Is a small world Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a small world

+2
swapna
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Is a small world Empty Is a small world

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Older has a girl in school, let's call her Anna Kiddo. No big deal, same name as mine. She was also with her in one of the afterschool classes 4-5 years ago, where I used to run into Anna's mom when picking her up. Anna's mom is super pretty. I always used to look at her and think that she looks familiar, but could never put a finger on it. Anyway, for this reason  I was always more interested in Anna. Over a period of time, Anna and my D became enemies, but I still had a soft corner for Anna, much to D's annoyance. With time, they became friends again, and all was good. Today Anna texts D, 'D I think we are related'. D was like, 'mommy, do you have a relative in Canada, Anna says we are related.'....

And it all came together in my head, in an instance. Of course! Anna's mom, the pretty one, is one of the many sisters of my first cousin's wife!!!! NOW I knew why she looked familiar. They are many sisters, and I had met only two of them, including my SIL, but had heard that they all looked the same. It also didn't connect to me earlier coz I thought only one of her sisters lived in NJ, not two, and I had met that sister before. Not sure why no one mentioned this one.

Meanwhile, D is stumped and going around telling everyone how she goes to school with someone from her extended family, and how there are some people in her group she will never be able to leave once she leaves the school, especially the guy who Anna is all set to marry (teens!). All this while I am trying to tell D to tell Anna not to tell them about my divorce as nani didn't tell anyone.

Back to top Go down

Is a small world Empty Re: Is a small world

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:07 pm

hahaha....wait till Anna finds out that you are divorced - only a matter of time.

Then wait till you have to explain further that you are indeed living happily with your ex...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

hahaha....wait till Anna  finds out that you are divorced - only a matter of time.

Then wait till you have to explain further that you are indeed living happily with your ex...Razz

Anna not only knows about the divorce, she knows the reasons for it too. I am so screwed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Tell D to tell Anna not to reveal this to her mom. If she already blurted it to her, tell mom not to say this to anyone in the family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Kinnera wrote:Tell D to tell Anna not to reveal this to her mom. If she already blurted it to her, tell mom not to say this to anyone in the family.

Yeah....I think BK should launch an ebola-style investigation and track who all know about her divorce and instruct them not to tell others.

Dont be surprised if she discovers that Swap-na is her Cousin's cousin's brother-in-law.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Kinnera wrote:Tell D to tell Anna not to reveal this to her mom. If she already blurted it to her, tell mom not to say this to anyone in the family.

Yeah....I think BK should launch an ebola-style investigation and track who all know about her divorce and instruct them not to tell others.

Dont be surprised if she discovers that Swap-na is her Cousin's cousin's brother-in-law.
Ya, I won't be surprised if that happens. Somebody in Sapna's family would've married a northindian and somehow that connection may lead to BK being related to him. Who knows! It's a small world afterall.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:36 pm

"Is a small world this?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Older has a girl in school, let's call her Anna Kiddo. No big deal, same name as mine. She was also with her in one of the afterschool classes 4-5 years ago, where I used to run into Anna's mom when picking her up. Anna's mom is super pretty. I always used to look at her and think that she looks familiar, but could never put a finger on it. Anyway, for this reason  I was always more interested in Anna. Over a period of time, Anna and my D became enemies, but I still had a soft corner for Anna, much to D's annoyance. With time, they became friends again, and all was good. Today Anna texts D, 'D I think we are related'. D was like, 'mommy, do you have a relative in Canada, Anna says we are related.'....

And it all came together in my head, in an instance. Of course! Anna's mom, the pretty one, is one of the many sisters of my first cousin's wife!!!! NOW I knew why she looked familiar. They are many sisters, and I had met only two of them, including my SIL, but had heard that they all looked the same. It also didn't connect to me earlier coz I thought only one of her sisters lived in NJ, not two, and I had met that sister before. Not sure why no one mentioned this one.

Meanwhile, D is stumped and going around telling everyone how she goes to school with someone from her extended family, and how there are some people in her group she will never be able to leave once she leaves the school, especially the guy who Anna is all set to marry (teens!). All this while I am trying to tell D to tell Anna not to tell them about my divorce as nani didn't tell anyone.

