Insecurities of a Tamil man Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insecurities of a Tamil man

+3
garam_kuta
bw
Rishi
7 posters

Go down

Insecurities of a Tamil man Empty Insecurities of a Tamil man

Post by Rishi Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

There is a Tamil guy from Chennai living locally who is married to a white woman.

The man became an American citizen long time ago. As soon as he got naturalized, he sponsored his sister and her husband. The process took its own time. They arrived here in the new world. The Tamil fellow's nephew, a smart kid who went to IIT was already here on a student visa a few years before his parents came to America. He was a little old to be considered to be a child to be brought by his parents as a permanent resident. He was doing his Ph.D here at a university here.

The IIT kid was good looking and had an impressive personality. He was personable and charming. He used to visit his uncle often. His American aunt also liked him.

One day, the 24 year old nephew got a call from his 55 year old uncle. "You are too friendly with my wife. You better stop that." the uncle warned.

The kid told his mom. She felt really bad. She felt sorry for her brother. She knew her SIL was a nice lady but it was her brother who was having a problem. He would have been better off marrying a Tamil woman, she thought.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Insecurities of a Tamil man Empty Re: Insecurities of a Tamil man

Post by bw Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Rishi wrote:There is a Tamil guy from Chennai living locally who is married to a white woman.

The man became an American citizen long time ago. As soon as he got naturalized, he sponsored his sister and her husband. The process took its own time. They arrived here in the new world. The Tamil fellow's nephew, a smart kid who went to IIT was already here on a student visa a few years before his parents came to America. He was a little old to be considered to be a child to be brought by his parents as a permanent resident. He was doing his Ph.D here at a university here.

The IIT kid was good looking and had an impressive personality. He was personable and charming. He used to visit his uncle often. His American aunt also liked him.

One day, the 24 year old nephew got a call from his 55 year old uncle. "You are too friendly with my wife. You better stop that." the uncle warned.

The kid told his mom. She felt really bad. She felt sorry for her brother. She knew her SIL was a nice lady but it was her brother who was having a problem. He would have been better off marrying a Tamil woman, she thought.  

are you saying that he wouldn't have minded his nephew getting friendly with his wife if she were a tamilian? what's the difference?

also, how do you know what his mom 'thought'? let me guess - she confided in you?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:40 pm

bw wrote:
Rishi wrote:There is a Tamil guy from Chennai living locally who is married to a white woman.

are you saying that he wouldn't have minded his nephew getting friendly with his wife id she were a tamilian? what's the difference?

>>> No. The nephew was not making passes at his white aunt. It was just that he was outgoing and could carry on a conversation. But the uncle might have thought his nephew may want to screw the white woman. Who knows?

A typical Tamil-Tamil relationship, a nephew may address his uncle's wife as mAmi and act deferentially.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Rishi wrote:
bw wrote:

are you saying that he wouldn't have minded his nephew getting friendly with his wife id she were a tamilian? what's the difference?

>>> No. The nephew was not making passes at his white aunt. It was just that he was outgoing and could carry on a conversation. But the uncle might have thought his nephew may want to screw the white woman. Who knows?

A typical Tamil-Tamil relationship, a nephew may address his uncle's wife as  mAmi and act deferentially.

an insecure man will be insecure about everyone, tamil mAmi included. anyway, this lady is an aunt if not a mAmi and the relationship is the same as far as the nephew is concerned.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Rishi wrote:
bw wrote:

A typical Tamil-Tamil relationship, a nephew may address his uncle's wife as  mAmi and act deferentially.

I think you're right, Rishi- calling the aunt 'mami' imposes the conditioning effectively; everyone is a product of their culture, particularly the main stream type, more a conformist than an 'exuberant liberal' in these matters.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm

why are we even talking about this?? as bw said an INSECURE man is an INSECURE man.. PERIOD.. it doesn't matter if it was a mami, chithi etc.. he feels insecure and realizes that the woman can leave him anytime.. the stoopid mum is a dumass who believes that if the aunt were Tamilian she would be all THALAI EZUTHU and stay with his ass..

uggghh.. i am getting pissed off at this make believe story supplied by Rishi AnNa..

*must be bored*

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Silly Point wrote:why are we even talking about this?? as bw said an INSECURE man is an INSECURE man.. PERIOD.. it doesn't matter if it was a mami, chithi etc.. he feels insecure and realizes that the woman can leave him anytime.. the stoopid mum is a dumass who believes that if the aunt were Tamilian she would be all THALAI EZUTHU and stay with his ass..

uggghh.. i am getting pissed off at this make believe story supplied by Rishi AnNa..

*must be bored*

Krithi

Ean ippadi koovareenga! kachamuchanu kaduppulae irukkai pOla thondradhu kOndhae!. saaptaeLa? mudalae adhai pannungO. aamaelae, 1008 sriramajayam ezhudhungO ! no copy and paste! OKvaa?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 pm

However, the uncle, nephew and mum are all Mudaliars. I don't think the call uncle's wife as mAmi among Mudaliars.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Silly Point wrote:why are we even talking about this?? as bw said an INSECURE man is an INSECURE man.. PERIOD.. it doesn't matter if it was a mami, chithi etc.. he feels insecure and realizes that the woman can leave him anytime.. the stoopid mum is a dumass who believes that if the aunt were Tamilian she would be all THALAI EZUTHU and stay with his ass..

*must be bored*

Krithi

please do not slam rishi. i love his stories and insights.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 pm

oooh chapatein.. kovam is coming man.. can't help it.. all this sriramjayam writing wont work for me.. amma used to make me do that and she has given up..

*kachamuchanu katthhing is my ishtyle*

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:57 pm

bw wrote:

*must be bored*

Krithi

please do not slam rishi. i love his stories and insights.
PS my dawlin bw

I never slammed him i just said his ishstory was make believe..

Love
Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by Silly Point Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Rishi wrote:However, the uncle, nephew and mum are all Mudaliars. I don't think the call uncle's wife as mAmi among Mudaliars.

Yeddho punakku.. the idea is still the same..

*stick with my story*

Krithi

Silly Point

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 pm

What is the relevance of IIT to the story? Had he not gone to IIT , his uncle wouldn't have been insecure?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 am

b_A wrote:
Rishi wrote:

What is the relevance of IIT to the story? Had he not gone to IIT , his uncle wouldn't have been insecure?

You are 102% right. it is the iit that was making the unkil insecure. Everyone missed the real reason. I suspect that that the White Aunty is an Ivy Leaguer.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:38 am

b_A wrote:

>>>This is a true story. I have met the kid and his parents. He is smart, went to IIT. Was doing his Ph.D in Computer Science. I just threw in the details.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:55 am

bw wrote:

are you saying that he wouldn't have minded his nephew getting friendly with his wife if she were a tamilian? what's the difference?

also, how do you know what his mom 'thought'? let me guess - she confided in you?

>>> What if she had been a hindian of a different caste or a tamil tigress (nod to KV here:)? What then? What if she had been black? Or a dugio? What is he had been a non-iit-ian? What if it was manjay, he of the curious conversations on the subway?So many possibilities to ponder, so little time.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:42 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
b_A wrote:
Rishi wrote:

You are 102% right. it is the iit that was making the unkil insecure. Everyone missed the real reason.  I suspect that that the White Aunty is an Ivy Leaguer.

hahaha..samiyaar, what is it with you and Ivy League schools/IITs...this one reminds me of an old joke that in IITs, there are only males and non-males, no females.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down