malaysian airlines flight  - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

malaysian airlines flight

+25
harharmahadev
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Seva Lamberdar
doofus_maximus
southindian
seven
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
michelle2
pravalika nanda
truthbetold
Kris
Ultimate Dalit
confuzzled dude
FluteHolder
Impedimenta
Rishi
garam_kuta
Rekz
bw
swapna
nevada
b_A
Merlot Daruwala
Maria S
29 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

malaysian airlines flight  - Page 2 Empty Re: malaysian airlines flight

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 am

CNN reports that Dennis Giles, editor of the Andaman Chronicle newspaper, says there's just nowhere to land such a big plane in his archipelago without attracting notice. I have not seen an episode of the twilight zone but I am guessing this could be a plot. WOW!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 am

the biggest airport in the archipelago is port blair. i have been there. it's a tiny airport to transport folks back and forth from the mainland. there are two flights to chennai every day. there maybe one to mumbai, i am not sure. the planes are small and carry maybe 50 passengers at most.

apparently not anymore. they fly airbus 320s. not sure if it is capable of accepting a 777.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 am

crowdsourcing, mm kazillion untrained imagery analysts. that'll work...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/us/malaysia-airlines-plane-crowdsourcing-search/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:reuters is reporting that the apparent heading of the plane was the andaman & nicobar islands. india has a naval base there and who knows what else the military keeps there. it's out of sight, out of mind kind of remote place. some not so friendly element may have figured out what the indian military maintains or stores there and maybe tried to sabotage it by flying an aircraft into it. i'm sticking with my story.

Can you be more specific? What you have in your mind and which/what kind of group could be planning ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:53 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:reuters is reporting that the apparent heading of the plane was the andaman & nicobar islands. india has a naval base there and who knows what else the military keeps there. it's out of sight, out of mind kind of remote place. some not so friendly element may have figured out what the indian military maintains or stores there and maybe tried to sabotage it by flying an aircraft into it. i'm sticking with my story.

Can you be more specific?  What you have in your mind and which/what kind of group could be planning ?

pakistani taliban/al qaeda and/or kashmiri separatists for starters. although this is not their MO (the separatists i mean).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm

I would suspect the 'expert' pilot who has built his own stimulator and has been a 'regular' at his 'mosque' and might have indoctrinated/brainwashed to the idea that he is one of the 'chosen' to steal the plane to be later used against 'infidels'.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Can you be more specific?  What you have in your mind and which/what kind of group could be planning ?

pakistani taliban/al qaeda and/or kashmiri separatists for starters. although this is not their MO (the separatists i mean).

interesting now that the search is being conducted in eastern seaboard (bay of bengal)...lends credence to a 911 like plot to blow up the parliament or other installations in the extreme south as you said. still a bit far off but this is a mystery for sure. I dont believe US department would say something without having an inkling....

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

interesting now that the search is being conducted in eastern seaboard (bay of bengal)...lends credence to a 911 like plot to blow up the parliament or other installations in the extreme south as you said. still a bit far off but this is a mystery for sure. I dont believe US department would say something without having an inkling....

If that's true, wondering what went wrong with it... heroic pilot/crew/passengers? or some secret service watching air spaces too closely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

If that's true, wondering what went wrong with it... heroic pilot/crew/passengers? or some secret service watching air spaces too closely?

dunno, maybe they didnt know too well how to fly? remember they dont have that many flight simulator schools to get trained at anymore...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

not that any concrete evidence pointed that way, but i put this on the list of possibilities the moment they said they may have evidence that the plane turned west and that they have evidence it was still flying after the transponder stopped transmitting, maybe because it was turned off deliberately. this maybe the sort of thing they may have been working on once the US and the rest of the west woke up after 9/11 and tightened security. they may be looking for targets in more vulnerable places and malaysia may have provided a soft entry point and india a juicy target.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:46 pm

That conspiracy theory I posted a while ago doesn't seem too far fetched now does it?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:47 pm

nevada wrote:That conspiracy theory I posted a while ago doesn't seem too far fetched now does it?

touche!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:55 pm

if it crashed where the americans are saying it may have, some andamanese fisherfolk may come across some debris. the indian navy has already talked to them and has apparently asked them to be on the lookout. they are also talking to tribals in more remote islands. that place is amazing. there are some 500 or so islands and only about 50 are inhabited. it's a paradise on earth.

