What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

+32
Obnoxious
Tejpal Singh Iyer
michelle2
noisy_dravidfan
b_A
Idéfix
Jebediah Mburuburu
churi.
Bittu
Another Brick
seven
Kris
Impedimenta
Admin
Captain Bhankas
Nila
goodcitizn
garam_kuta
bw
indophile
Maria S
ashaNirasha
pravalika nanda
Rekz
FluteHolder
MaxEntropy_Man
southindian
ashdoc
Propagandhi711
Hellsangel
Merlot Daruwala
Jeremiah Mburuburu
36 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 am

whole black pepper mutton with whole spices (no red chilli powder). this was for the older who arrived today on vacation after completing his first year of college. how time flies!

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Imag0713

even i had it with laccha parathas. black pepper is easily one of the best flavours!

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2]

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:whole black pepper mutton with whole spices (no red chilli powder). this was for the older who arrived today on vacation after completing his first year of college. how time flies!

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Imag0713

even i had it with laccha parathas. black pepper is easily one of the best flavours!

Looks awesome. I'm salivating although I just had a hearty lunch.

Whole spice brings a different degree of flavor to any meat dish. There is this tiny place here on Mohammad Ali Road called Noor Mohammadi whose specialty is "Chicken Sanju-baba". Slow-cooked using whole garam masala, its one awesome dish.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Looks awesome. I'm salivating although I just had a hearty lunch.

Whole spice brings a different degree of flavor to any meat dish. There is this tiny place here on Mohammad Ali Road called Noor Mohammadi whose specialty is "Chicken Sanju-baba". Slow-cooked using whole garam masala, its one awesome dish.
just spoke to my cousin in mumbai (who gave me the recipe for this dish). he has eaten at noor mohammadi. he also said that this dish would go well with malabar parathas! never tried one of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:13 am

Dosa with sambar.

http://postimg.org/image/kg5k1c8cr/

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 am

hey, that looks really good nila! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 am

Thanks, HK.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by churi. Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 am

Hellsangel wrote:Nando's is a Portuguese chain isn't it? Do they serve Sangria in India as well?

No. Nandos is as South African as biltong, bobotie and Kevin Pietersen. The cuisine is of Portuguese/Mozambican influence, but it is actually a SA chain.
I had no idea they were there in India.
churi.
churi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:20 pm

for the 2 brats:

clockwise from top: kakori kebabs, habiba lamb chops (signature dum pukht, itc, dish), warkhi paratha, shermil roti. all ordered out from dum pukht, itc.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Imag0811

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:for the 2 brats:

clockwise from top: kakori kebabs, habiba lamb chops (signature dum pukht, itc, dish), warkhi paratha, shermil roti. all ordered out from dum pukht, itc.

The expats in Dubai had a different way of saying dum phukt.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:for the 2 brats:

The expats in Dubai had a different way of saying dum phukt.
it is my belief that that phukt was misspelled by itc but with popularity it became a trademark spelling (like thums up). countless times i have misspelled phukt or pukth. but, as always, i might be wrong. it is an awadhi tradition and i am no expert on hindi/urdu words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:58 am

homemade manglorian chicken curry (w/coconut milk). sooooooo good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:hey, that looks really good nila! Smile

of course. FOOD looks really good, doesn't it? FOOD is really delicious, isn't it?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:

of course. FOOD looks really good, doesn't it? FOOD is really delicious, isn't it?
not necessarily. non veg (food for some) might not look delicious to vegetarians. snakes and cockroaches (food for some) might not look delicious to others. raw meat (sushi, ceviche, carpaccio) which is food for some might not look delicious to many.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

not necessarily. non veg (food for some) might not look delicious to vegetarians. snakes and cockroaches (food for some) might not look delicious to others. raw meat (sushi, ceviche, carpaccio) which is food for some might not look delicious to many.
i've noticed that you are an indiscriminate consumer of FOOD. rarely have i seen a photograph posted by you that features an interesting dish; it's just FOOD. the last two photographs you posted show unappetizing food. in one, i see a layer of fat floating on top.

what role have you played in the preparation of the food featured in your photographs? sucking it in at one end, passing it down your intestines, and expelling waste at the other end does not count.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:i've noticed that you are an indiscriminate consumer of FOOD.
hahaha! not really.
the last two photographs you posted show unappetizing food. in one, i see a layer of fat floating on top.
hahaha! i notice you have not cooked anything besides canned chickpeas of late: read from the cook-book by the gujarati wife of a columbia professor who pretends to be a gourmet? oil being an essential ingredient will always float on top. if the dish has too much oil or fat in it, refrigerate it and you can see the result the next day. i once froze mutton kassa from shiraz that i used to love. i was shocked to see the dish look an opaque white (dalda) the next day. we refrigerate out mutton curry leftovers and have never seen THAT happen.

here's an eye test for you. tell me how much oil or fat is in these dishes (please score 1 to 10):

https://servimg.com/view/16447591/79

https://servimg.com/view/16447591/167

what role have you played in the preparation of the food featured in your photographs? sucking it in at one end, passing it down your intestines, and expelling waste at the other end does not count.
without me these dishes would (probably) not have existed (in my household). the most important role i played was going against my parents in cooking non-vegetarian food in our kitchen. my brother is a staunch vegetarian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Dahi with sev. My lunch today. 

