Lucy  (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucy (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.

5 posters

Go down

Lucy  (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.  Empty Lucy (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.

Post by FluteHolder Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:15 pm

[url= http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/ [/url]

Really good movie...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Lucy  (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.  Empty Re: Lucy (2014) - Sci-Fiction movie.

Post by bw Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:30 pm

watched 'interstellar' y'day - an entertaining ride on IMAX  with vibrating seats etc. the story was rather weak and all too cheesy but the visual experience was awesome. kip thorne was involved in it and so the science couldn't have been too off.

wish they had someone other than that matthew whatever with his southern drawl as the main lead.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:51 pm

I saw Lucy yday. The premise is fantastic and full of premise, but unravels as it progresses. The script writers couldnt quite figure out where to go with the plot. Narration is cheesy - shots of cheetahs hunting deer to symbolize the villains closing in on the heroine... Etc. -
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

bw wrote:watched 'interstellar' y'day - an entertaining ride on IMAX  with vibrating seats etc. the story was rather weak and all too cheesy but the visual experience was awesome. kip thorne was involved in it and so the science couldn't have been too off.

wish they had someone other than that matthew whatever with his southern drawl as the main lead.

I don't think the IMAX was worth it. Just for shots of Alberta and Iceland and the black hole? 'They are us' was fairly obvious when you saw the equations about the time and the 'ghost' giving out coordinates to NASA. An infinite time loop, if you will, I guess I this was closer to Inception in its concept. Matthew McConaughey was actually perfect for the role, talking of whom, you should check out the Lincoln commercials and the SNL spoof with Jim Carrey.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 am

Hellsangel wrote:
bw wrote:watched 'interstellar' y'day - an entertaining ride on IMAX  with vibrating seats etc. the story was rather weak and all too cheesy but the visual experience was awesome. kip thorne was involved in it and so the science couldn't have been too off.

I don't think the IMAX was worth it. Just for shots of Alberta and Iceland and the black hole? 'They are us' was fairly obvious when you saw the equations about the time and the 'ghost' giving out coordinates to NASA. An infinite time loop, if you will, I guess I this was closer to Inception in its concept. Matthew McConaughey was actually perfect for the role,  talking of whom, you should check out the Lincoln commercials and the SNL spoof with Jim Carrey.

the tsunami was good on IMAX. i think IMAX made the movie more tolerable since it had nothing much to offer in terms of story or interesting characters. i don't think i really understood inception - this was more comprehensible. oh, you are giving out spoilers Razz

matthew whatever was just about okay as the farmer but didn't fit the bill as a NASA pilot. anyway, he has an annoying face and an even more annoying voice and i probably wouldn't like him in any role. shall check out the SNL spoofs.

the next movie i am committed to watch is "hunger games mockingjay". *groan*. i will sleep through that one.

i am looking forward to the remastered version of "2001, the space odyssey".

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 pm

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

I don't think the IMAX was worth it. Just for shots of Alberta and Iceland and the black hole? 'They are us' was fairly obvious when you saw the equations about the time and the 'ghost' giving out coordinates to NASA. An infinite time loop, if you will, I guess I this was closer to Inception in its concept. Matthew McConaughey was actually perfect for the role,  talking of whom, you should check out the Lincoln commercials and the SNL spoof with Jim Carrey.

the tsunami was good on IMAX. i think IMAX made the movie more tolerable since it had nothing much to offer in terms of story or interesting characters. i don't think i really understood inception - this was more comprehensible. oh, you are giving out spoilers Razz

matthew whatever was just about okay as the farmer but didn't fit the bill as a NASA pilot. anyway, he has an annoying face and an even more annoying voice and i probably wouldn't like him in any role. shall check out the SNL spoofs.

the next movie i am committed to watch is "hunger games mockingjay". *groan*. i will sleep through that one.

i am looking forward to the remastered version of "2001, the space odyssey".
Quite a few articles out there poking holes at the science of Interstellar.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

oh, my older kid told me after the movie that it was all "fiction" and not "science".

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:25 am

bw wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

oh, my older kid told me after the movie that it was all "fiction" and not "science".

>>>That's what I hear, but even one of my super science obsessed friends says it was still entertaining. I am hoping to see it soon.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Looks like many people had the same question.

What happened to all the animals other than humans?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down