what would you advice obama to do about iraq? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what would you advice obama to do about iraq?

+3
Propagandhi711
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
7 posters

Go down

what would you advice obama to do about iraq? Empty what would you advice obama to do about iraq?

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:44 am

Since such posters are not shy of offering unsolicited advice, what would you advice obama to do about Iraq?

Searched for info on this problem. This is an incredibly complex situation with difficult choices. I do not have a specific solution. Here are some possible thoughts that crossed my mind:
1) do nothing. We got out. Let us stay out.
2) we broke it. So help Iraqi govt all out.
3) air strikes to halt Isis advances on bagdad
4) kick malliki out and set up a whoa/Sunni/Kurd coalition govt.
5) ask Saudis to iraq
6) ask Iran to run iraq

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

what would you advice obama to do about iraq? Empty Re: what would you advice obama to do about iraq?

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:52 am

Here is BJP ishtyle solution, break Iraq into 3 pieces, Kurdistan, Shiastan & Sunnistan.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

what would you advice obama to do about iraq? Empty Re: what would you advice obama to do about iraq?

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 am

[quote="confuzzled dude"]Here is BJP ishtyle solution, break Iraq into 3 pieces, Kurdistan, Shiastan & Sunnistan.[/quote
Do you need bjp cover to say what your advice is?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 am

I would advise obama to do what he does best: go in front of the arab world with his head hung low and admit to supporting israel unfairly all these years and show genuine contrition for being a global power. then he should vow to stay out of their way and give 10 billion each to syria, libya, egypt, pakistan practically every muslim majority country.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Here is BJP ishtyle solution, break Iraq into 3 pieces, Kurdistan, Shiastan & Sunnistan.[/quote

comrade sees BJP in his sleep and every waking hour. it takes time to heal from seismic events that hit so close to home

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:34 am

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-start-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-end-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN>
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Here is BJP ishtyle solution, break Iraq into 3 pieces, Kurdistan, Shiastan &amp; Sunnistan.
That's called thinking out of the box; Fox talking heads are going nuts, suggesting that it is already too late and acting as though isis already hatched plans to attack the US homeland. Obama should provide these patriotic 2nd amendment torchbearer chicken hawks with their favorite assault weapon, body armor and boots and send them to Mosul to take on isis so they can protect the US homeland while keeping 2nd amendment rights intact.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 am

confuzzled dude wrote:<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-start-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-end-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN>
truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Here is BJP ishtyle solution, break Iraq into 3 pieces, Kurdistan, Shiastan & Sunnistan.
That's called thinking out of the box; Fox talking heads are going nuts, suggesting that it is already too late and acting as though isis already hatched plans to attack the US homeland. Obama should provide these patriotic 2nd amendment torchbearer chicken hawks with their favorite assault weapon, body armor and boots and send them to Mosul to take on isis so they can protect the US homeland while keeping 2nd amendment rights intact.

Ha ha! Comrade, you do think out of the box. When it comes to Article 370, the Indian Constitution is sacrosanct. But when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, it is open season on the US Constitution.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:49 am

Cd
it is not out of box. it is out of context. how come all those intellectuals who wants to.advice Eric canter or rand Paul or fox fail to find time for
obama when he needs them. or are they waiting for wh cues to.jump on?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Return the Nobel peace prize. Anyone remember that one? It came out of nowhere a few years ago.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Whatever 'bama wants!
'Bama gets!

He wanted Americans out of Iraq. He got that.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Whatever 'bama wants!
'Bama gets!

He wanted Americans out of Iraq. He got that.