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 7O06Dl3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Dahi with sev. My lunch today. 

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 7O06Dl3
LOL dahi + chana = healthiest. snack on it 24/7. enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:29 pm

yellow sickly dal with kale.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yellow sickly dal with kale.

What a coincidence. So did I. With a lot more kale than I would have wanted though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:17 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:rarely have i seen a photograph posted by you that features an interesting dish

HK, why don't you do philip a favor and post a few pics of jell-o?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:rarely have i seen a photograph posted by you that features an interesting dish

ha ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 am

called momo in nepal, dumplings / sui mai in china, modak in maharashtra, pitha in bihar and orissa and by other different names in other provinces.

pitha: steamed dumplings made with rice flour and stuffed with chana dal, accompanied by a potato, brinjal sabzi. the filling can be sweet too (khoya).

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Imag0813

*dumplings and momo are made with wheat flour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:16 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

good suggestion, bhankaskar; jell-o would be more interesting.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:29 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

Not to mention, the only food group Philip is allowed to eat these days (other than rice gruel). Little wonder all that talk of beef and mutton gives him a belly-ache.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:called momo in nepal, dumplings / sui mai in china, modak in maharashtra, pitha in bihar and orissa and by other different names in other provinces.

pitha: steamed dumplings made with rice flour and stuffed with chana dal, accompanied by a potato, brinjal sabzi. the filling can be sweet too (khoya).

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Imag0813

*dumplings and momo are made with wheat flour.  
FOODwallah, do your keepers always place your feed before you on nothing but that one - indestructible melamine? - plate with the green, blue and pink curves? please demand another plate once every week. you've heard the aphorism, "variety is the spice of life," haven't you? no? how ironic!

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:12 am

FOODwallah, do your keepers always place your feed before you on nothing but that one - indestructible melamine? - plate with the green, blue and pink curves? please demand another plate once every week. you've heard the aphorism, "variety is the spice of life," haven't you? no? how ironic!
i will not change the plate till such introduces colour themes. the present green one is bland.

on another note, i like that plate of all the plates we have. you have to choices: a) whine whine whine; b) stop clicking on my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
i will not change the plate till such introduces colour themes. the present green one is bland.

on another note, i like that plate of all the plates we have. you have to choices: a) whine whine whine; b) stop clicking on my posts.

I think Achachan Jebz is still suffering from the effects of the virus he caught from his one night stand. All he sees is now blue, like his screen. Any other color is anathema.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

I think Achachan Jebz is still suffering from the effects of the virus he caught from his one night stand. All he sees is now blue, like his screen. Any other color is anathema.

ah, you have other plates! and you have a sink installed on your verandah, which you displayed in a photograph here, the sink you received as dowry from the parents of the woman you slap! you must be a wealthy indian!

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

ah, you have other plates! and you have a sink installed on your verandah, which you displayed in a photograph here, the sink you received as dowry from the parents of the woman you slap! you must be a wealthy indian!

Sorry, Achachan Jebz, your eyesight is failing you too. It was not HK who you replied to.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:48 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Sorry, Achachan Jebz, your eyesight is failing you too. It was not HK who you replied to.
LOL.

jerji: it's better to slap the wife than to get slapped by her as bhabhi did to you, na? did gautHam chip in too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

philip, here's a challenge: make a dish that you can never go wrong with and post pictures. let us all see what exactly you mean by an "interesting dish". you have confessed in the past that you are better at northindian cuisine than south indian cuisine so i suggest you make aloo-gobhi or rajma rasila and post the pictures. we mortals can learn a thing or three from it.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

LOL.

jerji: it's better to slap the wife than to get slapped by her as bhabhi did to you, na? did gautHam chip in too?

hahaha @"bhabhi"! everything you do is typically northindian! (all from the same mould! if anyone has doubts, watch mrs bagchi.) that includes speaking overfamiliarly with/of strangers, slapping your wife, and training the 19-year-old sablu singh to be in the next generation of wife-beaters. you can be sure that sablu will beat his wife in turn to show off his "strength" and "masculinity" to his children and mother-in-law, and his son after him.

