WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable

5 posters

Go down

WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable Empty WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable

Post by Kumarg Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:59 pm

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/12/12/study-less-than-10-indian-mbas-employable/?WSJASIA_article_outbrain&obref=obnetwork

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable Empty Re: WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Except the IIM and XLRI rest of the schools are pure junk. I used to work with a guy who did this MMS (MBA equivalent in Mumbai schools) who got his grades at the lowest level in his own class. How I knew? His senior was my close friend who regularly told me this colleague's progress. He never found a job in industry but later moved out of Mumbai for good. You would wonder "what, this guy is a manager here?" if you ever met a MMS graduate there in India.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable Empty Re: WSJ: Less than 10% Indian MBAs are employable

Post by Kumarg Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

your saying they do find jobs despite being crappy graduates form crapy institutes

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 am

No, I was saying that even dumbest guys can get into MMS with a written test and average marks. Then after graduating with lower grades in class, they do find jobs in Mumbai. Well anyone can find job in Mumbai and they will. Why not, if I did find, anyone should. What these managers do is another matter.

I beleieve WSJ was talking about finding MBA jobs for MBA grads not just any jobs.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:Except the IIM and XLRI rest of the schools are pure junk. I used to work with a guy who did this MMS (MBA equivalent in Mumbai schools) who got his grades at the lowest level in his own class. How I knew? His senior was my close friend who regularly told me this colleague's progress. He never found a job in industry but later moved out of Mumbai for good. You would wonder "what, this guy is a manager here?" if you ever met a MMS graduate there in India.
100 times:

how did i know?

how did i know?

how did i know?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
The Absolute Zero wrote:Except the IIM and XLRI rest of the schools are pure junk. I used to work with a guy who did this MMS (MBA equivalent in Mumbai schools) who got his grades at the lowest level in his own class. How I knew? His senior was my close friend who regularly told me this colleague's progress. He never found a job in industry but later moved out of Mumbai for good. You would wonder "what, this guy is a manager here?" if you ever met a MMS graduate there in India.
100 times:

how did i know?

how did i know?

how did i know?

correction a day keeps senility away. except when it doesn't.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
100 times:

how did i know?

how did i know?

how did i know?

correction a day keeps senility away. except when it doesn't.
100 times:

a correction a day... as in an apple a day...

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm

George W. Bush, a former president of the united states has an M.B.A from Harvard. He got was gentleman Cs in his classwork at Yale university when he did his B.A there. At Harvard, he was a mediocre student who ranked near bottom of his class.

Compared to him, the kids who do pursue M.B.A at universities in India are more intelligent and hard working.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down