Chocolate walnut cake Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate walnut cake

+2
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Maria S
6 posters

Go down

Chocolate walnut cake Empty Chocolate walnut cake

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:24 am

Saw someone's pic on FB of fresh home baked chocolate walnut cake and OMG. I want one, like NOW.

Back to top Go down

Chocolate walnut cake Empty Re: Chocolate walnut cake

Post by Maria S Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 am

I had some mango shortcake with strawberries and blueberries over the weekend..it was creative and delicious.

On a different note..now comes a new study about salt intake(I have cut back a lot when it comes to adding salt, when I cook!)
Got to take everything with a pinch of salt:)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/health/panel-finds-no-benefit-in-sharply-restricting-sodium.html?smid=fb-share
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 11:50 am

Maria S wrote:I had some mango shortcake with strawberries and blueberries over the weekend..it was creative and delicious.

On a different note..now comes a new study about salt intake(I have cut back a lot when it comes to adding salt, when I cook!)
Got to take everything with a pinch of salt:)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/health/panel-finds-no-benefit-in-sharply-restricting-sodium.html?smid=fb-share

Thanks M. Fortunately I am one of those people who don't care if there is less salt in their food. I sometimes prefer the natural taste of things anyway. Also, have taken after dad, so not fearin hypertension. Same with sugar. Like things less sweet or bland or bitter. I do enjoy spicy too, but don't care if it is not. Can't handle too sweet though. Diabetes is an issue in future so while I am not doing enough in terms of prevention, it's always there in he back of my mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Maria S wrote:...mango shortcake with strawberries and blueberries...
typically american! "if A is good and B is good, then two As must twice as good as one A, and ten As and ten Bs must be infinitely better."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Way back in the day when i used to make home-made cakes and cookies, i used to make date and walnut cake. Heaven! It's one of the best cakes i've ever made or eaten. I lost the recipe somewhere (lost my whole baking recipe book). It's been ages since i baked a cake from scratch at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Thanks M. Fortunately I am one of those people who don't care if there is less salt in their food. I sometimes prefer the natural taste of things anyway. Also, have taken after dad, so not fearin hypertension. Same with sugar. Like things less sweet or bland or bitter. I do enjoy spicy too, but don't care if it is not. Can't handle too sweet though. Diabetes is an issue in future so while I am not doing enough in terms of prevention, it's always there in he back of my mind.

I see Tracy.
I like sweet and med. spicy..don't care much for sour or bitter..stay away from anything with lime or veggies like bitter gourd (pavakkai) as much as possible. Am particular about combos- except for fruit salads..like fruits..mangoes and strawberries are among my favs.

Kinnera,

I have not baked cakes in ages too. Have read some of your cooking tips, they are good.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm

i can't eat cake. heck, i can't eat white bread. i can't eat carbs. i am dying. but i will survive (hopefully).

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 14, 2013 7:28 pm

What is it about women and cakes? Esp cupcakes?? Some deep mystical connection there...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:What is it about women and cakes? Esp cupcakes?? Some deep mystical connection there...

while i do like cupcakes, it's not my thing. I like cakes, pastries, brownies, etc, etc, etc. *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:What is it about women and cakes? Esp cupcakes?? Some deep mystical connection there...

while i do like cupcakes, it's not my thing. I like cakes, pastries, brownies, etc, etc, etc. *sigh*
**....warm apple pies, fresh fruit tarts, crunchy pistcahio macarons, lemony madelines, blueberry scones, raspberry rugelach, amaretto cookies, poppyseed muffins, custard brioche.......

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

**....warm apple pies, fresh fruit tarts, crunchy pistcahio macarons, lemony madelines, blueberry scones, raspberry rugelach, amaretto cookies, poppyseed muffins, custard brioche.......

yeah, grow them pumpkins

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Guess I am waaaay too desi to know all those names. Scones, macarons, madelines, rugelach, brioche, what? Anyway, high time I went to a bakery. Will pack all looj looj desi clothes so that mom spares her lecture on my weight situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Guess I am waaaay too desi to know all those names. Scones, macarons, madelines, rugelach, brioche, what? Anyway, high time I went to a bakery. Will pack all looj looj desi clothes so that mom spares her lecture on my weight situation.

yes, you deserve it.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

yes, you deserve it.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

yes, you deserve it.
** endhuku thanani edipisthanuvu ra? also, nenu fat kadhu. plus I've been compliant with my diet for the last several days, so nenu already chala sannam ga ayipothunnanu, back to a BMI I like for myself. and nenu ivvani thinna fat avvanu.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

** you've got to be kidding, all these foodstuffs are available in any grocery store, with the exception of macarons.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 16, 2013 4:05 pm

I crave for sweets and have a sweet tooth and NOW I want that cake! YOU?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 pm

I once had tapioca cake and started to bake it so often I started to put on weight; so forgot about that for sometime. Cake means tapioca cake for me. Anyways, I won't have time for baking and might even forget about it.

I bake cup cakes for my DD ant that's that.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down