Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink

3 posters

Go down

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink Empty Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Here's hoping Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka will resolve their water problems to everyone's satisfaction.

Back to top Go down

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink Empty Re: Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Rashmun wrote:Here's hoping Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka will resolve their water problems to everyone's satisfaction.

You should drink scotch neat. That ought to teach them. Don't dilute it with water.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink Empty Re: Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Here's hoping that the Hindians of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh will resolve their water problems to everyone's satisfaction.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 pm

panini press wrote:Here's hoping that the Hindians of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh will resolve their water problems to everyone's satisfaction.

i am not aware of any water problems that any north indian state has with some other indian state.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:Here's hoping that the Hindians of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh will resolve their water problems to everyone's satisfaction.

i am not aware of any water problems that any north indian state has with some other indian state.
Ignorance is bliss. https://such.forumotion.com/t10019-uttar-pradesh-yamuna-water-dispute
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Another water dispute between two northern states (one of them is a Hindian state):
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-04/chandigarh/29850405_1_hansi-butana-canal-beas-rivers-satluj-yamuna

Punjab, Haryana still fight it out for water
Rohit Mullick, TNN Aug 4, 2011, 06.44pm IST

PATIALA: On the surface it may seem that Punjab and Haryana are fighting over a toe-wall being constructed at the breach, but experts say the real reason of contention is the on-going water dispute.

Both states have been arguing for several years about their rights and shares of the surplus waters of Ravi and Beas rivers, they have taken each other to court and broken various pacts and agreements.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm

panini press wrote:Another water dispute between two northern states (one of them is a Hindian state):
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-04/chandigarh/29850405_1_hansi-butana-canal-beas-rivers-satluj-yamuna

PATIALA: On the surface it may seem that Punjab and Haryana are fighting over a toe-wall being constructed at the breach, but experts say the real reason of contention is the on-going water dispute.

Both states have been arguing for several years about their rights and shares of the surplus waters of Ravi and Beas rivers, they have taken each other to court and broken various pacts and agreements.

Please understand that if Rashmun is not "aware" of something, it doesn't "exist".

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:14 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Ignorance is bliss. https://such.forumotion.com/t10019-uttar-pradesh-yamuna-water-dispute

My response:

https://such.forumotion.com/t10019-uttar-pradesh-yamuna-water-dispute#76476

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Rashmun: i am not aware of any water problems that any north indian state has with some other indian state.

[Fast forward about 75 minutes, after the Yamuna and Ravi-Beas water disputes were pointed out to him...]

Rashmun: This seems to be a relatively minor dispute.

Very Happy

PS: That is perhaps the reason he did not post his response here directly. He thought it would be easier to sing a new tune on a different thread.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Master Rashmun says upthread: i am not aware of any water problems that any north indian state has with some other indian state.

When confronted with evidence of just such disputes, Master Rashmun says: Notice that no court case has been filed.

Master Rashmun, notice this:

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I was referring to UP when I said no court cases have been filed. Also Punjab and Haryana may have taken each other to court but AP is fighting cases with three different states in court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Rashmun wrote:I was referring to UP when I said no court cases have been filed. Also Punjab and Haryana may have taken each other to court but AP is fighting cases with three different states in court.
What were you referring to when you said this?

Rashmun: i am not aware of any water problems that any north indian state has with some other indian state.

Very Happy
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:I was referring to UP when I said no court cases have been filed. Also Punjab and Haryana may have taken each other to court but AP is fighting cases with three different states in court.
What were you referring to when you said this?

Very Happy

I stand corrected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down