Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000

+2
seven
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000 Empty Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 am

NEW DELHI: Microsoft has announced its biggest job cut ever, reducing the size of its overall workforce by up to 18,000 jobs by 2015.

Of the total layoffs, about 12,500 Nokia Devices and Services employees would be given pink slips. These employees would comprise of both professional and factory workers.

In a letter to Microsoft employees, CEO Satya Nadella said the cuts are part of the company's efforts to realign its workforce and move towards being a productivity and platform company.

He said that the company is moving now to start reducing the first 13,000 positions, and that "the vast majority of employees whose jobs will be eliminated, will be notified over the next six months."

Nadella assured that the layoffs will be carried out in a thoughtful and transparent way.

He also informed employees that Microsoft will offer severance to all employees impacted by these changes, as well as job transition assistance in a large number of locations.  ......

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Microsoft-announces-biggest-ever-job-cut-to-lay-off-up-to-18000/articleshow/38553064.cms

>>> How about that -- Indians were so happy when he became the company's CEO?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000 Empty Re: Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000

Post by seven Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am

And I thought you can never lose your job if you're working for Fortune 500 companies. In fact I thought that's the definition of Fortune 500, companies that never fires it's employees.
I wonder where I got that idea from :-?

seven

Back to top Go down

Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000 Empty Re: Microsoft announces biggest-ever job cut, to lay off up to 18,000

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 am

seven wrote:And I thought you can never lose your job if you're working for Fortune 500 companies. In fact I thought that's the definition of Fortune 500, companies that never fires it's employees.

bwahahaha

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:22 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:NEW DELHI: Microsoft has announced its biggest job cut ever, reducing the size of its overall workforce by up to 18,000 jobs by 2015.

Of the total layoffs, about 12,500 Nokia Devices and Services employees would be given pink slips. These employees would comprise of both professional and factory workers.

In a letter to Microsoft employees, CEO Satya Nadella said the cuts are part of the company's efforts to realign its workforce and move towards being a productivity and platform company.

He said that the company is moving now to start reducing the first 13,000 positions, and that "the vast majority of employees whose jobs will be eliminated, will be notified over the next six months."

Nadella assured that the layoffs will be carried out in a thoughtful and transparent way.

He also informed employees that Microsoft will offer severance to all employees impacted by these changes, as well as job transition assistance in a large number of locations.  ......

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Microsoft-announces-biggest-ever-job-cut-to-lay-off-up-to-18000/articleshow/38553064.cms

I guess you were really unhappy abt him taking the reins and now feel vindicated?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:NEW DELHI: Microsoft has announced its biggest job cut ever, reducing the size of its overall workforce by up to 18,000 jobs by 2015.

I guess you were really unhappy abt him taking the reins and now feel vindicated?

Yeah...greatttt... I love it ...love it already... I have a (great suggestion) to Satya Bhai:

Target and layoff anyone with degrees from IIT, IIM, and Ivy Leagues.....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Yeah...greatttt... I love it ...love it already... I have a (great suggestion) to Satya Bhai:

do you think corporations target folks for layoffs based on their education pedigree? the great uppili war on those richer, more successful and better educated than him continues

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:01 am

seven wrote:And I thought you can never lose your job if you're working for Fortune 500 companies. In fact I thought that's the definition of Fortune 500, companies that never fires it's employees.
>>>good question.Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:17 am

Kris wrote:
>>>good question.Smile

So if isn't for the job security, why do people want to work for Fortune 500 companies?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:19 am

seven wrote:
Kris wrote:
>>>good question.Smile

So if isn't for the job security, why do people want to work for Fortune 500 companies?

generally good benefits/perks.
decent negotiation power for salary for future jobs.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Anyway it's like 0.01% of their total work force.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:09 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

do you think corporations target folks for layoffs based on their education pedigree? the great uppili war on those richer, more successful and better educated than him continues

Do you really think that I think they do ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:24 am

Supposedly Southwest never had a layoff. There may be a few others too.
Check this link
http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/2012/nolayoffs/

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down