Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

note to self

5 posters

Go down

note to self Empty note to self

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 am

abstain-now-will-eat-later is a better strategy than eat-now-will abstain-later.

case in point: yesterday

Had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast. Should have taken the protein bar, that's much more filling.

Anyways, there was gonna be a team lunch, meaning I could not eat at my regular 11:00 am lunch time. But I was hungry and stuck in back-to-back phone conferences. So took out cookies from my drawer, and kept on eating them. Ate I think 300-400 calories worth of it. Promised myself that I will keep lunch light.

Ate ENTIRE lunch too. Was so good. Promised myself will skip the dinner. Lunch was pretty full indeed. I didn't even have room to go for my tea in the afternoon.

Came home with full determination to cook just for the kids. They wanted chinese. So let them order it. Meanwhile, since I was "skipping" dinner, I had a cookie. Then one more cookie. Then some chick peas.

Then the food came. So took little portions of everything too. But continued with the chick peas. Then later, polished off daughter's leftovers too. Then a little more later, took a second little helping of the same food. Promised myself I will fast today.

Had 4 parle G with the tea today. This is not going good. *must fast rest of the day*

Last edited by Vidya Bagchi on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

note to self Empty Re: note to self

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am

I'm ok with food. I eat healthy for the most part, except for the namkeen snacks that hubby gets to go along with his drinks.
It is the gym part that I go bipolar: from going 5-6x/week for some weeks to not seeing the gym at all for a few others. It's been more than two weeks since i've been to the gym. If i get a break, then it's so difficult to get started. But once I get started, i'll enjoy it until the next break. Starting trouble is my prob. It's always, 'Let me get started from tomorrow for sure. Today, I am this...i have that...' excuses. I was supposted to start today at any cost. But then in the morn, .....u know. I'm secretly kinda relieved. The first thought that came to mind was, 'yay! i don't have to go to the gym today'. Sad

Aisa ho toh kaisa? sigh!

note to self: cut down on cals today to compensate for the cals not lost at the gym.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 am

Note to Tracy:

Nice to see you - not change your screen name (yet!)
The Parle T biscs' with tea on a cold Sat..sounds quite nice me, I won't feel any guilt for that:)

Have a good day everyone!
Bye.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks M... dunno, I was going on the right track. Lost about 5-6 lbs (counting from before the bet). Even BFF complimented when I went to pick my son from a play date at her place. Moreover, I could finally suck in my tummy enough to make it look like I got a decent waist. But one bad day, and I risk throwing it all away. So, will not eat until a dinner thing at a cousin tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 am

nenu wrote:I'm ok with food. I eat healthy for the most part, except for the namkeen snacks that hubby gets to go along with his drinks.
It is the gym part that I go bipolar: from going 5-6x/week for some weeks to not seeing the gym at all for a few others. It's been more than two weeks since i've been to the gym. If i get a break, then it's so difficult to get started. But once I get started, i'll enjoy it until the next break. Starting trouble is my prob. It's always, 'Let me get started from tomorrow for sure. Today, I am this...i have that...' excuses. I was supposted to start today at any cost. But then in the morn, .....u know. I'm secretly kinda relieved. The first thought that came to mind was, 'yay! i don't have to go to the gym today'. Sad

Aisa ho toh kaisa? sigh!

note to self: cut down on cals today to compensate for the cals not lost at the gym.

no gym for me... and that's a relief in itself. I hate gym.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:abstain-now-will-eat-later is a better strategy than eat-now-will abstain-later.

Had a small bowl of cereal for breakfast. Should have taken the protein bar, that's much more filling.

Anyways, there was gonna be a team lunch, meaning I could not eat at my regular 11:00 am lunch time. But I was hungry and stuck in back-to-back phone conferences. So took out cookies from my drawer, and kept on eating them. Ate I think 300-400 calories worth of it. Promised myself that I will keep lunch light.

Ate ENTIRE lunch too. Was so good. Promised myself will skip the dinner. Lunch was pretty full indeed. I didn't even have room to go for my tea in the afternoon.

Came home with full determination to cook just for the kids. They wanted chinese. So let them order it. Meanwhile, since I was "skipping" dinner, I had a cookie. Then one more cookie. Then some chick peas.

Then the food came. So took little portions of everything too. But continued with the chick peas. Then later, polished off daughter's leftovers too. Then a little more later, took a second little helping of the same food. Promised myself I will fast today.

