the millionaire waltz - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the millionaire waltz

+3
MaxEntropy_Man
bw
goodcitizn
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the millionaire waltz - Page 2 Empty Re: the millionaire waltz

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 am

Maria S wrote:Interestingly, I find less and less things in common - even when it comes to interests and taste in this forum. To a point - being the only "different kind/one" is okay exception is okay..beyond that, it's not so much fun (becomes uncomfortable, awkward..something to be avoided).

There are only two reasons (to me) one interacts in public forums..
1) to really relate to what others say-their interests and it's mutual..and have good-cordial conversations. 
2) some genuine personal affection/likeablity, even if one disagrees with all the views of others. 

May be with time..people do amalgamate with others- who have a lot it common (that trumps everything) and others don't matter at all! 

We accept what it is!
The thing is Maria, there are some who want to believe that what they want to like is superior and what they don't want to like is inferior. What they want to like and don't want to like depends on various factors, including the prejudices, fanaticism, contempt, an eagerness to project themselves as classier and the rare kind than the ordinary masses, etc. The unnecessary put downs of the other is an indication of a deeper malaise within themselves. If a normal person doesn't like anything, he would stay off of it. He won't get into the putdowns.

There are millions who like the voices of Lata mangeshkar, S. janaki, chitra, etc and millions who like bollywood. Let them be. They are in no way inferior or superior to these ppl who resort to the put downs.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 am

Maria S wrote:Posted in the wrong thread.

I love sweet, melodious, gentle- high pitched soprano feminine voices..Susheela, Latha, Janaki, Chitra and others..enjoy listening to them.
And can't really stand low-pitched women's voices (muratu- karakara kathal ) alto like Eshwari is tolerable, her style of singing- the pep and enthu make it nice! But, female tenor and bass are coarse and rough, jarring..will quickly switch to more pleasant voices.

Interestingly, I find less and less things in common - even when it comes to interests and taste in this forum. To a point - being the only "different kind/one" is okay exception is okay..beyond that, it's not so much fun (becomes uncomfortable, awkward..something to be avoided).

1) to really relate to what others say-their interests and it's mutual..and have good-cordial conversations. 
2) some genuine personal affection/likeablity, even if one disagrees with all the views of others. 

May be with time..people do amalgamate with others- who have a lot it common (that trumps everything) and others don't matter at all! 

We accept what it is!

Maria, I don't know of any female singer in Tamil cinema with a karakara voice. Kindly give me an example or two. As for voice and vocal range, I think Chitra is overrated. I'd put Sujatha and Anuradha Sriram (perhaps the late Swarnalatha) over Chitra any day, particularly when it comes to hitting high notes.

The second part of your post is about cordial conversations. I like the way Obama put it - "we can disagree without being disagreeable", or something to that effect. Hopefully we can be cordial yet disagree.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:M, nice to hear from you. I like to state what I like, whether it's popular or not. it's more fun that way Smile

I myself normally have a high pitched shrill ugly voice. luckily I can't put a high volume behind it, so it's slightly more tolerable, I hope. I love it whenever I get sick and can bring some husky in my voice. Just a couple of weeks ago I had that voice and older was making fun of it. I said I like my voice like this coz it souds sexier that way. XH was sitting there and laughing too (at the idea of me talking sexily). Older ask me to bring the sexy in. So I began talking in a husky voice, and then added a tone to it. After a certain modulation XH raised an eyebrow and did 'hmm, that's really sexy'. Older laughed out loud, I shuddered from the general ughness of it, and went back to my normal non-sexy voice. But ya, I am not talented like my sibs but I can talk in a mad-mom-man voice if I need to straighten my kids up.

Hello Tracy!

I already like your "normal" voice..you call it shrill and ugly..I call it feminine and depending on the tone..perhaps gentle voice. It's all in the listener's eyes, I mean ears!  I am attracted to soft, sweet, gentle..

May be you have only met people who consider it not so sexy..afterall reinforcements matter when it comes to believe what we think about ourselves...the tenth time, hundredth or thousandth someone says I love your voice, it's nice, say something..we start to accepting it as "nice" (no matter if it's high or low-pitched). 

