The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party

+2
SomeProfile
seven
6 posters

Go down

The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party Empty The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 pm

http://www.business-standard.com/article/elections-2014/the-very-real-differences-between-the-bjp-and-congress-agendas-114040700680_1.html

The third rate BJP razzle-dazzle continues with terms like Ayurgenomics.

Back to top Go down

The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party Empty Re: The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party

Post by seven Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Do you think you could post links to actual manifestos here. I wanna do my own analysis.

TIA,

seven

Back to top Go down

The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party Empty Re: The very real differences between BJP and Congress agendas: A comparative analysis of the manifestos of the two party

Post by SomeProfile Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 pm

seven wrote:Do you think you could post links to actual manifestos here. I wanna do my own analysis.

TIA,

Shaven - still not learnt to Google?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:20 am

seven wrote:Do you think you could post links to actual manifestos here. I wanna do my own analysis.

TIA,

http://inc.in/images/Pages/English%20Manifesto%20for%20Web.pdf

and

http://www.bjp.org/manifesto2014

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

TIA,

Shaven - still not learnt to Google?

Cokhonut mein lassi,

Did Cher Horowitz learn to parallel park? No. Why should she? Wherever she goes, they have valet WinkWink

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:

TIA,

and

Awesome! Thank you.
I'm trying this thing where I don't look at news from an angle. Especially other people's angle.
I just wanna look at facts n draw my own conclusions.

Last edited by seven on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Angle. Angles. Damn you Michelle)

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:04 pm

seven wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

TIA,

and

Awesome! Thank you.
I'm trying this thing where I don't look at news from an angle. Especially other people's angle.
I just wanna look at facts n draw my own conclusions.
Good point Seven.
It is actually better for a Political Party to keep Manifestos Vague.
I scanned through BJP's manifesto and found one specific point
This one point is JUST BRILLIANT. Whoever has suggested this is simply outstanding.
cheaper agriculture inputs and credit; introducing latest technologies for
farming and high yielding seeds and linking MGNREGA to agriculture.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 pm

rashmun,

where can i find Congress's last time's manifesto. i wanna compare their report card with promises they made last time. 

TIA,

PS: i am so glad i read this. really simple and easy to understand document.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:18 pm

I was reading and totally believing everything bjp said in their manifesto until,

'unfortunate that a large section of minority, especially muslim community, continues to be stymied in poverty...'

so this is under Minority Equal Oppty section.

how are they going to prevent it from happening? by asking muslims to not have more kids than they can afford in other words go against kuran and restrict alla ki den :eye roll

why would they put this in ?

it makes me question the entire document and their credibility.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:54 pm

"Also, the call for a uniform civil code is no longer a Hindu-Muslim issue, but a question of gender equality. Although the manifesto does not state why equality and justice can come only through uniformity, the emphasis on protecting the rights of all women while pushing for a uniform civil code is a welcome departure from the BJP’s default position on this issue. On Jammu and Kashmir, the BJP reiterates its commitment to the abrogation of Article 370, but promises discussions with all stakeholders. Similarly, on Ayodhya the BJP takes care to mention that it would explore possibilities of facilitating the construction of the Ram temple within the framework of the Constitution. Ram Sethu and the Sethusamudram project are now issues of cultural heritage, not of religious faith. While the Ganga is described as a symbol of faith in India, the project for the purification of its waters is also justified by pointing to its importance for agriculture, fodder production and drinking water supply. The protection of the cow, another core Hindutva agenda item, is now seen in the context of the contribution of cattle to agriculture, and socio-economic and cultural life. There is no mention of secularism, but the manifesto commits the BJP to the preservation of the “rich culture and heritage” of India’s minority communities. The manifesto thus is an attempt to appeal not only to the core Hindutva supporters but also to the larger populace. But this attempt essentially represents the papering over of serious contradictions."

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/hindutva-confronts-modernity/article5883936.ece?homepage=true

-> Extremely brilliant fashion communalism Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 pm

-> Line by line comparison of manifestos
http://www.legallyindia.com/News/bjp-manifesto-v-cong-manifesto-same-same-except-gay-sex-fdi-cow-protection

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 pm

As for as Tamil people are concerned, Congress, BJP and Aam Admi have the same agenda. No difference. So stop this incessant posts about BJP and Congress

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:As for as Tamil people are concerned, Congress, BJP and Aam Admi have the same agenda. No difference. So stop this incessant posts about BJP and Congress
What agenda do they have?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:As for as Tamil people are concerned, Congress, BJP and Aam Admi have the same agenda. No difference. So stop this incessant posts about BJP and Congress
 Are you saying that such posters do not have the right to post about congress and bjp?.  If you are not interested why don't you find other posts of interest or take a walk in the park.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:43 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:"Also, the call for a uniform civil code is no longer a Hindu-Muslim issue, but a question of gender equality. Although the manifesto does not state why equality and justice can come only through uniformity, the emphasis on protecting the rights of all women while pushing for a uniform civil code is a welcome departure from the BJP’s default position on this issue. On Jammu and Kashmir, the BJP reiterates its commitment to the abrogation of Article 370, but promises discussions with all stakeholders. Similarly, on Ayodhya the BJP takes care to mention that it would explore possibilities of facilitating the construction of the Ram temple within the framework of the Constitution. Ram Sethu and the Sethusamudram project are now issues of cultural heritage, not of religious faith. While the Ganga is described as a symbol of faith in India, the project for the purification of its waters is also justified by pointing to its importance for agriculture, fodder production and drinking water supply. The protection of the cow, another core Hindutva agenda item, is now seen in the context of the contribution of cattle to agriculture, and socio-economic and cultural life. There is no mention of secularism, but the manifesto commits the BJP to the preservation of the “rich culture and heritage” of India’s minority communities. The manifesto thus is an attempt to appeal not only to the core Hindutva supporters but also to the larger populace. But this attempt essentially represents the papering over of serious contradictions."

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/hindutva-confronts-modernity/article5883936.ece?homepage=true

-> Extremely brilliant fashion communalism Razz
Why? What's your opposition to the above manifesto?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down