Great way to start a day Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great way to start a day

5 posters

Go down

Great way to start a day Empty Great way to start a day

Post by Obnoxious Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Last night I dropped deodorant stick in the toilet and it got flushed. So now the toilet is clogged. Want to go to a coffee shop and spend the day there, while I am waiting for this to get fixed. Got a flat tire.

To top it off, the folks I am working with ran out of money. So yeah, having a great day overall.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Great way to start a day Empty Re: Great way to start a day

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

this is a very funny onion article. thanks for sharing

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:Last night I dropped deodorant stick in the toilet and it got flushed. So now the toilet is clogged. Want to go to a coffee shop and spend the day there, while I am waiting for this to get fixed. Got a flat tire.

To top it off, the folks I am working with ran out of money. So yeah, having a great day overall.

ouch that's a tough one. Not dropped anything anywhere so far to clog it *touch wood*. But the rest of it seems familiar. Money's been waking me up in sweats early mornings at 7:00 am lately (normally I would sleep till 10, so some respect here).

Been ignoring the low air warning for 2 days now, the car felt scarily wobbly on GSP today!

Also, drove about 2 miles with 0 miles range warning before I could get to the costco gas station. I can get super panicky in these scenarios, coz once my car did stop on the road coz of low gas! To make it worse at that time, I was in a nightie (luckily a matronly thick one), coming back from dropping hubster from the train station (yeah smart ole days of keeping just one car). Infant was in the car seat in the back. Husband had driven the car all weekend long, didn't warn me of low gas, and I didn't check too (classic argument of whose-fault-is-it). Anyhoos, luckily it began to cough up just outside an inn's entrance so I quickly drove in, paraded to the lobby as if I walk in nighties holding car seats everyday, and called AAA (yeah, just one cell phone too, which husband kept). I somehow managed to pay the AAA guy for 5 dollars gas, but the overall nightmare comes recurring e'time I see low gas flashing signs in my car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:yeah smart ole days of keeping just one car... Anyhoos, luckily it began to cough up just outside an inn's entrance
it's interesting to hear/read english as it might be spoken in some northindian place like indore. this is a lot like tooth seeker's english.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:01 pm

might be a direct translation of ek hi car rakhna. i think a lot of the keep/keeping usage arises out of rakhna. also the reason why they say, keeping a fast, a direct translation of vrat rakhna, instead of simply saying, fasting. sometimes the consequences of direct translations from indian languages are hilarious.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 pm

from what i was once told, human brain gets wired to just one language. for every other language, it's either a direct translation that happens pretty fast in the brain, something which is v. common when u r trying to talk fast; or u go back to remembering specific usages that you were trained for.

so ya, no issues w/getting pointed out so. anyone who communicates is vulnerable to making such mistakes. There is no shame is saying that Hinglish is the language wired in my brain, so whenever I do try to talk in pure English, I will be translating it e'time from Hinglish to English (or from Hinglish to Hindi when talking pure Hindi), and will be definitely make such mistakes, if you wanna call them that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 am

Sad that some ppl forgot how to laugh at light humor and are forever stuck in their usual....

A Sad for them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:yeah smart ole days of keeping just one car... Anyhoos, luckily it began to cough up just outside an inn's entrance
it's interesting to hear/read english as it might be spoken in some northindian place like indore. this is a lot like tooth seeker's english.
there is nothing wrong in the sentence nats wrote. are you a veegetable? (max is delusional btw.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Silk Smitha wrote:Last night I dropped deodorant stick in the toilet and it got flushed. So now the toilet is clogged. Want to go to a coffee shop and spend the day there, while I am waiting for this to get fixed. Got a flat tire.

LOL

blv me or not but i'm hoping you're having a better day today and lol ur toilet is fixed hahaha how did u drop that thing there lol pi and why do u use deo sticks? sticky deo stick. you should switch to sprays Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:04 am

first world problem meme should be here somewhere..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down