Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan

3 posters

Go down

South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan Empty South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan

Post by nevada Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

"Expressing dissatisfaction over the number of people from South India figuring in the Padma awards list for 2013, southern playback singer Sreeramamurthy Janaki Friday refused to accept Padma Bhushan award announced for her on the eve of 64th Republic Day,

"I'm saddened by the fact that north India has been given more prominence than south India. I'm extremely disappointed and I refuse to accept the award," Janaki told IANS.

The 74-year old veteran made her singing debut in 1957 Tamil film "Vidhiyin Vilayattu". She has crooned over 15,000 songs in a career spanning five decades across all southern languages and in Hindi.

She has a long association with singer S.P. Balasubramanyam. The two have sung more than 1,000 songs together.

She has won four National Awards and the prestigious "Kalamamani" state award of Tamil Nadu."

http://newindianexpress.com/nation/article1436371.ece

nevada

Back to top Go down

South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan Empty Re: South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan

Post by nevada Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Should Rahul Dravid also do the same?

nevada

Back to top Go down

South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan Empty Re: South Indian singer Janaki refuses to accept Padma Bhushan

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Why did this post attract only 1 reply but another post of same content had more replies?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Why did this post attract only 1 reply but another post of same content had more replies?

Ok, since you insist, Janaki comes from a village that is close to my village in Guntur district, Andhra. She is a Telugu. Her family name is Sishtla. She does not agree with you on LTTE.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:25 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:Why did this post attract only 1 reply but another post of same content had more replies?

Ok, since you insist, Janaki comes from a village that is close to my village in Guntur district, Andhra. She is a Telugu. Her family name is Sishtla. She does not agree with you on LTTE.

Ok, let me write something that makes you happy. P. Susheela, famous female Tamil singer, was born in the same place where Uppili's grandfather was born. She was trained in classical music by a famous violin player. Even she doesn't endorse the LTTE ways.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down