what might be uncomfortable for the indians is the chinese poking around in the malacca strait. they are sending some ships to the area too apparently. most of the archipelago belongs to india except two of the northernmost islands (the coco islands) which our dear first prime minister gifted away to mayanmar. rumors are that the mayanmarese are letting the chinese set up some kind of base there.  this ought to be fun -- the indian, american, and potentially the chinese navy all in close proximity.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:05 pm

or may be friends of 'KV' took it to northern SriLanka?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if it crashed where the americans are saying it may have, some andamanese fisherfolk may come across some debris. the indian navy has already talked to them and has apparently asked them to be on the lookout. they are also talking to tribals in more remote islands. that place is amazing. there are some 500 or so islands and only about 50 are inhabited. it's a paradise on earth.

what might be uncomfortable for the indians is the chinese poking around in the malacca strait. they are sending some ships to the area too apparently. most of the archipelago belongs to india except two of the northernmost islands (the coco islands) which our dear first prime minister gifted away to mayanmar. rumors are that the mayanmarese are letting the chinese set up some kind of base there.  this ought to be fun -- the indian, american, and potentially the chinese navy all in close proximity.
I think this new theory is an American ploy, the US is taking advantage of the situation to take care of their unfinished business, remember late last year, India arrested a crew of an American ship in that area.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if it crashed where the americans are saying it may have, some andamanese fisherfolk may come across some debris. the indian navy has already talked to them and has apparently asked them to be on the lookout. they are also talking to tribals in more remote islands. that place is amazing. there are some 500 or so islands and only about 50 are inhabited. it's a paradise on earth.

I think this new theory is an American ploy, the US is taking advantage of the situation to take care of their unfinished business, remember late last year, India arrested a crew of an American ship in that area.

was this idea floated after or before the friday prayer meeting and kebab lunch?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:45 pm

FluteHolder wrote:or may be friends of 'KV' took it to northern SriLanka?
The reports say the plane has 5 Indian nationals as passengers. But are they Indian nationals, or some other people traveling with stolen passports? DOn't know if some SriLankan's are on that flight also. And then, of course, any Pakistani(s) Bangladeshis as passengers? I have doubts abouts Bangladeshis however. They don't fly, they just walk to wherever their taqdeer takes them.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

was this idea floated after or before the friday prayer meeting and kebab lunch?
No It was determined over lunch buffet at an Indian restaurant.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

waas rashmun there too? all those beards in one place makes him tingly

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Dalit Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Hallelujah Hallelujah ! Jesus loves you too my dear child. May the Holy Spirit always be with you and your family. May you find your relationship with Jesus fulfilling and rewarding.

Ultimate Dalit

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Father Paul wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Hallelujah Hallelujah ! Jesus loves you too my dear child. May the Holy Spirit always be with you and your family. May you find your relationship with Jesus fulfilling and rewarding.

father paul, do you like father brown stories? i enjoyed reading them.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Dalit Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm

bw wrote:
Father Paul wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

father paul, do you like father brown stories? i enjoyed reading them.

Yes the Father Paul I mean Father Brown stories are among the best detective stories ever written. I sometimes wonder whether the tamil fictional detective Digambara Swamiyar was based on Father Brown. Have you read the detective stories featuring Shankar Lal, Digambara Swamiyar, Thupparium Sambu, etc?

Meanwhile do take a look at this:

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/trivia/triv188.html

Ultimate Dalit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Expect a blockbuster hollywood movie on MH370 in 2 or 3 yrs.

mix of passengers, terroros, osama, chechans, ukraine/Russia, crasing, chinese traon station killing all can form a great plot.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:38 am

in the days when every email/phone call is meticulously recorded, a monster of an airplane can fly around for 3-4 hours with no one certain of its whereabouts - quite incredible!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:39 am

bw wrote:in these days where every email/phone call is recorded, a monster of an airplane can fly around for 3-4 hours with no one certain of its whereabouts - quite incredible!
>>>Many things are not adding up. Does Malaysia know more than it is letting on? Is there home-grown terror movement they are aware of, but one which that gave them the slip this time and they are trying to save face by feigning ignorance? Being an Islamic country, that could taint them. One possibility could be that someone tried to take the  plane toward the pak/afghan/Islamic countries broken out of the former USSR, probably not understanding the logistical difficulties and grossly over-estimating the cooperation there and finally panicked. At this point, we can only speculate. The idea may have been to seem like a hero by delivering this set of bargaining chips including a vehicle that can be weaponized to the perennially angry crowd.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:21 am

bw wrote:in the days when every email/phone call is meticulously recorded, a monster of an airplane can fly around for 3-4 hours with no one certain of its whereabouts - quite incredible!

