Happy Deepavali - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Deepavali

+9
indophile
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
garam_kuta
Maria S
MaxEntropy_Man
Seva Lamberdar
nevada
tapori
Impedimenta
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy Deepavali - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Deepavali

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:51 am

Kris wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:
madrasi_idiot wrote:thanks sir kris. happy deepavali to you too!

>>>The veranda pic made me nostalgic for India. Strangely, I sometimes miss the vegetation.

Are you refering to the vegetation on Huzay's face? j/k.

>>Wait. Didn't notice. Huzay doesn't look worse for the wear for all his pain on this forum. His nephew on the right looks rather aged for a teen though:)
LOL! Good one, Kris. Laughing

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Nice halwai scene there. Today we got the yearly package from XH's parents. Unfortunately, this came from mumbai, and not our hometown. When it comes from hometown it's a mix of our city's best, and homemade. But chalega.

After struggling alongwith son to open the super tight packaging, Diwali has finally begun!!!

HAPPY DEEPAWALI.

btw, this time i kept the count. 80% of my northie friends wished me Deepavali. 100%, so far, wished me Diwali. Talk about ulti ganga.

PS: Both kids don't care about the day, but they wanted to take a holiday today coz it's excused. And madam wanted to avoid two quizzes. Am gonna wake her up in a few and tell her to clean the house.

So as it turns out everything but one was home made. No wonder when we were eating all things yesterday, they were all astonishingly good. I thought maybe they got stuff from a new vendor this time. Yep, x-mil made like 10-11 Diwali snack items for her kids and grand kids. And in our case she insisted that they send a kaju katli box too coz 'kiddo loves kaju katli'...x-fil was remarkably sarcastic when he told us that but anyway, *touched*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Nice halwai scene there. Today we got the yearly package from XH's parents. Unfortunately, this came from mumbai, and not our hometown. When it comes from hometown it's a mix of our city's best, and homemade. But chalega.

After struggling alongwith son to open the super tight packaging, Diwali has finally begun!!!

HAPPY DEEPAWALI.

btw, this time i kept the count. 80% of my northie friends wished me Deepavali. 100%, so far, wished me Diwali. Talk about ulti ganga.

PS: Both kids don't care about the day, but they wanted to take a holiday today coz it's excused. And madam wanted to avoid two quizzes. Am gonna wake her up in a few and tell her to clean the house.

So as it turns out everything but one was home made. No wonder when we were eating all things yesterday, they were all astonishingly good. I thought maybe they got stuff from a new vendor this time. Yep, x-mil made like 10-11 Diwali snack items for her kids and grand kids. And in our case she insisted that they send a kaju katli box too coz 'kiddo loves kaju katli'...x-fil was remarkably sarcastic when he told us that but anyway,  *touched*
So, do they mail from India every year? *doubly touched*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:50 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

HAPPY DEEPAWALI.

So as it turns out everything but one was home made. No wonder when we were eating all things yesterday, they were all astonishingly good. I thought maybe they got stuff from a new vendor this time. Yep, x-mil made like 10-11 Diwali snack items for her kids and grand kids. And in our case she insisted that they send a kaju katli box too coz 'kiddo loves kaju katli'...x-fil was remarkably sarcastic when he told us that but anyway,  *touched*
So, do they mail from India every year? *doubly touched*

Yep. Apparently it's not that expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:00 am

garam_kuta wrote:
very true as deepam intrinsically evokes oLi so it will be kind of semi-oruporut panmozhi!
Take good care of yourself akka and enjoy தீபாவளி SKC Smile

Thank you Garam. I know, you mean it too:)

That is quite "deep" thamizh sol-porul insight!

It's funny how we remember (selectively, perhaps!) certain things..about people..what they say to us. I try to remember mostly good things.
Have no idea who you are, all that matters are your kind/caring words for me..and they always stand out..mikka nandri!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2