Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kamal Hassan set himself up

+10
Maria S
Merlot Daruwala
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
Rekz
Hellsangel
indophile
Idéfix
goodcitizn
Rishi
14 posters

Go down

kamal Hassan set himself up Empty kamal Hassan set himself up

Post by Rishi Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 pm

"why would Kamala Hasan openly suggest PC as PM. He got sucked up on both ends - JJ & Maino Vatican. Stupid boy."

Read it on the web.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

kamal Hassan set himself up Empty Re: kamal Hassan set himself up

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Not so fast, Boji. Someone has obviously neglected to tell you of Kamal's newly appointed Political Advisor. You probably know him. He is none other than the political pundit who continues to dazzle this forum with his studious perceptions on southern indians a majority of whom, barring those who stutter, are eloquent in Dachini.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 pm

goodcitizn wrote: southern indians a majority of whom, barring those who stutter, are eloquent in Dachini.
rofl
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Madras High Court allowed the film to be exhibited in TN. Finally, good sense prevailed.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

When is Zero Dark Thirty supposed to be play in India?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm

I seriously doubt all this ban drama is related to Kamal's fair skin...
If it was Rajini...TN mass(read makal) would not have allowed this to happen...

In chennai if u r fair...somehow u r treated as kettavar
if one is dark..u r nallavar...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Rekz wrote:I seriously doubt all this ban drama is related to Kamal's fair skin...

Not necessarily. MGR was fair-skinned. Kamal's focus has been in character-acting and show-casing his skills in variety, his role model being Sivaji Ganesan. Rajini was more focused on mass appeal and most of his roles were tailor-made with that in mind, much like MGR's.

Kamal comes across as a high-brow know-it-all in his public appearance which is a turn-off. Rajini comes across as a humble person, always giving credit to others for his success.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:56 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Not so fast, Boji. Someone has obviously neglected to tell you of Kamal's newly appointed Political Advisor. You probably know him. He is none other than the political pundit who continues to dazzle this forum with his studious perceptions on southern indians a majority of whom, barring those who stutter, are eloquent in Dachini.

is there a reason you are misspelling the fowl language duckini as dachini?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 am

Rekz wrote:I seriously doubt all this ban drama is related to Kamal's fair skin...

Didn't Rajni's movie was stonewalled some yrs back by PMK Ramdoss n vannaiyar sangam ?

Of course how will a Gujji know all these details?...Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Didn't Rajni's movie was stonewalled some yrs back by PMK Ramdoss n vannaiyar sangam ?

Of course how will a Gujji know all these details?...Wink

Attention Admin- Enough is enough!! i can't tolerate this name calling..
as in gujji sojji...ban this saamiyaar

Rajini movie....none of his movies where banned in TN...i don't follow any casteU based news...

Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 am

Rekz wrote:Attention Admin- Enough is enough!! i can't tolerate this name calling..
as in gujji sojji...ban this saamiyaar
Are you being accused of being Gujarati?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 am

indophile wrote:Madras High Court allowed the film to be exhibited in TN. Finally, good sense prevailed.

Not so fast...

The Tamil Nadu government has reportedly challenged the Madras high
court's order of lifting the ban imposed on Kamal Haasan's film
Vishwaroopam.

The case will come up before the first bench of the Madras high court at 10.30 am on Wednesday.
After a day-long court room drama

that ended late at night, the Madras high court lifted the ban
imposed on Kamal Haasan’s film Vishwaroopam, paving the way for its
release in Tamil Nadu.

No one crosses an angry elephant and escapes its wrath.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Not necessarily. MGR was fair-skinned. Kamal's focus has been in character-acting and show-casing his skills in variety, his role model being Sivaji Ganesan. Rajini was more focused on mass appeal and most of his roles were tailor-made with that in mind, much like MGR's.

Kamal comes across as a high-brow know-it-all in his public appearance which is a turn-off. Rajini comes across as a humble person, always giving credit to others for his success.

So intellectual arrogance makes KamalHassan kettavar?
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 am

Rekz wrote:In chennai if u r fair...somehow u r treated as kettavar

Gasp. Such discrimination based on skin-color, I never expected of enlightened Thamizhars. Very disappointing this.

This also explains the strange line with which Impy used to greet new handles on SUCH: Are you nallavar or kettavar? Now it all falls into place. I'm truly shocked.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Gasp. Such discrimination based on skin-color, I never expected of enlightened Thamizhars. Very disappointing this.

This also explains the strange line with which Impy used to greet new handles on SUCH: Are you nallavar or kettavar? Now it all falls into place. I'm truly shocked.

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 am

Rekz wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

So intellectual arrogance makes KamalHassan kettavar?

"Nallavara, kettavara?" Nayakan shtyle: "Theriyalaye, pa, theriyala!"

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:07 am

What started as something funny and silly- with all the protests..seems to be turning into something more serious.