I know right. Ridiculous. Maybe they should give you the job. Instead of keeping a tab on all Suchers' real names and their wives and mothers' Facebook pages, you will serve the world a much better purpose if you sat in that sad hongkong apartment of yours all day and night and kept a tab on all the planes flying around. Also some advice. Don't partner with your valentine-wannabe in this venture as he is pretty unreliable.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 am

Kris
Malaysia is at best accepting facts forced on it in a slow and unresponsive way. It strongly denied wsj article at first. Now pm says there was satellite pinging Upton 7 hours. Usa went public with some data. China openly asked for openness.
Malaysia exhibited typical semi autocratic govt reluctance to professionally deal with the issue.
But all the bungling aside, this is still an unresolved mystery after a week. Real life is more is more interesting than fiction.
here is a wild theory. Russians did it to divert or reduce attention on Crimea. They forced it from the top spot of news coverage. They have the necessary tools and knowledge.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
bw wrote:in the days when every email/phone call is meticulously recorded, a monster of an airplane can fly around for 3-4 hours with no one certain of its whereabouts - quite incredible!

I know right. Ridiculous. Maybe they should give you the job. Instead of keeping a tab on all Suchers' real names and their wives and mothers' Facebook pages, you will serve the world a much better purpose if you sat in that sad hongkong apartment of yours all day and night and kept a tab on all the planes flying around. Also some advice. Don't partner with your valentine-wannabe in this venture as he is pretty unreliable.

*fixed* afro 
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

hahaha.... thank Goodness [(c) Maria] I have covered my ID under 3 - layers (perhaps, add a couple of more layers).

Prior to SuCH and Sulekha, I was on a site where I used a handle/profile that everyone can easily find. I think the profile was on Geocities - the time when everyone put their real name/family name-pics/jobs etc... So everyone knew how i looked, my family, my job etc..etc...

There was only only catch. I surveyed many geocities webpages from a city that I knew reasonably well (Houston) and picked a webpage belonged to a middle class and a good looking guy and wife and who would blabber everything on his site.

viola.. Not a soul would suspect that i was on the west coast...and that profile, name, family, origin in India all belonged to some guy I have never known... I was so very consistent (thanks to Mr. Kishnan - wife Geetha - who was all excited about updating his site regularly) no one would believe me when I openly stated a couple of times where I lived on the West Coast...(as usual no one could believe if I was telling the truth or lying)....I maintained this profile till that site closed...I met a couple of people from that site and only when I met face to face, I told them about my real persona....Wink

See.... I never trusted this net from day 1 and knew everything was/is monitored or stored in servers somewhere - perhaps bcz I was a computer UNIX geek at that time who could hack into computers.

Hint: never ever lie about something you know nothing about, and lying properly is extremely difficult.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Dalit Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:52 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

hahaha.... thank Goodness [(c) Maria] I have covered my ID under 3 - layers (perhaps, add a couple of more layers).

Prior to SuCH and Sulekha, I was on a site where I used a handle/profile that everyone can easily find. I think the profile was on Geocities - the time when everyone put their real name/family name-pics/jobs etc... So everyone knew how i looked, my family, my job etc..etc...

There was only only catch. I surveyed many geocities webpages from a city that I knew reasonably well (Houston) and picked a webpage belonged to a middle class and a good looking guy and wife and who would blabber everything on his site.

viola.. Not a soul would suspect that i was on the west coast...and that profile, name, family, origin in India all belonged to some guy I have never known... I was so very consistent (thanks to Mr. Kishnan - wife Geetha - who was all excited about updating his site regularly) no one would believe me when I openly stated a couple of times where I lived on the West Coast...(as usual no one could believe if I was telling the truth or lying)....I maintained this profile till that site closed...I met a couple of people from that site and only when I met face to face, I told them about my real persona....Wink

See.... I never trusted this net from day 1 and knew everything was/is monitored or stored in servers somewhere - perhaps bcz I was a computer UNIX geek at that time who could hack into computers.

Hint: never ever lie about something you know nothing about, and lying properly is extremely difficult.

All that is fine but when are you coming to the kingdom of Jesus? Quit dilly dallying.

Ultimate Dalit

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 am

Father Paul wrote:

All that is fine but when are you coming to the kingdom of Jesus? Quit dilly dallying.

Jesus read your post to me and simply panicked. He SMSed me asking me and begging me to leave him alone and not listen to you...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate Dalit Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 am

Father Paul wrote:

Jesus read your post to me and simply panicked. He SMSed me asking me and begging me to leave him alone and not listen to you...Wink

May the Holy Spirit heal you spiritually and mentally so that you cease to have hallucinations.

