Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee: "After Gujarat Riots, I had wanted to sack Narendra Modi...It would have been better if Modi would have been removed"

Go down

Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee: "After Gujarat Riots, I had wanted to sack Narendra Modi...It would have been better if Modi would have been removed" Empty Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee: "After Gujarat Riots, I had wanted to sack Narendra Modi...It would have been better if Modi would have been removed"

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Gujarat riots a cause of defeat: Vajpayee

"We are thinking afresh of the situation in Gujarat. The matter will be considered afresh at the Mumbai meeting. All kinds of decisions can be taken," Vajpayee said.

"We have to see what will be the losses and gains in that (Modi's removal). We will have to have new policies."

"There were two opinions (in the party) on the question of Modi's removal after the riots. Some people wanted his removal, which was also what I had in mind.

"But the entire responsibility was put on me and I had to take a decision keeping in mind all shades of opinion. I felt that holding elections would be more beneficial."

Asked whether the party had suffered by its refusal to sack Modi, Vajpayee said, "There were different opinions. But we did not realise that this strategy would be exploited so much outside Gujarat. The kind of films that were distributed… the whole thing was run like a campaign,"

Vajpayee agreed it would have been better if Modi had been removed.

"But after the event, such debates are academic in nature and it does not change the situation. Whatever damage could have happened has happened. Now, we have to think of a new beginning," he said adding, "Leadership change is also an issue."

http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/jun/13abv.htm

Back to top Go down

Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee: "After Gujarat Riots, I had wanted to sack Narendra Modi...It would have been better if Modi would have been removed" Empty Re: Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee: "After Gujarat Riots, I had wanted to sack Narendra Modi...It would have been better if Modi would have been removed"

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Atal Bihari Vajpayee is a big liar. It is well docummented.
Vajpayee's Big Lie about Hindi and Annadurai

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down