Had 4 parle G with the tea today. This is not going good. *must fast rest of the day*

Out of sight and out of mind .
That's why I don't keep any snacks/food at my work. If I feel hungry, I drink a small amount of coffee or tea. At home , I cannot control myself with the snacks/cookies

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:30 pm

b_A wrote:

Out of sight and out of mind .
That's why I don't keep any snacks/food at my work. If I feel hungry, I drink a small amount of coffee or tea. At home , I cannot control myself with the snacks/cookies

That's the key. She shouldn't be buying any of those cookies and parle Gs at all. Instead, have nuts (unsalted and raw almonds, walnuts, pistachios, etc), cut fruits and veggies handy to be snacked on whenever hungry. Also, boiled (and mixed with suated onions, chillies, grated coconut) black chana, kabuli chana, black eyed beans (lobia) are filling and healthy snacks to have. Sprouted moong is also another option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:05 pm

What are you talking, these cookies are soooo addictive

note to self Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNSIfzgFamc1yN0OHJKo1lq4g7WsijdDskS_UkdPjC7JXjxY2i

Anyways, while googling for this, stumbled upon this blog. Just looking at it makes me hungry. But I am doing good so far. Had a bowl of pomegranate.

A Less processed life

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:abstain-now-will-eat-later is a better strategy than eat-now-will abstain-later.

If you have to starve to meet some entirely arbitrary weight-loss target, it's not sustainable.

Listen to your body. Eat good food. Be comfortable with yourself.

PS: This wisdom is after a happy meal of some totally succulent seekh kebab, mutton xacuti, grilled basa, goan prawn curry with rice, rasmalai and bibinca all washed down with many a glass of Chilean red wine.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

If you have to starve to meet some entirely arbitrary weight-loss target, it's not sustainable.

Listen to your body. Eat good food. Be comfortable with yourself.

When I listen to my body, it makes me pack pounds. Then it cries when it has to do any chore. Body is useless. It's gotta be mind over body, at least until I get my 50 gift certificates. By that time, hopefully my body will start talking fair too.

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
PS: This wisdom is after a happy meal of some totally succulent seekh kebab, mutton xacuti, grilled basa, goan prawn curry with rice, rasmalai and bibinca all washed down with many a glass of Chilean red wine.

You are bad! How can you list food when I am FASTING??? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Woman, you pack those pounds because you eat bad food. Skip the cookies. Ban potato chips. Stop using potatoes altogether. Eat well but eat healthy. And oh yes, be disciplined abt working out for atleast 30 mins a day.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote: you pack those pounds because you eat bad food. Skip the cookies. Ban potato chips. Stop using potatoes altogether. Eat well but eat healthy. And oh yes, be disciplined abt working out for atleast 30 mins a day.
Not sure about potatotes. Most of us donot eat. We just gulp. Eating means food needs to be chewed properly before it goes inside. If you chew food properly you would get a burp which indicates your stomach is full where you should stop.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Ya well, that's what I been trying. Cookies be my only sin. One daily sin is allowed, specially if under healthy guidelines Wink

But when I get derailed and eat for 2 days (or 2 people) within 12 hours, the only thing sensible (for me) is to balance it the next day. And I am not starving exactly. I am having fruits or something extremely light (like tea) until I eat dinner later tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:00 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote: you pack those pounds because you eat bad food. Skip the cookies. Ban potato chips. Stop using potatoes altogether. Eat well but eat healthy. And oh yes, be disciplined abt working out for atleast 30 mins a day.
Not sure about potatotes. Most of us donot eat. We just gulp. Eating means food needs to be chewed properly before it goes inside. If you chew food properly you would get a burp which indicates your stomach is full where you should stop.

Sir, you burp because you've swallowed extra air while eating or because of a gassy drink like soda or beer.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Ya well, that's what I been trying. Cookies be my only sin. One daily sin is allowed, specially if under healthy guidelines Wink

But when I get derailed and eat for 2 days (or 2 people) within 12 hours, the only thing sensible (for me) is to balance it the next day. And I am not starving exactly. I am having fruits or something extremely light (like tea) until I eat dinner later tonight.

One effective method is to eat whenever you are at home in total privacy in front of a full length mirror and completely naked.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:06 pm

goodcitizn wrote:One effective method is to eat whenever you are at home in total privacy in front of a full length mirror and completely naked.

lol!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down