*In TamilNadu..Cinema was never "just Cinema/for Art-sake"- it was always used as a vehicle/tool to spread social messages..addressed controversial issues..and of course for political propaganda. Having said that, quite a few people I know who have seen Vishwaroopam movie..say it's a "top hollywood-like" production and Kamal is great..but, it's not an epic/classic movie and has the US- Afghanistan terrorist angles added in..nothing about insulting the Muslim communities or stereotyping them.

Kamal has gone out of this way to reach out- change parts of the movie etc.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/tamil-nadu/kamal-haasan-agrees-to-modify-vishwaroopam/article4360501.ece

I agree with GC that that Rajini is more like MGR (a shrewd businessman) and Kamal is more like Sivaji (is an authentic artist) who wants to elevate his own performances/experiment and take risks..in this particular movie, he is taking enormous business risks too..and I think with all the controversies, this movie will make money as the fans seem quite sympathetic towards him- if the Chinese don't pirate it on a mega scale- put it on youku and other channels as they can't seem to wait!

*I am quite surprised that TN Govt- is investing time, money and going out of its way to give Kamal so much trouble/obstruct release of this movie, esp.
Amma Jayalalitha, an artist herself..makes this seem personal (beyond the voter block interests).

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:18 am

“I don’t want to be dragged into politics as that is not my forte”.

Then why make political statements and get into trouble?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am

I think it will be cheaper to provide bus tickets from TN to theaters in Karnataka or Kerala than to modify the movie.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 am

Rishi wrote:“I don’t want to be dragged into politics as that is not my forte”.

*Kamal has not run for office, he does not have any official political affiliation..he does not campaign for/against anyone and the Tamil Cinema Industry is his life- dedicated his life..from a child to now a veteran/icon- he has earned his stature.

Any Tamilian/Indian can express their simple opinion about politics/politicians (that is all he did and he did not even bring up Jayalalitha or her party)..Although Amma can be a dictator and has almost destroyed the careers of good actors like Vadivelu for openly campaigning against her/her party, *that is very easy to understand.

This one is really strange, imo.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am

Maria S wrote:

*Kamal has not run for office, he does not have any official political affiliation..he does not campaign for/against anyone and the Tamil Cinema Industry is his life- dedicated his life..from a child to now a veteran/icon- he has earned his stature.

Any Tamilian/Indian can express their simple opinion about politics/politicians (that is all he did and he did not even bring up Jayalalitha or her party)..Although Amma can be a dictator and has almost destroyed the careers of good actors like Vadivelu for openly campaigning against her/her party, *that is very easy to understand.

Neither JJ nor MK want to lose support from muslim groups over this controversy. JJ is using law & order problems as her reason for supporing the ban while MK is saying that his muslim brothers (Islamiya udan pirappukkal) should sit down with Kamal and work out their differences amicably. In the process, the principle of "freedom of speech" and the constitutionality of "secularism" are getting feathered and tarred.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Maria S wrote:

Neither JJ nor MK want to lose support from muslim groups over this controversy. JJ is using law & order problems as her reason for supporing the ban while MK is saying that his muslim brothers (Islamiya udan pirappukkal) should sit down with Kamal and work out their differences amicably. In the process, the principle of "freedom of speech" and the constitutionality of "secularism" are getting feathered and tarred.

true..times are a changing/have changed ?? this was 1998 perhaps all, surely DKhead enjoyed this at that time ! (see after 0:12)

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Maria S wrote:

true..times are a changing/have changed ?? this was 1998 perhaps all, surely DKhead enjoyed this at that time ! (see after 0:12)

LOL! Wanted to post this song from youtube but didn't know how. Perhaps you can help, kokkee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuO878gwWyw

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

goodcitizn wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Maria S wrote:

LOL! Wanted to post this song from youtube but didn't know how. Perhaps you can help, kokkee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuO878gwWyw

[youtube]type in the tag after the = sign here is is vuOxxxxxxxx[/youtube] ( max and atcg acually helped me with this in https://such.forumotion.com/t9453-genius-ilayaraja-then-now which you might like to view

inikku enna palaghArama.. illayE? enna menu brother ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 am

indophile wrote:Madras High Court allowed the film to be exhibited in TN. Finally, good sense prevailed.

No, TN HC now banned it again. Apparently, Hasan has pledged all his personal properties as a security for the lenders. He is all emotional and wants to leave TN. The rumor is that JJ wanted the rights to screen the film on her TV channels and Hasan's business manager gave them to someone else (?). The real reason will eventually come out. I agree with Uppili - the wrath of a mad elephant is on!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

In tribute and support of Kamal:)

"Ammavum neeyay..Appavum Neeyay" (before he became a self-proclaimed atheist)

I guess he did not adore this Amma enough..Very Happy

Cute!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Why is the court preventing the screening of this movie? I haven't followed this story. If this is about state politics, how does the High Court get pulled into that?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 pm

panini press wrote:Why is the court preventing the screening of this movie? I haven't followed this story. If this is about state politics, how does the High Court get pulled into that?