This is a chicken or egg kind of situation with no clear answer. Invading that country was a mistake. Now, staying on or getting out will both look as mistakes.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 pm

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-start-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-end-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN>
truthbetold wrote:Cd it is not out of box. it is out of context. how come all those intellectuals who wants to.advice Eric canter or rand Paul or fox fail to find time for obama when he needs them. or are they waiting for wh cues to.jump on?
It is not Obama's fault that Dubya Invaded Irag; It's not Obama's fault that Dubya installed Maliki; It's not Obama's fault that Mailiki did not agree for retaining a miminal American forces in Iraq. It is not Obama's fault that America is war wary. Why are we blaming him?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-start-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0; DISPLAY: none" id=sceditor-end-marker class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></SPAN>
truthbetold wrote:Cd it is not out of box. it is out of context. how come all those intellectuals who wants to.advice Eric canter or rand Paul or fox fail to find time for obama when he needs them. or are they waiting for wh cues to.jump on?
It is not Obama's fault that Dubya Invaded Irag; It's not Obama's fault that Dubya installed Maliki; It's not Obama's fault that Mailiki did not agree for retaining a miminal American forces in Iraq. It is not Obama's fault that America is war wary. Why are we blaming him?

Good strategy, Comrade! When it comes to Obama, blame the predecessor. When it comes to Modi...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Good strategy, Comrade! When it comes to Obama, blame the predecessor. When it comes to Modi...
Right! We should have stayed there spending tens of billions of dollars per month over past few years

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Cd
the thread is asking for advice. instead of providing advice you found bjp , dubya, malliki , and every other reason to blame. where is the advice? where are the liberals? they only know how to criticize but do not have time to offer any constructive advice?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:22 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd
the thread is asking for advice. instead of providing advice you found bjp   , dubya, malliki , and every other reason to blame. where is the advice? where are the liberals?  they only know how to criticize but do not have time to offer any constructive advice?
What was your advice other than coming up with 155 options. I don't think the US should go with air strikes without getting the clear picture. I wouldn't buy into the hype of war monger repubs; their track record of late sucks; McCain was plain wrong with his retread rhetoric and bile this old man should shut up and retire. It is unfathomable that Isis which consists of a few thousands of troupes did what it did without the support of Sunni section of army and the civilians. The risk of air strike is the loss of civilian lives which appears to be very high at this point in time

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 pm

CD

Who is to be blamed for loss of Iraq can be discussed in your other thread.  I am just trying to understand what would our liberals advice Obama to do? 

Most of them become silent on an issue of this importance but up and down on minor issues.  

Your view is do not get involved (because it may cause sunni civilian loss).

I agree with that sunni population and sunni members of Iraqui army are joining the ISIS.  

I am also suspicious that Malliki may harbour a secret wish that sunni's divide from Iraq. His secret plan may be if he can keep Baghdad and Basra oil fields (where most of the oil is), he will be fine. But his record of incompetence makes me doubt if he has the ability to think and execute such a complex plan. 

US has an interest to keep the oil flow freely. Obama also would like to keep Iraq intact to avoid being blamed for losing or disintegration of Iraq in his time. (dubya is gone 6 years ago). 

Us airstrikes - what impact they could have on an unorganized guerilla type fighting unit? 

All of this is moving so fast, WH is completely taken by surprise.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Iraq is an artificial country created by the British after they split the spoils from the Ottoman empire with the French.

Now like the Balkans, the maps will be redrawn to reflect the realities on the ground.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:04 pm

truthbetold wrote:CD

Who is to be blamed for loss of Iraq can be discussed in your other thread.  I am just trying to understand what would our liberals advice Obama to do? 

Most of them become silent on an issue of this importance but up and down on minor issues.  

I agree with that sunni population and sunni members of Iraqui army are joining the ISIS.  

I am also suspicious that Malliki may harbour a secret wish that sunni's divide from Iraq. His secret plan may be if he can keep Baghdad and Basra oil fields (where most of the oil is), he will be fine. But his record of incompetence makes me doubt if he has the ability to think and execute such a complex plan. 

US has an interest to keep the oil flow freely. Obama also would like to keep Iraq intact to avoid being blamed for losing or disintegration of Iraq in his time. (dubya is gone 6 years ago). 

Us airstrikes - what impact they could have on an unorganized guerilla type fighting unit? 

