Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh

2 posters

Go down

Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh Empty Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 pm

The Gentlemen's agreement of Andhra Pradesh (1956) refers to a gentlemen's agreement that was signed between Telangana and Andhra leaders before the formation of the state of Andhra Pradesh in 1956. The agreement provided safeguards with the purpose of preventing discrimination against Telangana by the government of Andhra Pradesh. The alleged violations of this agreement are cited as one of the reasons for demands of separate statehood for Telangana.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentlemen's_agreement_of_Andhra_Pradesh_(1956)

I was talking to someone from Telangana recently and he said the unemployment level in this region is 25-40% while it is 5-10% in coastal andhra and a similarly low percentage in Rayalaseema. this, he said, is the basic cause of dissatisfaction. if only the coastal andhra people, who control AP, would give an assurance to develop telangana for the next 15 years and keep their word the whole problem will fizzle out. but now, he said, matters seem to have gone too far.

Back to top Go down

Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh Empty Re: Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm

That T friend of yours is BS-ing. Hyderabad generates 40% of the revenue (not entirely due to the efforts of T people) and Rangareddy district (that surrounds Hyderabad) benefits immensely from the prosperity of Hyderabad (for example, prices of agricultural land owned by T people went from a few thousand rupees per acre to several crores per acre). In early 1990's, I was going to buy an acre from one T person (in Kavuri Hills; close to the IT area) for less than one lakh. I didn't because it was a low area prone to water logging. He sold it recently. I bet he doesn't know what to do with all those crores he made.

The govt of AP is composed of ministers from all three regions. What have those ministers from T done for their region? They made money and built homes in the most expensive ares (Jubilee Hills and Banjara Hills) of Hyderabad. If people of T are smart, they will go after the corrupt politicians from their own region.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh Empty Re: Gentleman's Agreement of Andhra Pradesh

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:That T friend of yours is BS-ing. Hyderabad generates 40% of the revenue (not entirely due to the efforts of T people) and Rangareddy district (that surrounds Hyderabad) benefits immensely from the prosperity of Hyderabad (for example, prices of agricultural land owned by T people went from a few thousand rupees per acre to several crores per acre). In early 1990's, I was going to buy an acre from one T person (in Kavuri Hills; close to the IT area) for less than one lakh. I didn't because it was a low area prone to water logging. He sold it recently. I bet he doesn't know what to do with all those crores he made.

The govt of AP is composed of ministers from all three regions. What have those ministers from T done for their region? They made money and built homes in the most expensive ares (Jubilee Hills and Banjara Hills) of Hyderabad. If people of T are smart, they will go after the corrupt politicians from their own region.

do you agree that unemployment rate is telangana is much higher than in coastal andhra? Why was Telangana allowed to remain backward by the Andhra politicians? Isn't it a fact that most of the politicians are from coastal Andhra?

My friend admitted that coastal andhra people have invested a lot of money in hyderabad and will not let go of it easily for this reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

"Isn't it a fact that most of the politicians are from coastal Andhra?"

NO.

The number of MLAs is proportionate to the people in the three regions. Rayalaseema has the least number of MLAs but CMs in recent years are from that region (YSR, Chandrababu Naidu, Vijayabhaskara Reddy, for example). Telangana had its share of CMs as well (PV Narasimha Rao, Chenna Reddy, Jalagam, Anjaiah, etc.). In recent years, Rosaish is the only example of a CM from the coastal area.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Rashmun wrote:The Gentlemen's agreement of Andhra Pradesh (1956) refers to a gentlemen's agreement that was signed between Telangana and Andhra leaders before the formation of the state of Andhra Pradesh in 1956. The agreement provided safeguards with the purpose of preventing discrimination against Telangana by the government of Andhra Pradesh. The alleged violations of this agreement are cited as one of the reasons for demands of separate statehood for Telangana.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentlemen's_agreement_of_Andhra_Pradesh_(1956)

I was talking to someone from Telangana recently and he said the unemployment level in this region is 25-40% while it is 5-10% in coastal andhra and a similarly low percentage in Rayalaseema. this, he said, is the basic cause of dissatisfaction. if only the coastal andhra people, who control AP, would give an assurance to develop telangana for the next 15 years and keep their word the whole problem will fizzle out. but now, he said, matters seem to have gone too far.

Sir ji: Then I agree you know everything about Andhra, telengana, and Rayalaseema.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Sir ji: Then I agree you know everything about Andhra, telengana, and Rayalaseema.

The longest serving CM of AP (Naidu) is from Chittor district (that TN was reluctant to give to Andhra :-)).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down