spinach  - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spinach

+14
Maria S
Sandee2020
Captain Bhankas
bw
goodcitizn
ashaNirasha
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
Idéfix
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
seven
garam_kuta
Mosquito
Impedimenta
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

spinach  - Page 2 Empty Re: spinach

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

ya i know maria. the rest of the family (wife and 2 sons) cannot do without meat at least twice a week but i can. so everyone -- even those in the same family -- is different. i stopped meat for health reasons (to reduce weight; to stick to a diet plan) and then i found that i no longer enjoyed meat. i lost 5 kgs in the process though and have managed to pull my blood sugar from pre-diabetes level down to normal level. but items (i) and (ii) i will definitely savour again. (iii) i will skip (it is made largely from goat fat).

A loss of 5 kgs and bringing down the blood glucose levels to normal is significant.
Hope you are able to sustain this effort HK! Keep it up.
nandri maria! i am on course to losing 5 kgs more with the same diet and exercise to get close to my ideal BMI.
have your breasts deflated?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:

Of course, my stance is exactly the same as yours!! However, when you always post-script it with the "may change", as a writer, you are signaling that there is a "material" probability that it may change - this materiality is not something people think about - hence I wanted to know if you are doing it deliberately or is it just your obsession to leave enough trapdoors open so you can spring out at the first sign of trouble Smile ?

>>are you "so sure" that you will never change your mind about anything- try something different..ever?

YES, on this one! Smile

I don't see any problem with a rather "simple disclaimer"..but, since it seems to intrigue you:
Let us look at "some" of the material possibilities here..came up with a few:

1) The standard- reg meals at my home includes non-veg, they enjoy it..if everyone, except me changes to veg (for whatever reasons)..it is highly likely that I will not cook non-veg, just for me.

2) For my own health reasons, I may have to.

3) I am just bored with non-veg..and want to give up.

4) For some faith/personal reason..I want to test my resolve.

*now #5 is more "intriguing".. even to me!

5) If I meet someone who is a vegetarian..and I just may adore and he/she "influences" me to the point..I voluntarily want to give up non-veg..I may do that.

Hey, you can say a lot of things..but don't need trapdoors waiting to spring out!
*And good for you..if you are so sure about anything:)

U,
Ennanga ithu..ooper, sooper..what do you mean by "will be"Smile It is what it is!

Sorry I,
For diverting from the spinach, am stepping out of your thread:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm

I once ate goat/lamb when going out with a wussy 6'4" tall reddy boy, make it twice. He is a Non vegetarian, FYI. Still, he wanted to throw up when he saw me relishing the cartilages. Maybe he did regurgitate, coz his face twisted and twirled in 20 different directions. So much for my proper Brahmin woman image and his macho Reddy man image. LOL. Ya. Am not eating anything with bones if I ever go out seeking a man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:59 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I once ate goat/lamb when going out with a wussy 6'4" tall reddy boy, make it twice. He is a Non vegetarian, FYI. Still, he wanted to throw up when he saw me relishing the cartilages. Maybe he did regurgitate, coz his face twisted and twirled in 20 different directions. So much for my proper Brahmin woman image and his macho Reddy man image. LOL. Ya. Am not eating anything with bones if I ever go out seeking a man.

Could you please explain and clarify ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 pm

shh paaa. chinna kelvi. evvvalu periya bathil....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Cooking only vegetables is boring. That's y I incorporated chicken and it vanishes in no time. I eat spinach raw...so works for me. Else just pressure cook it with garlic/herbs and salt and add a tb spoon full of rice to it and pack a soupy lunch.

I chop them and add them to the pokada/ragi rotti/akki totti sometimes to the uthappam/adai. I like kale but none eats that in our family. I like kale cooked without water similar to mushroom and it’s my fav, but can’t eat every day.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

ya i know maria. the rest of the family (wife and 2 sons) cannot do without meat at least twice a week but i can. so everyone -- even those in the same family -- is different. i stopped meat for health reasons (to reduce weight; to stick to a diet plan) and then i found that i no longer enjoyed meat. i lost 5 kgs in the process though and have managed to pull my blood sugar from pre-diabetes level down to normal level. but items (i) and (ii) i will definitely savour again. (iii) i will skip (it is made largely from goat fat).

A loss of 5 kgs and bringing down the blood glucose levels to normal is significant.
Hope you are able to sustain this effort HK! Keep it up.
nandri maria! i am on course to losing 5 kgs more with the same diet and exercise to get close to my ideal BMI.
have your breasts deflated?
to be honest, no. it does not matter how much below your ideal BMI you are. you just got to live with it (them).

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm

bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Nabbed, say, something like spinach [7]

Solve it. My contribution to this discussion.

collard (sounds like collared)

we approve soundly flipping an iceberg, for instance. (7)

Collard is right. Lettuce - Us Let flipped.

Otherwise obvious without tomato-head to toss a salad green? [6]

ENDIVE

(anag of EVIDENT without "T)

be one mouthing off at the head of health for making salad ( 8 )

AMARANTH
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Nabbed, say, something like spinach [7]

Solve it. My contribution to this discussion.

collard (sounds like collared)

we approve soundly flipping an iceberg, for instance. (7)

Collard is right. Lettuce - Us Let flipped.

Otherwise obvious without tomato-head to toss a salad green? [6]

ENDIVE

(anag of EVIDENT without "T)

be one mouthing off at the head of health for making salad ( 8 )

AMARANTH

yes.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum