What do your friends do? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do your friends do?

5 posters

Go down

What do your friends do? Empty What do your friends do?

Post by gone Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm

I am talking about those friends of yours with degrees in the humanities and liberal arts. I was looking at my Facebook page and here's what some of them do now:

History major: sales manager at a multinational company (makes at least six figures)

Art major: owns her own bakery (no idea what she makes)

Another art major: working as a nanny in NYC and travels around the world with family in the summers (makes at least six figures)

English major: family law attorney at mid sized firm (makes just under six figures)

Another English major: has MFA too. Working as a self-employed writer. Family is very wealthy. (No idea about income, if any)

Still another English major: VP of Operations at a major publishing company in NYC (at least 200K)

Still another English major: paralegal and now patient advocate (50-60K)

Music major: music school teacher (makes $40 to $50K)

Anthropology major: got another degree in speech pathology and works as a speech therapist now (around 75k)

Psychology major: got PhD in industrial psychology; working as a consultant to many Fortune 500 companies (makes at least $150K)

Political Science major: Got Masters in Public Policy. Works as some kind of public policy analyst in D.C. (No idea what his income range could be)

Journalism major: Working as a news reporter for a major news organization in D.C. (No idea)

Geography major: Cop, and now FBI (no idea)

Mass Communications major: Got Ph.D in Mass Communications. Works as the director of Mass Communications for the a major agency in the federal government ($150K)

Philosophy major: Quality assurance manager for the IT division of a multinational company (at least six figures)

Another Philosophy major: Got JD in corporate law. Switched from law (did not make partner) to in-house law and now senior counsel at a pharma company (150 to 200k)

International Relations major: works for the State Department in the U.S.consulate of a country in Asia. Mostly processes visas. (No idea how much they get paid and what his level of seniority is).

Economics major: project manager at tech startup in the Bay Area (at least six figures)

Spanish major: got MBA. Marketing manager for multinational company (at least six figures)

gone

Back to top Go down

What do your friends do? Empty Re: What do your friends do?

Post by gone Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Disclaimer: I don't know for sure how much they make. This is all guesstimates. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 pm

mainstreet wrote:Disclaimer: I don't know for sure how much they make.  This is all guesstimates.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Sure, Trolle Lena. We will correct you about *your* friends.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Ugh! This is not a troll. I just happen to think my friends have some interesting career paths. So, while I do nothing all day, I yearn to go back to the kind of lives they enjoy in any of the cities that they live in.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

mainstreet wrote:I am talking about those friends of yours with degrees in the humanities and liberal arts.  I was looking at my Facebook page and here's what some of them do now:
And all this information was on your facebook page!!!

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 pm

smArtha wrote:
mainstreet wrote:I am talking about those friends of yours with degrees in the humanities and liberal arts.  I was looking at my Facebook page and here's what some of them do now:
And all this information was on your facebook page!!!
that's more believable than she made all this up.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 am

@mainstreet - http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 am

No, I'm talking about what your friends do. Not what US News thinks the best jobs are...this ilist is subjective because everyone has different interests.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 am

Not on my Facebook page, but I had to go to my FB page to see their FB pages and status updates on the newsfeed.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down