What was your first small job in USA? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was your first small job in USA?

5 posters

Go down

What was your first small job in USA? Empty What was your first small job in USA?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 am

My first job was selling Avon products. It was fun meeting my new neighbors. I also did some baby-sitting. After I learned to drive, I took a summer job working as a cashier in a grocery store. That was a nightmare.

Back to top Go down

What was your first small job in USA? Empty Re: What was your first small job in USA?

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:10 am

good morning, priya. please convey my good morning to lamebedar, maria and others at the other forum.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

What was your first small job in USA? Empty Re: What was your first small job in USA?

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 am

What was your first small job in USA? Troll-12
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:good morning, priya. please convey my good morning to lamebedar, maria and others at the other forum.
You can say that yourself, can't you?. Good morning to you Props.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 am

for that, I might have to exclude you from future good morning wishes.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 am

As you wish Props.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

I had began applying for odd jobs in the school campus, when I found out of the blue that I have become a TA. Woohoo... that same night I got an exciting phone call (as in he sounded so excited), from the Taco Bell Manager welcoming me to start work asap.

That TA lasted through the Fall and the Spring. But I would not call it a 'small job'. Then next summer, and before the final semester, I was pregnant. After going through unhealthy cycle of 'dropping husband at the train-station-throw up-sleep-wakeup at noon-throw up-eat my bad cooking-throw up-watch mtv-keep throwin up till bed time', I decided to look for summer jobs. One of my friends put me in the admin office, where they made students buy the mandatory food programs. My job was sit in the manager's office from 8-4 (in summers they let you work 40 hours), and verify that all the individual receipts added up to the values written in the register and file a daily report. The MOST manual and boring task. The only kicking point was that I always managed to boggle over the women at the desk there whenever I walked up to talk about the discrepencies and mouthed off 3-4 SSN's out of memory.

That went for about 2-3 weeks. I made SIX HUNDRED bucks that month. Was a huge deal, even more than my much higher TA stipend.

Then I got into a more comfortable job, even if lesser paying @ 400/month, of computer technical/desk attendent at the uni. hospital library. Basically it paid off our car lease, gas money ($40/month!!!!), and insurance. This was the job that I continued almost through the end of the semester. I had my classes 3 days a week. And worked here for total 20 hours the other 2 days. Was a great place to sit and study or finish school work. Had to stop towards the end coz I could no longer fit my very pregnant belly anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am

Trace, you started at the top. Good for you. Many guys worked at gas stations while in college.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 am

Priya wrote:My first job was selling Avon products. It was fun meeting my new neighbors. I also did some baby-sitting. After I learned to drive, I took a summer job working as a cashier in a grocery store. That was a nightmare.

>>>> On campus tutoring.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:51 am

Kris wrote:
Priya wrote:My first job was selling Avon products. It was fun meeting my new neighbors. I also did some baby-sitting. After I learned to drive, I took a summer job working as a cashier in a grocery store. That was a nightmare.

>>>> On campus tutoring.

My first job tutoring Betsy on Thermodynamics and Strength of Materials.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:58 am

Mine was math/ precalc, if I remember correctly. Also, burger stand cashier and book store back room clerk during summer. In fact did this the last summer, because grad assistantship ran out in fall and I was taking the final class in summer. In between, had a financial analyst job (previous summer) in the international group of a bank (with a work permit from INS). Had to do spreads on french language financials.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:50 am

i worked as a secret service agent for the CIA and carried out a job on a drug cartel leader in mexico with a custom-made barrett m95 from the roof top of a hotel in Tampico. then they sent me to st petersburg to spy on the then KGB director mikhail iskiuskimaaki. when i submitted my report highlighting the fact that mikhail iskiuskimaaki liked raisin bran cereal in the morning to the CIA, they suggested i take up another job.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am

Really? CIA's SSA? Did you have to be a natural born citizen for this job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am

Priya wrote:Really? CIA's SSA? Did you have to be a natural born citizen for this job?

if you don't trust me, i will show you the picture of my dark glasses that only secret service agents wear. see ## below.

## Cool

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:22 am

Brick, thanks for your proof. I am truly convinced now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down