Bong kid in Germany solves  Newton's 300 year old puzzle - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bong kid in Germany solves Newton's 300 year old puzzle

+2
MulaiAzhagi
doofus_maximus
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bong kid in Germany solves  Newton's 300 year old puzzle - Page 2 Empty Re: Bong kid in Germany solves Newton's 300 year old puzzle

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: noteable among them being one revolving restaurant in mg road called topkapi owned by amjad khan. i once puked in its toilets after getting excessively drunk on gin and tonic -- my first instance of throwing up on alcohol. my father had some unconventional methods of raising kids.

oh, i once posted this exact same to same thing in old ch once. scratch i'm getting old and repetitive. i found my old post while searching for topkapi in google. apparently it still exists. will check it out in my next trip.

Back to top Go down

Bong kid in Germany solves  Newton's 300 year old puzzle - Page 2 Empty Re: Bong kid in Germany solves Newton's 300 year old puzzle

Post by doofus_maximus Tue May 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:my (deceased) father owned a plot in halol (now we own it). even he did not know its whereabouts for my uncle was carrying its deed in the ill fated A320 flight of bangalore, 1990. maybe in my future trips to bangalore i might be able to trace it. i need to learn dakhini to be able to converse with the land records office goons.
if i find and sell it, it will probably foot the higher education bill of both my kids. this is going to be an adventure.

LOLu.. good luck with learning Dakhni.

the land is probably long gone. some politician or industrialist must have grabbed it for development purposes.

PS: 50 plus replies on the post that I started. Most of them unrelated to the main topic. So you guys consider me irrelevant eh.. so be it.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
LOLu.. good luck with learning Dakhni.

the land is probably long gone. some politician or industrialist must have grabbed it for development purposes.

PS: 50 plus replies on the post that I started. Most of them unrelated to the main topic. So you guys consider me irrelevant eh.. so be it.

That is called free speech.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:noteable among them being one revolving restaurant in mg road called topkapi owned by amjad khan.
That restaurant was still there last I checked. I ate there in 2002 or 2003. The Nizami food there was top-class.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 am

doofus_maximus wrote:the land is probably long gone. some politician or industrialist must have grabbed it for development purposes.

you are right. laws of adverse posession also apply if somone else has been in possession of it (esp. if it is for agricultural use -- halol is partly agricultural i hear). but i have a feeling it is intact. my father had bought it along with a tamilian friend and his plot and ours were adjacent. i did not even know about it till a year or so before my father's demise when the tamilian friend came into contact with my father and enquired if he wished to sell it to him & that he would take care of the paperwork. strangely my father seemed disinterested and brushed him off. shortly after my father's demise, the gent contacted me but i too brushed him off as my mind was preoccupied. everyone has either died or moved in the intervening period. but i have a way to contact that gent who i think is still alive and he must have guarded this property. i will contact his nephew, once my close friend and who is now in the us, via email today and restart the chapter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 30, 2012 3:09 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:the land is probably long gone. some politician or industrialist must have grabbed it for development purposes.

you are right. laws of adverse posession also apply if somone else has been in possession of it (esp. if it is for agricultural use -- halol is partly agricultural i hear). but i have a feeling it is intact. my father had bought it along with a tamilian friend and his plot and ours were adjacent. i did not even know about it till a year or so before my father's demise when the tamilian friend came into contact with my father and enquired if he wished to sell it to him & that he would take care of the paperwork. strangely my father seemed disinterested and brushed him off. shortly after my father's demise, the gent contacted me but i too brushed him off as my mind was preoccupied. everyone has either died or moved in the intervening period. but i have a way to contact that gent who i think is still alive and he must have guarded this property. i will contact his nephew, once my close friend and who is now in the us, via email today and restart the chapter.

>>>Good luck with that. Hope you recover the asset. Reminds me that I need to check with my dad about some land he said he bought in an area where a lot of IT stuff is happening now, in chennai. We were driving by once and took a brief detour at his suggestion to show me where it was, but couldn't pinpoint the plot. Hope he has the paperwork somewhere.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 3:36 am

Kris wrote: Reminds me that I need to check with my dad about some land he said he bought in an area where a lot of IT stuff is happening now, in chennai. We were driving by once and took a brief detour at his suggestion to show me where it was, but couldn't pinpoint the plot. Hope he has the paperwork somewhere.

goldmine! good luck to you too!

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

Good luck with that. If you manage to sell it and make a lump sum of money, we will have a SUCH party at Kolkatta. What say you?
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 am

ha ha, sure! i did send an email to my friend yesterday and promptly he called me back. there seems to be hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ha ha, sure!

my attendance at said party is strictly dependent upon whether the godawful shondesh will be served or not. uttering the word shondesh is probably the best known emetic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 2:36 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ha ha, sure! i did send an email to my friend yesterday and promptly he called me back. there seems to be hope.

also, i learnt that the plot is in hebbal not halol, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2