Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"?

3 posters

Go down

Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"? Empty Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 pm

.... Region A refers to Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh as well as Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands; Region B refers to Gujarat, Maharashtra and Punjab as well as Chandigarh, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Region C refers to all other states. According to Jayalalithaa, people located in Region C will not have access to public information if it is not in English.

Fellow C-Staters: I think there should be a protest to call the southern states "C" state.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"? Empty Re: Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"?

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
.... Region A refers to Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh as well as Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands; Region B refers to Gujarat, Maharashtra and Punjab as well as Chandigarh, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Region C refers to all other states.  According to Jayalalithaa, people located in Region C will not have access to public information if it is not in English.

Fellow C-Staters: I think there should be a protest to call the southern states "C" state.

I differ with Jaya. If Hindi states can get the information in their mother tongue Hindi, Region C states should also get the information in their respective mother tongues. That is equality of languages. English is not the mother tongue of C states.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"? Empty Re: Did you know that non-Hindian states are REGION "C"?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
.... Region A refers to Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh as well as Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar Islands; Region B refers to Gujarat, Maharashtra and Punjab as well as Chandigarh, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Region C refers to all other states.  According to Jayalalithaa, people located in Region C will not have access to public information if it is not in English.

I differ with Jaya. If Hindi states can get the information in their mother tongue Hindi, Region C states should also get the information in their respective mother tongues. That is equality of languages. English is not the mother tongue of C states.

Are you saying that all TN Govt communications and govt forms/applications should be all printed and answered in Thamizh?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:

Are you saying that all TN Govt communications and govt forms/applications should be all printed and answered in Thamizh?

Yes. I want Tamil to have the SAME status as Hindi. If it is impractical to do so, all communications to all states (including Hindi states) should be in English. It gives a level playing field to all.  It also saves billions of Rupees.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:

Yes. I want Tamil to have the SAME status as Hindi. If it is impractical to do so, all communications to all states (including Hindi states) should be in English. It gives a level playing field to all.  It also saves billions of Rupees.

You the LTTE Thamizh Kirukkan, Ammaachi the English Fuhrer, and Modi ji the hindi fanatic are three sides of the same coin.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:21 am

One thing I liked about Arnab Goswami's debate was his doggedness to get to the facts. When Rijiju started blabbering about Hindi being less used (when it had an equal status with English as the official languge) so the government needed to promote it, Arnab pointed out that Rijiju forgot about one basic fact: Indian states were formed on a linguistic basis so it is a very sensitive issue for non Hindi speakers to see just Hindi being promoted at the expense of their own regional and statewide languages.

Hopefully this initiative by the BJP will quickly disappear and the government will focus on more relevant and pressing issues.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down