorities said.

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

is it now time to stop being a hate-monger?

Back to top Go down

A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar) Empty Re: A heartbreaking death in NY (Attention Samiyaar)

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/29/nyc-subway-shoving-death-_n_2381540.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing10%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3&pLid=250874&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1546127,b=facebook

Why don't you lead us all by stop hating fellow Indians, South Indians, Tamilians, Hindus, female members of fellow SuCHERS.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Why don't you lead us all by stop hating fellow Indians, South Indians, Tamilians, Hindus, female members of fellow SuCHERS.

you are older than me and so you should be leading me towards the path of tolerance, secularism, peace, and goodwill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 am

Rashmun wrote:

you are older than me and so you should be leading me towards the path of tolerance, secularism, peace, and goodwill.

Nothing will help you...The only last hope is time and your life's experience - if at all something can still change you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 am

Rashmun wrote:

Nothing will help you...The only last hope is time and your life's experience - if at all something can still change you.

Thank you. Now are you going to make some effort to stop being a hate-monger yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Thank you. Now are you going to make some effort to stop being a hate-monger yourself?

I only hate the hate-mongerERS.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Are you saying you hate yourself? That would explain why you are a a peddler of hatred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Are you saying you hate yourself? That would explain why you are a a peddler of hatred.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down