is it any surprise that you people routinely kill off or gang-rape your females? yes, pressulu?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 am

Achachan Jebz is badly craving attention from the great glut Admin today.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 am

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:hahaha @"bhabhi"! everything you do is typically northindian!
hahaha! and everything you do is typically hindu from giving your kids hindu names to teaching them hindi! how moronic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 am

Thot one of the kids' name is a Muslim name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Thot one of the kids' name is a Muslim name.
no. mallika is a sanskrit name meaning jasmine or lamp. malika, otoh, is arabic derived.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

LOL.

hahaha @"bhabhi"! everything you do is typically northindian! (all from the same mould! if anyone has doubts, watch mrs bagchi.) that includes speaking overfamiliarly with/of strangers, slapping your wife, and training the 19-year-old sablu singh to be in the next generation of wife-beaters. you can be sure that sablu will beat his wife in turn to show off his "strength" and "masculinity" to his children and mother-in-law, and his son after him.

is it any surprise that you people routinely kill off or gang-rape your females? yes, pressulu?

grandpa, pressulu isnt here...you're just hearing things. eat some more of those soft gruel and have the nurse change you so you can watch golden girls with drool coming out of the corners of your mouth

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 am

no, there's a muslim in one of his kid. on and off

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

philip, here's a challenge: make a dish that you can never go wrong with and post pictures. let us all see what exactly you mean by an "interesting dish". you have confessed in the past that you are better at northindian cuisine than south indian cuisine so i suggest you make aloo-gobhi or rajma rasila and post the pictures. we mortals can learn a thing or three from it.
i cook very well, but these days, not often. last week, i invited a bunch of people to dinner. if you want to know what i served, you'll have to beg. this much, i can say: one dish was probably maharashtrian - it had black mustard seeds cracked in hot oil in it; another was mildly spiced, and bengali, and a third, of u.p. origin.

your challenge, however is preposterous. it makes it seem as if boobsy is posting pics of dishes that he has made, himself; but he only posts pics of dishes that his slave ganpath ram and his battered wife make!

you've heard the doctors' credo: "first do no harm." when boobsy stops posting pics of the shit shTtuff that goes down his alimentary canal - he doesn't even need to post pics of interesting dishes - i'll take your words a little more seriously.

yes, pressulu?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 am

arre baba pressulu abhi idhar nahi hai. terku kaiku samajich nahi aata bidu?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
grandpa, pressulu isnt here...
exactly, penius seetharamayya.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:arre baba pressulu abhi idhar nahi hai. terku kaiku samajich nahi aata bidu?

sorry, no spiki northindian.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:01 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:arre baba pressulu abhi idhar nahi hai. terku kaiku samajich nahi aata bidu?

PP eej naat here. by shouting pressulu pressulu ju can't make him appear. capiche?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:06 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

i cook very well, but these days, not often. last week, i invited a bunch of people to dinner. if you want to know what i served, you'll have to beg.
correction: if you want to know what i cooked and served, you'll have to beg.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

PP eej naat here. by shouting pressulu pressulu ju can't make him appear. capiche?

may i repeat, no spiki northindian.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:23 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
grandpa, pressulu isnt here...you're just hearing things. eat some more of those soft gruel and have the nurse change you so you can watch golden girls with drool coming out of the corners of your mouth

penius, what's "golden girls?"

btw, it's "that soft gruel," not "those soft gruel." gruel is not countable as horses or cars are. miss umaaaa!

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

"one of his kid?" it's "one of his kids." miss umaaaa!

btw, it's a lot of fun to learn about your fears. i suppose you've stocked a large number of chastity belts. who holds the keys, you or vaani?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

"one of his kid?" it's "one of his kids." miss umaaaa!

btw, it's a lot of fun to learn about your fears. i suppose you've stocked a large number of chastity belts. who holds the keys, you or vaani?

philip, i was talking to langley this morning and i had The Chief on the phone. he is impressed with your relentless war on error and had nothing but words of praise for you. sensing that the time was opportune to talk of your meager rewards, i asked him if he could give you a raise to which he said and i quote "philip gets enough. excess denied!"

he further added that i should reward you with yet another certificate to decor your wall of frame. here, with utmost sincerity - 

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [2 of 2] - Page 6 Captur10
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:

i cook very well, but these days, not often. last week, i invited a bunch of people to dinner. if you want to know what i served, you'll have to beg.
correction: if you want to know what i cooked and served, you'll have to beg.

well, i am and i am sure everyone here is more interested in seeing the pictures so that we know what qualifies as interesting, appetizing food for you. will you please keep the camera ready the next time you host a dinner party?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote: i asked him if he could give you a raise to which he said and i quote "philip gets enough. excess denied!"
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next