I'm not sure if WH is caught off guard, they got intelligence reports on ISIS plans as early as spring. At this point this is an internal issue, let them sort it out by themselves. There is no need for the US to dethrone Maliki and install a new leader. I agree with Obama's stance, no need for another cowboy style blunder which might force the US's hand to deploy its forces back in Iraq for another decade. And like someone suggested if we intervene now we might be playing right into the hands of Maliki since Baghdad and surroundinga are shia dominated areas.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

I'm not sure if WH is caught off guard, they got intelligence reports on ISIS plans as early as spring. At this point this is an internal issue, let them sort it out by themselves. There is no need for the US to dethrone Maliki and install a new leader. I agree with Obama's stance, no need for another cowboy style blunder which might force the US's hand to deploy its forces back in Iraq for another decade. And like someone suggested if we intervene now we might be playing right into the hands of Maliki since Baghdad and surroundinga are shia dominated areas.

Are you rooting for the Sunnis, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 pm

there are a few things i find myself agreeing with libertarians. this is one of those issues. let them sort it out. they haven't figured it out in many millenia. what are a few US drone strikes going to accomplish that the pasage of 800 years have failed to do? at most, the govt can work through NGOs in the area.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Are you rooting for the Sunnis, Comrade?
I'm rooting for Iraq's stability; A responsible leader cannot be prejudiced. There is a lesson to be learned from this fiasco, for Modi.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
I'm rooting for Iraq's stability; A responsible leader cannot be prejudiced. There is a lesson to be learned from this fiasco, for Modi.

A little too obsessed with Modi, are you, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

He is still green behind the ears, could use expert advice Razz

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:39 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Like I was saying - Delusions of grandeur. Seek help, Comrade. Maybe there is still hope you will change.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Like I was saying - Delusions of grandeur. Seek help, Comrade. Maybe there is still hope you will change.
Whether or not you agree, there are a lot of similarities between Modi & Maliki, which makes me nervous. One can only hope that the country I was born & raised won't go to the dogs because of a bigot.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:16 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Whether or not you agree, there are a lot of similarities between Modi & Maliki, which makes me nervous. One can only hope that the country I was born & raised won't go to the dogs because of a bigot.

Do you see Modi in your breakfast toast now, Comrade?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I usually have Idli or Dosa for my breakfast. It appears you're not familiar with critical thinking skills.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I usually have Idli or Dosa for my breakfast. It appears you're not familiar with critical thinking skills.

My apologies. Toast is haram for you, I see.  Do you see Modi in your breakfast idli or breakfast dosa, Comrade?

On a side note, HTH with halal toast, Comrade:

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/category_search_result.php?t=B&p=16
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

My apologies. Toast is haram for you, I see.  Do you see Modi in your breakfast idli or breakfast dosa, Comrade?
What is haram? I enjoy my breakfast, hearing voices and seeing things must be traits of gun nuts.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What is haram? I enjoy my breakfast, hearing voices and seeing things must be traits of gun nuts.

No one said your breakfast was haram, Comrade. Of course you enjoy a halal breakfast every day.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Here is my view:

Stay out. That region is one with no brains and replete with "casteism" Unfortunately, the barbaric arab/iSlamic civilization has not learnt anything new since 532 AD.

Let Iran send its Elite Guards to help Iraqi Shia. Let the Sunnis + ISIS attack Iraqi Shia.with Saudi money. Syria will help ISIS under the condition they dont mess with Syria (then Bashar will gas them). In teh mean time the Pesh Merghas - being disciplined and loyal unit will defend their Kurdistan.

So in all Iraq will be split into 3 - its natural divisions, the original idea in 2003.

Once this is crystalized we will discuss Phase II.

Dont be surprised if Obamulu funnels money and material to Iran....(not likely as it will anger Saudis and Israelis).

Very interesting times as the Al-Queda seems to have decided that they MUST have a country of their own in order to spread their terror. Expect Syria to act, Turkey to swing their sword at Iraqi Kurds.

A great (interesting) mess is in the offing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down