Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey kayal vizi

+2
CroMagnon
Rekz
6 posters

Go down

hey kayal vizi Empty hey kayal vizi

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:10 pm

did u know they show Hindi movies at AMCs in bay area and to watch tamil movies u need to go to IMC6 aka big cinemas. i am guessing u will now start a protest against amcs too ?? or better u will stop going to the theatres for hollywood movies ? lol!

Back to top Go down

hey kayal vizi Empty Re: hey kayal vizi

Post by Rekz Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:21 pm

kayalvizhi and u stay close by?
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:42 pm

seven wrote:did u know they show Hindi movies at AMCs in bay area and to watch tamil movies u need to go to IMC6 aka big cinemas. i am guessing u will now start a protest against amcs too ?? or better u will stop going to the theatres for hollywood movies ? lol!

I have no knowledge of Indian politics, especially TN politics. So I once asked a honest question to all Tamils in Sulekha CH - do people of TN really want secession from the union of India, like KV would have us believe.

Everyone who replied said no. KV's argument was that people from rural TN want freedom and only the educated elites think otherwise. But (s)he couldn't provide any proof to back up this claim.

CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:50 pm

CroMagnon wrote:KV's argument was that people from rural TN want freedom and only the educated elites think otherwise.
If this were true, you would see lower rates of voting in elections held under the Indian constitution in rural areas. I don't think that is really the case. KV is just a lone warrior who dreams of overthrowing Hindians.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm

charvaka wrote: KV is just a lone warrior who dreams of overthrowing Hindians.

That is what I figured after that thread and discussions with many other Tamils.

CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
seven wrote:did u know they show Hindi movies at AMCs in bay area and to watch tamil movies u need to go to IMC6 aka big cinemas. i am guessing u will now start a protest against amcs too ?? or better u will stop going to the theatres for hollywood movies ? lol!

I have no knowledge of Indian politics, especially TN politics. So I once asked a honest question to all Tamils in Sulekha CH - do people of TN really want secession from the union of India, like KV would have us believe.

Everyone who replied said no. KV's argument was that people from rural TN want freedom and only the educated elites think otherwise. But (s)he couldn't provide any proof to back up this claim.

yea i figured that out too smtime back. (s)he said tamils ( the ones she hangs out with) will stop eating at McD coz they advertise in hindi but not in tamil Razz
sth bad happened to them like decades ago and they r not ready to move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 pm

seven wrote:sth bad happened to them like decades ago and they r not ready to move on.

I think that something bad is Hindi imposition. I have been told, supported by facts, that it is still happening, though not as explicitly as it happened in 1960s(?).

I empathize with them and support them on this issue. Everyone has a right to preserve their local language and to resist imposition of a foreign language.

But KV has an extreme view on even trivial things - a view which no other Tamil I have come across shares. I do not take anything (s)he says here seriously.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 pm

seven wrote:

so are some North Indians that keep harping Hindi is national language and can't take it when some one brings up the facts.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

so are some North Indians that keep harping Hindi is national language and can't take it when some one brings up the facts.

Eg: Seven. Smile

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

u r confused and puzzled yet u make a good observation here. tamils and hindis are alike. we belong together. so kayal's trials for a separate nation are unreasonable.

kayal will be very happy she got one supporter here :-|

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:10 am

seven wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

u r confused and puzzled yet u make a good observation here. tamils and hindis are alike. we belong together. so kayal's trials for a separate nation are unreasonable.

kayal will be very happy she got one supporter here :-|

You talk exactly like TS when he is drunk. No wonder he likes you so much.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:16 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
seven wrote:

Facts in language wars here: you got a good SOH.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down