I look for content too in what one says too- meaningful..something soothing, comforting, encouraging..moving.

Kinnera,

I hear you:)

GC,

I did not mean voices only in Tamil cinema..I meant all genres including carnatic, gaana etc. And I am not going to name names..someone may like those voices in this forum..and I would rather make "general statements", unless I have something positive to say...like in the case of Tracy above..from her description, seems nice to me, and even if I am wrong in this matter, I don't mind being wrong. 

Constant disgreements with the same people- about even general stuff, drain me..and chips off any interest in having "cordial conversations"..
I am better off being silent and away..may be I am getting old..don't have patience or energy to put up with a lot of things, like I used to!

I think Chitra is absolutely great. 

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Maria S wrote:Posted in the wrong thread.

I love sweet, melodious, gentle- high pitched soprano feminine voices..Susheela, Latha, Janaki, Chitra and others..enjoy listening to them.
And can't really stand low-pitched women's voices (muratu- karakara kathal ) alto like Eshwari is tolerable, her style of singing- the pep and enthu make it nice! But, female tenor and bass are coarse and rough, jarring..will quickly switch to more pleasant voices.

Interestingly, I find less and less things in common - even when it comes to interests and taste in this forum. To a point - being the only "different kind/one" is okay exception is okay..beyond that, it's not so much fun (becomes uncomfortable, awkward..something to be avoided).

We accept what it is!

Maria, I don't know of any female singer in Tamil cinema with a karakara voice. Kindly give me an example or two. As for voice and vocal range, I think Chitra is overrated. I'd put Sujatha and Anuradha Sriram (perhaps the late Swarnalatha) over Chitra any day, particularly when it comes to hitting high notes.

The second part of your post is about cordial conversations. I like the way Obama put it - "we can disagree without being disagreeable", or something to that effect. Hopefully we can be cordial yet disagree.

Chithra screeches like bad brakes in upper notes. She is totally overrated.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:13 am

goodcitizn wrote:The keech-keech mami of the south has to be the singer Chitra whose shrillness can break even the sturdiest china. To me, the best female singer ever to grace Indian cinema was P. Susheela.
I've to agree with this. Suseela is a very clean singer. One of my favorites of hers.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:00 pm

I like this one by Chitra a lot too..never get tired of listening to it!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Maria S wrote:I like this one by Chitra a lot too..never get tired of listening to it!

I liked chitra's voice in late 80s, early 90s when she sang for maniratnam movies. has a nice nasally quality

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:17 pm

I have not heard any new songs by Chitra. Am sure the loss of her child and grief affected her, as it naturally would have.

Generationally speaking, some newer, contemporary singers with high-pitched voices (like the icons)..are quite nice too- Shreya Ghoshal, Saindhavi among them.

Nice to see you around DUT. 

Take care.

Last edited by Maria S on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Maria S wrote:I have not heard any new songs by Chitra. Am sure the loss of her child and grief affected her, as it naturally would have.

Nice to see you around DUT. 

Take care.

likewise, maria

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Maria S wrote:I like this one by Chitra a lot too..never get tired of listening to it!

That's my favorite song! (It's there in telugu too). I first saw Chitra on tv, who was a cute teenager in K. J. Jesudas' group. She wasn't a playback singer yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Thank you kindly DUT:)

Kinnera..appreciate you mentioning it.

So many songs (and movies) have tamil and telugu versions..and am sure have other language versions too.

This is one of my fav. Shreya Ghoshal's songs..interesting how someone took the time and made a cute mix of the tamil and telugu versions!

Munbe Vaa/Preminche  

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 pm

lol@the tamil-telugu mix. I don't know about tamil, but Shreya Goshal's diction in telugu songs seems so perfect. she doesn't come across as a non-telugu speaker at all. It's said that she takes a lot of care about her diction and makes sure that she pronounces everything perfectly, as it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Exactly the same in Tamil. 

*I  like to see people speak Tamil well with proper diction..and she is as close to perfect- as it can be.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:53 pm

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2