Ultimate Dalit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:28 pm

truthbetold wrote:Kris
Malaysia is at best accepting facts forced on it in a slow and unresponsive way. It strongly denied wsj article at first. Now pm says there was satellite pinging Upton 7 hours. Usa went public with some data. China openly asked for openness.
Malaysia exhibited typical semi autocratic govt reluctance to professionally deal with the issue.
But all the bungling aside,  this is still an unresolved mystery after a week. Real life is more is more interesting than fiction.
here is a wild theory. Russians did it to divert or reduce attention on Crimea. They forced it from the top spot of news coverage. They have the necessary tools and knowledge.
>>>I think there is a high likelihood of on Islamic group connection, but let's wait to see how it unfolds.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Someone was claiming on the TV that lithium batteries stored in this plane's cargo bay might have brought it down, because, according to him, a number of aircraft accidents in the past were the result of lithium batteries on the planes catching fire.

Considering the above, why were the lithium batteries put in this plane's cargo bay, if it was already known that they can catch fire leading to aircraft accidents?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:55 pm

But all the bungling aside,  this is still an unresolved mystery after a week. Real life is more is more interesting than fiction.

how does news coverage hurt putin? he's not competing in some elections in the west to be bothered by negative press coverage is he?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

[size=12.800000190734863]mee-owwww[/size]

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

[size=12.8]mee-owwww[/size]

bom 

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

how does news coverage hurt putin? he's not competing in some elections in the west to be bothered by negative press coverage is he?

good question. however public sentiment in the west has voice not only at the time of election. Less coverage of crimea and more discussion about plane accident may help with the attention paid to crimea by ordinary citizens. that less attention and less intensity of feelings could bring down the ferocity of sanctions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:32 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

good question. however public sentiment in the west has voice not only at the time of election. Less coverage of crimea and more discussion about plane accident may help with the attention paid to crimea by ordinary citizens. that less attention and less intensity of feelings could bring down the ferocity of sanctions.

let me ask the question another way: do you think the west is imposing sanctions on public pressure?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

let me ask the question another way: do you think the west is imposing sanctions on public pressurePOSTURING ?

As Bob gates - the one sensible level headed defense secretary there ever was - mentioned Crimea is gone. that is it. Its population is russian and was part of russia once. Move onto Ukraine.

Putin pressure will end up with a softer Ukrainian prez. If Ukraine behaves like Poland or others, Russians will break Ukraine into East and west and make Eastern Ukraine as Russia war front and battlefield.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Someone was claiming on the TV that lithium batteries stored in this plane's cargo bay might have brought it down, because, according to him, a number of aircraft accidents in the past were the result of lithium batteries on the planes catching fire.

Considering the above, why were the lithium batteries put in this plane's cargo bay, if it was already known that they can catch fire leading to aircraft accidents?

doesn't fit with transponders turning off and more importantly with the fact that pings were received from the aircraft six to seven hours after radar contact was lost. this may still turn out to be nothing to do with terrorism or hijacking. some new information has surfaced that indicates problems even before the pilot/co-pilot said goodnight to the malaysian air traffic controller just before entering vietnamese air space. cabin depressurization may have just begun. apparently very early hypoxia can lead to disorientation while the patient is still very much conscious. he may have been doing random things in a disoriented state like turning switches off that were not intended to be turned off. at some point he mistakenly turned the plane southwest as hypoxia brought on by decompression was still in progress, then pilots and everyone else on the plane lose consciousness and the plane continues on the heading that was established (southwest towards the indian ocean) just before disoriented but still conscious pilots lost consciousness. it then keeps flying until all fuel is consumed while everyone drifts away to their hypoxia induced death in flight. plane crashes into the ocean. the end.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:Someone was claiming on the TV that lithium batteries stored in this plane's cargo bay might have brought it down, because, according to him, a number of aircraft accidents in the past were the result of lithium batteries on the planes catching fire.

doesn't fit with transponders turning off and more importantly with the fact that pings were received from the aircraft six to seven hours after radar contact was lost. this may still turn out to be nothing to do with terrorism or hijacking. some new information has surfaced that indicates problems even before the pilot/co-pilot said goodnight to the malaysian air traffic controller just before entering vietnamese air space. cabin depressurization may have just begun. apparently very early hypoxia can lead to disorientation while the patient is still very much conscious. he may have been doing random things in a disoriented state like turning switches off that were not intended to be turned off. at some point he mistakenly turned the plane southwest as hypoxia brought on by decompression was still in progress, then pilots and everyone else on the plane lose consciousness and the plane continues on the heading that was established (southwest towards the indian ocean) just before disoriented but still conscious pilots lost consciousness. it then keeps flying until all fuel is consumed while everyone drifts away to their hypoxia induced death in flight. plane crashes into the ocean. the end.

