pictures from bbc news Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pictures from bbc news

5 posters

Go down

pictures from bbc news Empty pictures from bbc news

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21785622

i think you guys will love these black and white pictures of a village in the himalayas, in himachal pradesh. look at the picture of primary school children getting their lessons with the clear blue sky above in a pristine green mountain valley. they sit in ribbon-like rows probably by class. how crisp and sweet-smelling the air must be! it is difficult not to be overwhelmed by such beauty.
which picture do you like?

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

pictures from bbc news Empty Re: pictures from bbc news

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:14 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21785622

i think you guys will love these black and white pictures of a village in the himalayas, in himachal pradesh. look at the picture of primary school children getting their lessons with the clear blue sky above in a pristine green mountain valley. they sit in ribbon-like rows probably by class. how crisp and sweet-smelling the air must be! it is difficult not to be overwhelmed by such beauty.

I visited my grandparents place during every holiday. I went along with my neighboring kids to their school. The second grade was under a tree outside the building.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Quite a few of my primary and middle school classes during summer used to be held outside the classroom under the shady trees. Sometimes even during the winter when it was sunny and not very cold outside, the classes would be held outside the classroom in the sun. Btw the school was in a village called Baggli (a few kilometers from my village Ansoli) in Himachal Pradesh and I am talking about 1950s.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:20 pm

>> A bride dresses up for her marriage. It is forbidden to marry outside the village.

I thought Himachal is in Northern India Shocked

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Quite a few of my primary and middle school classes during summer used to be held outside the classroom under the shady trees. Sometimes even during the winter when it was sunny and not very cold outside, the classes would be held outside the classroom in the sun. Btw the school was in a village called Baggli (a few kilometers from my village Ansoli) in Himachal Pradesh and I am talking about 1950s.

** that's nice, sounds like a wonderful childhood. no one mentioned which picture they liked the most. i thought it would be like a rorschach test.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 am

The pristine valley and crisp air are great. For a holiday. Otherwise, let's see now. There's no school building, teachers play truant (that fellow must have turned up that day for the photo-op), there're no toilets, no running water, no access to basic healthcare, no economic opportunity beyond sheep-rearing and cannabis sales, no life beyond the cloistered little village society. So nah, I don't see anything to love here.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The pristine valley and crisp air are great. For a holiday. Otherwise, let's see now. There's no school building, teachers play truant (that fellow must have turned up that day for the photo-op), there're no toilets, no running water, no access to basic healthcare, no economic opportunity beyond sheep-rearing and cannabis sales, no life beyond the cloistered little village society. So nah, I don't see anything to love here.
** the people have weddings called "rakshasi weddings" - the man goes to the woman's house, has a feast, stays overnight, and takes the bride home with him the next day. no priest or other expenses. they don't look like they pay taxes. the women are beautiful and polygamy is actively practised. you should reconsider. moreover, as they have no mechanical ventilators there all the women are conveniently trained and adept in rescue breaths; the men do chest compressions. you should move there.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:34 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:Quite a few of my primary and middle school classes during summer used to be held outside the classroom under the shady trees. Sometimes even during the winter when it was sunny and not very cold outside, the classes would be held outside the classroom in the sun. Btw the school was in a village called Baggli (a few kilometers from my village Ansoli) in Himachal Pradesh and I am talking about 1950s.

** that's nice, sounds like a wonderful childhood. no one mentioned which picture they liked the most. i thought it would be like a rorschach test.

Wonderful childhood indeed. Nothing ever came close to it.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down