When a person you know very well just yesterday  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a person you know very well just yesterday

+4
confuzzled dude
smArtha
seven
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

When a person you know very well just yesterday  Empty When a person you know very well just yesterday

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:49 pm

...and today is gone completely...

it does feel weird and the exemplifies the temporary nature of our stay on earth.

Oh.. it is even worse feeling that no one will give a shyt for our name a few days down the road and even our own relatives will not even remember our name after a decade.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

When a person you know very well just yesterday  Empty Re: When a person you know very well just yesterday

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:08 pm

sad indeed...

but the forgetting part is not true.

i lost my uncle about 23 years ago who had no kids... and i think of him even now every once in a while. he comes in my dreams when i am stressed. once in my dream i had to tell him, 'bhai, you can go back now, everything is fine', and he got up and went. and once a major milestone in my life happened which was coincidentally his birthday, and i secretly thought as if he had arranged that sweetness and blessing for me.

just this diwali, daughter took a candid pic of me, and i was like, 'omg, i looked exactly like my dad's youngest sister'. same twist of the upper lip and same frown when talking. Just my mom's nose in my face broke the near-complete resemblance to my aunt.

i look at pics of some of my nieces and nephews and keep remembering their grandparents who were my uncles and aunts.

we siblings often remember and retell some of the extreme practical jokes that some of them had done.

not e'thing is completely gone.

Back to top Go down

When a person you know very well just yesterday  Empty Re: When a person you know very well just yesterday

Post by seven Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

It's a weird feeling indeed. Reminds us how everything we live for is pointless. We are going to die one day leave everything behind. 
Our number will be given to someone else n our friends will see their pictures on the profile instead of ours. They'll then delete our number from their phones. 
Our family n close friends will miss us n feel weird thinking about their deaths. 
I want to die not abruptly but after I grow old n bored of routine like waking up everyday n cooking n bathing n eating n doing same things over n over again. It will be almost like I'm done with my life n ready for after life. And I want it to happen in my sleep. Heart attack. Severe pain for 1 second. That's all I can take. Then I die in peace. That's what I want for me n my DH.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

it does feel weird and the exemplifies the temporary nature of our stay on earth.

Oh.. it is even worse feeling that no one will give a shyt for our name a few days down the road and even our own relatives will not even remember our name after a decade.

Let's say even if everyone of our friends, relatives and enemies remembered us once a day for the rest of their lives .. will that change the ephemeral nature of life? We are but a speck in the vastness of the cosmos - both spatially and temporally - even if we are the 'Great' Alexander or the 'Notorious' Hitler.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Why is it a worse feeling? it is the best thing one could ask for, IMO; unless you're into that nonsense "Aham Brahmsami" or something to that effect.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:48 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Why is it a worse feeling? it is the best thing one could ask for, IMO; unless you're into that nonsense "Aham Brahmsami" or something to that effect.
Aham brahmasmi is nonsense?
Clearly you don't understand its meaning. 

I don't do breaking my head against a wall. Im not rashmun. But it's good if you talk not about things you don't understand.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:59 pm

seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I don't do breaking my head against a wall. Im not rashmun. But it's good if you talk not about things you don't understand.
Why don't you enlighten an idiot err.. a SUDRA like me? That very noble deed might open the doors of heavens for you or ensure that you reincarnate as *ahem* "Aham Brahma"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:10 pm

I wish people understand temporary nature of our stay. Smile

After I realized my half time is over I have become care free. What the heck. Even my 98% could be gone. The most important person in my life left some years ago... So nothing worries me anymore. Smile Life is fun and less stressful now.

I wrote an article somewhere on your feelings and sentiments. Good if you discover it, or else I'll share it someday. Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:13 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Why don't you enlighten an idiot err.. a SUDRA like me? That very noble deed might open the doors of heavens for you or ensure that you reincarnate as *ahem* "Aham Brahma"

and that, laidies, is a fine example of COTS

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Commercial Off The Shelf?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:28 pm

chip on the shoulder, aka feelings of inferiority and ready to engage in fights as a result of

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:chip on the shoulder, aka feelings of inferiority and ready to engage in fights as a result of
Oh! yes, we were waiting for the pearls of wisdom from the psychoanalyst of SuCH. I no longer feel inferior nor looking to pick fights. Thanks to resident psychoanalyst.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Because I'm not rashmun. I wrote that already.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 pm

51 years ago on January 25, 1965, Indian government murdered an Annamalai University student Rajendran for demonstrating against Hindi imposition. How many of you remember him?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:51 years ago on January 25, 1965, Indian government murdered an Annamalai University student Rajendran for demonstrating against Hindi imposition. How many of you remember him?
two words.

big picture. anti-national propaganda. 

ok four.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down