Reminds me of this novel Mayday I had read a long time back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:34 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

how long was the original flight? why would that plane that was designed to fly for much longer lose fuel in just 4 hours?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

how long was the original flight? why would that plane that was designed to fly for much longer lose fuel in just 4 hours?

the last ping that the inmarsat satellite received from the plane was at 8.11 AM. the plane took off from kualalampur at 12.41 AM. they said it had about eight hours of fuel. that's pretty close. it seemed to have been in the air a little more than seven hours. the original scheduled flight was six hours.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:41 pm

It is not like the transponders cannot be turned back on by the pilots if they had wanted it....only they might not have wanted it.

Lithium battery stuff and fires etc...dont cause the plane to disappear INSTANTLY without even giving the pilots to turn back the transponders and transmit May Day calls.

the plane turned back - why? who O why ? certainly not bc of plane trouble...as it could have landed at so many places.

Next, the pings were transmitted only from one engine - remember reading somewhere...why ? was there an engine trouble. in that case the pilots would have known and why did not they transmit mayday ? and these planes can fly with one engine..

Planes dont disappear on its own or develop instant trouble after flying for 2 hours... There was a nice article by a 777 pilot on various stages of a flight. This is the safest phase - the cruising on auto pilot - and only a sudden explosion or instant decompression can cause a disappearance.

Now even sudden decompression can happen only in the case of an explosion- a massive one bcz a few gun shots can only put a hole and damage to a few people. Not instant disappearance.

If the plane did disappear into the ocean or anywhere, the mystery answer to the "why" question will continue to haunt for awhile.

Certainly a movie in the making.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Now even sudden decompression can happen only in the case of an explosion- a massive one bcz a few gun shots can only put a hole and damage to a few people.  Not instant disappearance.

may have been slow decompression. apparently the 777s are prone to cracking in the fuselage. one of the very few flaws in this model.

http://tinyurl.com/kc23wl2
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Now even sudden decompression can happen only in the case of an explosion- a massive one bcz a few gun shots can only put a hole and damage to a few people.  Not instant disappearance.

may have been slow decompression. apparently the 777s are prone to cracking in the fuselage. one of the very few flaws in this model.

http://tinyurl.com/kc23wl2

None of these explain the turning off of all communication and the lack of any "may day calls" besides only one pilot goes off to sleep at any one time.

777 ER has a range of some 12000 miles and the planes are almost always full before taking off. The plane was supposed to reach beiing around 5 or 6 AM. it was a 5 or 6 hr flight with 1 hour added for time diff. These planes fly at around 600 MPH and can fly for a good 15 to 18 hours. I flew in a 777ER across the pole Delhi-Chicago flight - 14 hr non-stop flight covering some 8000 miles.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 pm

I have a faint feeling that the plane indeed somewhere in Burma or some such place before the sun came up. Remember when one flies west, the sun chases you and it catches up slowly giving the pilot quite a few more hours to fly in the dark. perhaps just enough to fly to Afghanistan or Burma. These places do have quite a few abandoned old airstrips left over form the Brits.

If one were to map how far it could have flown before the sunlight could have caught up with the plane, and search all the live/closed/unused airstrips in that time frame/distance they might just find the plane - just a remote possibility. More likely than slow leak, lithium, and sudden magic disappearance.

BTW, it took off on Friday night. And, some of hte 9/11 pilots also enjoyed drinks, going to bars and boinking women using the small prints in their holey book.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:12 pm

None of these explain the turning off of all communication and the lack of any "may day calls" besides only one pilot goes off to sleep at any one time.

i discussed it in this post and offered a likely scenario. looks like you didn't bother reading it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i discussed it in this post and offered a likely scenario. looks like you didn't bother reading it.

Just now saw the video on CNN.

Just now saw the video...it puts the plane in Afghanistan at 8.11 AM . ..If the pilots wanted to take the plane down for whatever reason they could have repeated a 9/11 on KL or Bankgkok or any number of cities on the way... When they did not care for 225 people why would they care for the 1000s on the ground? So they decided to drown the plane so as NOT to hurt those on the ground?

If this plane had disappeared into the waters in the Gulf of Thailand it is one thing.. At this point, if I were to bet 10cents I will say it is somewhere in Afghanistan or Sinkiang.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next