It is all due to money/business deal. The DTH contract was not given to Jaya TV(quote was too low) and given to SunTV and also Kamal made some comment in favour of P Chidambaram becoming PM.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

The State Govt banned the release of the movie. The movie producer challenged the ban. The HC first ruled the ban illegal. HC bench reversed the order and reinstated the ban. The movie producer has appealed to SC.

JJ saw the movie sometime ago and pretended polite friendly photo ops with KH. Probably wanted TV rights eventually for Jaya TV. MK had made overtures for KH to join DMK in the past which KH rebuffed. JJ and MK both want the muslim vote. The DCP law & order is trying teavana and reading the leaves. TN muslims are unsure but want to flex their muscle - there is a general chaotic no one knows where the real issues are - and no one is sitting down for a multilateral negotiation - it is all playing out in public.

KH is probably paying usurious interest on the borrowed portions or someone is hurting with cost-of-carry.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Rishi wrote:I think it will be cheaper to provide bus tickets from TN to theaters in Karnataka or Kerala than to modify the movie.

eggjactly...LOL
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Yes..I never knew u r a tubelight...
When impy asks..neega nallavara or kettavara...what she means is.. r u dark or fair..ayoo
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Rekz wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

When impy asks..neega nallavara or kettavara...what she means is.. r u dark or fair..ayoo

nalla poNNu!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Rekz wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

nalla poNNu!

How do u know? Smile btw u r nallavar or kettavar Hellsu?
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:23 pm

atcg wrote:The State Govt banned the release of the movie. The movie producer challenged the ban. The HC first ruled the ban illegal. HC bench reversed the order and reinstated the ban. The movie producer has appealed to SC.

JJ saw the movie sometime ago and pretended polite friendly photo ops with KH. Probably wanted TV rights eventually for Jaya TV. MK had made overtures for KH to join DMK in the past which KH rebuffed. JJ and MK both want the muslim vote. The DCP law & order is trying teavana and reading the leaves. TN muslims are unsure but want to flex their muscle - there is a general chaotic no one knows where the real issues are - and no one is sitting down for a multilateral negotiation - it is all playing out in public.

KH is probably paying usurious interest on the borrowed portions or someone is hurting with cost-of-carry.
Thank you. That is very helpful. I had a feeling there was more to this than meets the eye, and there sure is.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

No, TN HC now banned it again. Apparently, Hasan has pledged all his personal properties as a security for the lenders. He is all emotional and wants to leave TN. The rumor is that JJ wanted the rights to screen the film on her TV channels and Hasan's business manager gave them to someone else (?). The real reason will eventually come out. I agree with Uppili - the wrath of a mad elephant is on!

One way for Kamal Hasan to take revenge is make a riproaring comedy movie on TN politicians and exhibit it everywhere except TN. That is, if he has money left to undertake such a project.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 pm

This is funny from the "Unreal" times..pretty close to what's happening for real too!

http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2013/01/30/in-pictures-the-inside-story-behind-the-banning-of-kamal-haasans-vishwaroopam/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Maria S wrote:This is funny from the "Unreal" times..pretty close to what's happening for real too!

http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2013/01/30/in-pictures-the-inside-story-behind-the-banning-of-kamal-haasans-vishwaroopam/

In the words of Obelix, these Tamils are crazy!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Maria S wrote:This is funny from the "Unreal" times..pretty close to what's happening for real too!

Hahaha! Those pics of Vijayakanth are really funny. I decided to visit his Picasa album for more.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Here is my take:

He made the elephant angry which did a special on his movie, but the rights went to another Channel.

He gave rights to DTH angering the Theater owners - who are well related to Politicos and DMK.

He agreed to Owners demands, angering DTH - which is owned by the Marans.

So in essence, by staying out of politics, he did not understand the dynamics, and ended up angering every segment. To make matters worse, he has no party to back him.

Finally, he is no Rajnikanth, the only guy who went against the elephant in late 90s and still remained undamaged.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm

[quote="panini press

Hahaha! Those pics of Vijayakanth are really funny. I decided to visit his Picasa album for more. [/quote]

Smile Carvaka, your tolerance levels are high! Even Mrs. Vijayakanth may pat you on the back for viewing one of his pic collections!

Seriously, he's an entertaining character for a "few mins", have never watched an entire VK movie! And I have never seen a fully intoxicated politician beat his own partyman in public and win..talk about incredibly lucky- that he is.

U,

Kamal may not have a party..but Rajini, Vijay..and the film actors assns seem to be lining up behind him..guess, who visited him..I told you all Khushboo akka is waiting to take on Amma- am sure was sent as a feeler (pardon the pun)..but, has her own agenda and credentials to encourage him- she after all has been to the SC..taken plenty of heat- stood up and had the cases thrown out against her..for her sensational virginity comments.

It's a big drama alright, will end soon.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down