Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Rashmun a Hindian?

4 posters

Go down

Is Rashmun a Hindian?

Is Rashmun a Hindian? Vote_lcap88%Is Rashmun a Hindian? Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 15 ]
Is Rashmun a Hindian? Vote_lcap12%Is Rashmun a Hindian? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Is Rashmun a Hindian? Empty Is Rashmun a Hindian?

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:21 am

Is Rashmun a Hindian?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Is Rashmun a Hindian? Empty Re: Is Rashmun a Hindian?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

for the record, the 'No' vote was not cast by me but by someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am

Didnt follow all the threads. Who is a Hindian? Someone who speaks Hindi or someone who wants Hindi to be spoken all over the country?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Didnt follow all the threads. Who is a Hindian? Someone who speaks Hindi or someone who wants Hindi to be spoken all over the country?

It is a term coined by Tamil Tribune for people whose first language is Hindi. Hindians are the source of all evil in India, according to Thanjai Nalankilli of Tamil Tribune fame. PP, who secretly dislikes north indians, has embraced the term eagerly. I opposed the term saying it is never used in reality and it is a completely artificial term. My claim was that Hindustani would be a better word for people whose first language is Hindi since spoken Hindi is also known as Hindustani. Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya in his novel Srikanta refers to people in UP as Hindustanis and differentiates them from people of Bengal(Bengalis). Of course, Hindustani is also the term used for all Indians. So the term Hindustani in fact has two meanings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

Rashmun wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Didnt follow all the threads. Who is a Hindian? Someone who speaks Hindi or someone who wants Hindi to be spoken all over the country?

It is a term coined by Tamil Tribune for people whose first language is Hindi. Hindians are the source of all evil in India, according to Thanjai Nalankilli of Tamil Tribune fame. PP, who secretly dislikes north indians, has embraced the term eagerly. I opposed the term saying it is never used in reality and it is a completely artificial term. My claim was that Hindustani would be a better word for people whose first language is Hindi since spoken Hindi is also known as Hindustani. Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyaya in his novel Srikanta refers to people in UP as Hindustanis and differentiates them from people of Bengal(Bengalis). Of course, Hindustani is also the term used for all Indians. So the term Hindustani in fact has two meanings.

Actually Hindustani has a third meaning. The third meaning is that it refers to the Hindustani language.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Rashmun wrote:

It is a term coined by Tamil Tribune for people whose first language is Hindi.

Don't care for the negative connotations. Based on this I'm a Hindian too. *shrug*. My former husband and in-laws would also call me 'Hindi'. And so did one of my marathi college friends. Found it odd at first. But their response was, 'when you call us Marathi, why can't we call you Hindi.' ok. Point taken. Guess they are just trying to identify us as a group. If we are called north Indians, we are clubbed with everyone from Gujarat to Punjab to Bengal to Sikkim. So this is more specific. Why fight anyway. Just coz a Tamil tribune called us evil doesn't mean we are.

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm

He always posts in English as far as I remember. To qualify as a Hindian one must throw in a few Hindi words/sentences once in a while.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Rashmun wrote:for the record, the 'No' vote was not cast by me but by someone else.

We believe you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Another clear majority.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Rashmun wrote:It is a term coined by Tamil Tribune for people whose first language is Hindi. Hindians are the source of all evil in India, according to Thanjai Nalankilli.

Rashmun,

Show me where Dr. Thanjai Nalankilli said "Hindians are the source of all evil in India". Read in context. He might have said Hindian government is evil or Hindian politicians who controil the Indian gov is evel. Never said Hindi people are evil.

Retract your statement. Do not create hatred between tamilans and Hindians.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down