Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots?

4 posters

Go down

Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots? Empty Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots?

Post by SomeProfile Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 am

An interesting discussion on another forum:

http://www.quora.com/India/Why-do-people-who-support-Narendra-Modi-choose-to-pardon-ignore-forget-his-alleged-role-in-the-Gujarat-riots

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots? Empty Re: Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots?

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:59 am

Pardon / ignore / forget is old hat.

A more novel approach is the wide-eyed, oh-i've-no-idea-what-happened-in-2002-so-please-educate-me tactic. This has the advantage of laying claim to dispassionate objectivity, while using the innocent-till-proved-guilty principle to push one's agenda.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots? Empty Re: Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots?

Post by Uppili Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Pardon / ignore / forget is old hat.

A more novel approach is the wide-eyed, oh-i've-no-idea-what-happened-in-2002-so-please-educate-me tactic. This has the advantage of laying claim to dispassionate objectivity, while using the innocent-till-proved-guilty principle to push one's agenda.

Oh...the most benovalent, the most unbiased, the most secular one.... You are 402% right.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 pm

So, are you suggesting that there are fukularists on Modi's side as well?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I was listening to Ghosh (the Ass. Professor at Penn who led the opposition to Modi's participation in a US economic meet). He sounds very much like our extremely brilliant Su-Sh scholars.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 am

Uppili wrote:

Oh...the most benovalent, the most unbiased, the most secular one.... You are 402% right.

Thanks. But let's not waste time on the simply disingenuous. Let's instead honor the truly talented. And yes, I'm talking about you, Upps Aunty. Your i-believe-he-did-it-but-you-should-consider-him-innocent-until-proven-guilty gets the Golden Pretzel Award of 2013.Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots? 459784477
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Thanks. But let's not waste time on the simply disingenuous. Let's instead honor the truly talented. And yes, I'm talking about you, Upps Aunty. Your i-believe-he-did-it-but-you-should-consider-him-innocent-until-proven-guilty gets the Golden Pretzel Award of 2013.Why do Modi-supporters pardon/ignore/forget his alleged role in the Gujarat riots? 459784477

You mean like I-believe-you-planted-the bombs-in-Karachi-against-shias-but-you-should-be-treated-innocent-until-proven-guilty should also get the Golden Prize Award of 2013? affraid

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:09 am

Lame comeback, Aunty. Try again. Sleep
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down