"instant," not "instance."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm

It sure is. My cousin works with my best friend's wife in the same office, same division and know each other very well.
It was during my sister's wedding we discovered this. They were like how do you know the bride...oh she is my cousin...oh she is my husband's childhood friend (my sister n I have common childhood friends).

One of my college mates is married to a guy from my school. They met in London n didn't know I know them both till I saw their wedding pix on FB.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:08 pm

swapna wrote:"Is a small world this?"
Not Such for sure. fewer ppl, but too high and too many walls here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

ya that's what i was doing. "All this while I am trying to tell D to tell Anna not to tell them about my divorce as nani didn't tell anyone."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Ya, I won't be surprised if that happens. Somebody in Sapna's family would've married a northindian and somehow that connection may lead to BK being related to him. Who knows! It's a small world afterall.

*shudder*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Older has a girl in school, let's call her Anna Kiddo. No big deal, same name as mine. She was also with her in one of the afterschool classes 4-5 years ago, where I used to run into Anna's mom when picking her up. Anna's mom is super pretty. I always used to look at her and think that she looks familiar, but could never put a finger on it. Anyway, for this reason  I was always more interested in Anna. Over a period of time, Anna and my D became enemies, but I still had a soft corner for Anna, much to D's annoyance. With time, they became friends again, and all was good. Today Anna texts D, 'D I think we are related'. D was like, 'mommy, do you have a relative in Canada, Anna says we are related.'....

I have three points you need to take to heart:

1) You need to quickly disabuse your daughter of the notion of school friendships lasting forever. Often they end up being a pain in the youknowwhat.

2)  You (and Kinn) need to stop being inclusive of your seventh cousins twice removed or worrying about what they think

3) You need to move out of joisey-- pronto! Iowa or Wyoming would be ideal.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Kris wrote:

I have three points you need to take to heart:

1) You need to quickly disabuse your daughter of the notion of school friendships lasting forever. Often they end up being a pain in the youknowwhat.

2)  You (and Kinn) need to stop being inclusive of your seventh cousins twice removed or worrying about what they think

3) You need to move out of joisey-- pronto! Iowa or Wyoming would be ideal.

Smile

lol... no it's my first cousin. he doesn't know about my status.

and that's what d was thinking, that once she leaves the school she will leave them behind. But she can't do that if she is distant related to someone lol.

lastly, it was that not that close a relation that I had first jumped to conclusion. My SIL's sister is not Anna's mom, but her aunt by marriage. *phew*. Anna's mom's mystery still continues, and now I am positive it will come through one day.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:31 pm

seven wrote:It sure is. My cousin works with my best friend's wife in the same office, same division and know each other very well.
It was during my sister's wedding we discovered this. They were like how do you know the bride...oh she is my cousin...oh she is my husband's childhood friend (my sister n I have common childhood friends).

One of my college mates is married to a guy from my school. They met in London n didn't know I know them both till I saw their wedding pix on FB.

(OMG) x 100, in other words,
Ox100 n Mx100 n Gx100.

na?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:39 pm

swapna wrote:
seven wrote:It sure is. My cousin works with my best friend's wife in the same office, same division and know each other very well.

Ox100 n Mx100 n Gx100.

na?

Are you sure ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 pm

swapna wrote:

Ox100 n Mx100 n Gx100.

na?

What?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 pm

seven wrote:
swapna wrote:

Ox100 n Mx100 n Gx100.

na?

What?

Swapie is showing off his JEE coaching class skills....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:28 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:I am trying to tell D to tell Anna not to tell them about my divorce as nani didn't tell anyone.

in other words, you don't want the false rumours about your divorce that you and kinnamma started, to spread beyond the virgin-boyz of suCH? everything you write here about your "divorce" strengthens my belief that it was faked with the objective of attracting the virgin-boyz to you. 

has battered_arse been sending you private messages containing syrupy urdu poetry every day? please don't kick him in the teeth; we want him for the entertainment.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 am

Why you spelling them as boyz?

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Show Anna your samurai skills. Throw an apple up, slice it into a dozen pieces midair with your Hattori Hanzo sword. That should do it, she will never say a word about you to anyone again.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 pm

nevada wrote:Show Anna your samurai skills. Throw an apple up, slice it into a dozen pieces midair with your Hattori Hanzo sword. That should do it, she will never say a word about you to anyone again.

lol, wish I could live upto my handle name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down