Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun

2 posters

Go down

Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun Empty Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Pavan Pamidimarri posted Re: Adi Sankar and Sudras on 5 yrs ago:
I have a question. In Adi Shankara's view, was the caste
system (and therefore the shudra identity) simply based on birth, or
did he leave room for a shudra to become a brahmin and vice-versa? The
latter seems to be the standard defense of the caste system, so it would
be good to know how this defense squares with the writings of Adi
Shankara. I would love to see the defenders of ancient India's caste
system explain how they reconcile their opinions with Adi Shankara's
view of shudras quoted above. After all they talk often about an "ideal"
system which was devised for "societal harmony" distorted and abused
later; I wonder if they admit the possibility that Shankara himself was
guilty of such abuse and distortion.PS: I find it telling that the
primary response to all your recent posts about Shankara has been
name-calling.

<Rashmun's response snipped out>

Pavan Pamidimarri posted Re: Adi Sankar and Sudras (Pavan) on 5 yrs ago

Wow. That's a really insightful and scathing indictment
of the caste system. I didn't know Saha wrote historical / social
commentary. Thanks for the quotes from Ray and Saha. Very interesting
perspectives from two of our most brilliant modern scientists.

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/philosophy/adi-sankar-and-sudras.htm

Back to top Go down

Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun Empty Re: Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Any comments, Charvaka? Do you regret asking a 'shameless liar' for a clarification and then thanking the said 'shameless liar' after he had taken the trouble to clarify your doubt?

Back to top Go down

Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun Empty Re: Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Rashmun wrote:Do you regret asking a 'shameless liar' for a clarification and then thanking the said 'shameless liar' after he had taken the trouble to clarify your doubt?
I don't regret it. I didn't know then how much of a shameless liar you are. My bad.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:41 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Do you regret asking a 'shameless liar' for a clarification and then thanking the said 'shameless liar' after he had taken the trouble to clarify your doubt?
I don't regret it. I didn't know then how much of a shameless liar you are. My bad.

--> Yup. Since we differ on the question of regionalism i become a shameless liar. Since we were in agreement on Indian philosophy (Charvaka philosophy, svabhava vada, nyaya-vaisesika etc.) i was someone to be praised and appreciated.

--> The fact of the matter is that i blame not you but your upbringing.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:The fact of the matter is that i blame not you but your upbringing.
Good, finally! Let's get it over with. Mother, father, etc. All of CH is waiting for you to do the usual.

Rashmun wrote:Since we differ on the question of regionalism i become a shameless liar.
Not true, shameless liar! You become a shameless liar because you repeatedly write lies, and when evidence is presented proving that you are lying, you ignore it and repeat your lies. That is what makes you a shameless liar, okay?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:49 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:The fact of the matter is that i blame not you but your upbringing.
Good, finally! Let's get it over with. Mother, father, etc. All of CH is waiting for you to do the usual.

--> no, i will not blame your father and mother since i do not know anything about them. but its your dishonest, fraudulent uncle i refer to about who you had spoken about on CH a few times. This fraud--your uncle--is a practicing priest even though he does not know Sanskrit properly and consequently does not do the chanting of mantras properly. But he is able to make good money by befooling the people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> no, i will not blame your father and mother since i do not know anything about them. but its your dishonest, fraudulent uncle i refer to about who you had spoken about on CH a few times. This fraud--your uncle--is a practicing priest even though he does not know Sanskrit properly and consequently does not do the chanting of mantras properly. But he is able to make good money by befooling the people.

--> would you agree that your uncle more of a shameless liar than me? after all he is making good money by befooling gullible people.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Rashmun wrote:i will not blame your father and mother since i do not know anything about them.
Not knowing anything about my views didn't stop you from making bombastic declarations yesterday. What changed? Go right ahead, make shit up. Use Rashmun Method, I say.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:i will not blame your father and mother since i do not know anything about them.
Not knowing anything about my views didn't stop you from making bombastic declarations yesterday. What changed? Go right ahead, make shit up. Use Rashmun Method, I say.

--> i have no need to practice the Charvaka Uncle Method.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Rashmun wrote:would you agree that your uncle more of a shameless liar than me? after all he is making good money by befooling gullible people.
What I think of my uncle is between me and him, but here's what I think of you and your hero Diggy: it is possible that he is less shameless than you are. lol!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:would you agree that your uncle more of a shameless liar than me? after all he is making good money by befooling gullible people.
What I think of my uncle is between me and him, but here's what I think of you and your hero Diggy: it is possible that he is less shameless than you are. lol!

--> Who is more shameless according to you--your uncle or Diggy? Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun 3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Rashmun wrote:Who is more shameless according to you--your uncle or Diggy? Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun 3077217049
It is possible that you beat both of them hands down.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Who is more shameless according to you--your uncle or Diggy? Blast from the Past Part 4: Charvaka asks Rashmun for clarification and then thanks Rashmun 3077217049

--> you seem biased in favor of your uncle. After all, i am not making any money by fraudulent means, unlike your uncle.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

--> you seem biased in favor of your uncle. After all, i am not making any money by fraudulent means, unlike your uncle.
You seem biased in favor of you.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

You seem biased in favor of you.

--> but I don't make money through fraud, unlike your uncle.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:43 am

rashmun , i am as yet new to this forum , but i think you are the star of this forum Cool

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 am

ashdoc wrote:rashmun , i am as yet new to this forum , but i think you are the star of this forum Cool

--> :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down