Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

+17
Captain Bhankas
b_A
bw
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Impedimenta
truthbetold
indophile
goodcitizn
Maria S
southindian
yogi
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Petrichor
Hellsangel
Idéfix
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? Empty Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

This is a non-anonymous open poll. Please cast your vote by replying on this thread. Please say "+1" if you think the SuCH privacy policy needs to be strengthened to include more active enforcement of privacy. Please say "-1" if you DON'T want the policy to be strengthened.

Here is the proposal on the table. If the overall vote is 2/3rds positive after 3 days (i.e. 9 am Pacific time on Thursday, March 14), the privacy policy will be revised to add the following elements:
  • Admin may, at his sole discretion, edit / delete posts when he is satisfied that there is a violation of a current or past member's privacy.
  • Admin will, as now, remove content when requested in private or in public to do so by the affected person and / or poster.
  • No penalties are defined for frequent violators of policy. If violations continue, any member can start an open poll similar to this one suggesting a specific penalty, and admin will carry it out if the idea wins 2/3rds of the vote cast in an open poll.
If the overall vote is less than 2/3rds positive, the current policy will continue without change.

Thanks for voting!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? Empty Re: Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? Empty Re: Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

Post by Petrichor Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 pm

I would like to change

"If the overall vote is positive after 3 days"

to

"If the overall vote is 80% positive after 3 days"

and

"admin will carry it out if the idea wins in an open poll."

to

"admin will carry it out if the idea wins 80% votes in an open poll."

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

in fact -infinity

P.S. I see the Goal post is moving - just like the commies and Congress fudge their rules once they are in power.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

I would prefer fewer polls, more smart alecky comments which is what this forum is for.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 pm

I would encourage ya, ra, la and va to come and vote.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:0

I would like to change

"If the overall vote is positive after 3 days"

to

"If the overall vote is 80% positive after 3 days"

and

"admin will carry it out if the idea wins in an open poll."

to

"admin will carry it out if the idea wins 80% votes in an open poll."

I like these suggestions, but I think 4-to-1 is an impossible bar for anything to pass here. I think 2-to-1, which is "absolute majority" in many systems, may be a more appropriate bar. I will revise the original post.

PS: I assume HA and Uppili still vote -1 with the revision, so this should NOT affect the votes already cast.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by yogi Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

+1
yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Admin should do what admin wants to do. Members will read and respond to whatever is left on threads.

People will keep coming back if messages/responses are sufficient, exciting and have openness of ideas, else people will move on.

Do whatever sells.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I am fine with 2/3rds majority - my vote will be +1 then.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I would prefer fewer polls, more smart alecky comments which is what this forum is for.
I prefer those myself as well, but need to do this unpleasant stuff so long as you and others keep up the privacy violations.

What's your vote?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:I would prefer fewer polls, more smart alecky comments which is what this forum is for.

+1

Why can't there be smart alecky comments..with boundaries, esp. when it comes to personal info.

In a perfect world, no one needs boundaries..people are automatically considerate and are careful. I do think that some sense of security and accountability is important for the wellbeing of everyone- not just posters, but their families as well.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 pm

+1

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 pm

trofimov wrote:
I prefer those myself as well, but need to do this unpleasant stuff so long as you and others keep up the privacy violations.

What's your vote?

I vote for the tight asian girl with long hair

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 pm

look, the most agregious violator of privacy policy is an immature old douche that will reform the day he gets hit by the bus while crossing cooper street and no less. and he will continue to do what he does until he's kicked in the head hard enough so he retreats whimpering and licking his wounds for a few days. no amount of law making will deter this old fuck, so this entire exercise is a lost cause

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
trofimov wrote:

What's your vote?

What does "tight asian girl" mean?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

+1.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 pm

southindian wrote:Admin should do what admin wants to do. Members will read and respond to whatever is left on threads.

People will keep coming back if messages/responses are sufficient, exciting and have openness of ideas, else people will move on.

Do whatever sells.
I am uncomfortable with a "do what he wants to do" admin. We should have some rules, and expect admin to follow the rules. If admin doesn't follow the rules and does what he wants, then why should members follow any rules? Soon we will have chaos and anarchy like we had on old CH before it died.

What's your vote?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:45 pm

In general..people seldom change.

Unfortunately- people who can be cold, insensitive, thoughtless can provoke/hurt us to the point..we begin to change and adapt their qualities..and become cold, insensitive, thoughtless etc.

And that is not good and quite sad, imo.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Maria S wrote:In general..people seldom change.

Unfortunately- people who can be cold, insensitive, thoughtless can provoke/hurt us to the point..we begin to change and adapt their qualities..and become cold, insensitive, thoughtless etc.

The 'we' here includes people who are not people?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

The problem is that we cannot expect impartiality from Panini Press (PP) who now goes by name Trifomov (do i have the spelling right?) Notice that he conveniently deleted his own purported name from the thread but does not delete the purported name and residential address of a poster. He is NOT a neutral, impartial poster and hence he has forfeited the right to have any special powers. All along i have suggested that PP should hand over Admin powers to some neutral person who commands the respect of everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm

any special powers given to PP by this forum will inevitably be misused by him to target posters he has disagreements with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
trofimov wrote:

What's your vote?

You sissy... be specific...

Asian is too broad a term. A Baluch is an Asian too.

I will modify your demand further: one that does not get headache.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 pm

His Holiness voted -1. How does Uppili vote?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm

I agree... any kind of censorship under any tag hurts my feelings and comes across as cold and insensitive, IMOT (In my Opinion Too).

I am just looking for a reason to get out.

So help me Allah...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
trofimov wrote:

What's your vote?

saw this filipino girl who was a hostess at the poker game on saturday. oh my god is all I can say.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:12 pm

southindian wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
trofimov wrote:

What's your vote?

What does "tight asian girl" mean?

it's a poker term - tight aggressive, which is a style of player (often considered to be a winning player but I prefer LAG as in loose aggressive)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

this is true...I(we) AM(are) a product of my(our) environment, to paraphrase what frank costello tells billy costigan in the departed.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:23 pm

+1.
let us drop privacy stuff. spirited discussions with smart alecy comments good.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
trofimov wrote:

What's your vote?

saw this filipino girl who was a hostess at the poker game on saturday. oh my god is all I can say.

Yep.. Phillipno girls are a bit more modest and not so whitish/yellowish as the Chinks/Japs. A bit more comfy for us - except many of them can be "freaks".

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Hellsangel wrote:His Holiness voted -1. How does Uppili vote?

Uppili must have deferred his vote - useless idiot.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Bimp

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

being an admin is sure a thankless job. dude, you need an hourly rate to work on admin requests:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Bimp

ju are blaberring a lot today in this poll thread but i still love you. ya, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 pm

With Bittu's and Propa's testostrone down around 50+ age group the web-site has become child friendly, which was my main concern years ago. The abuses here are also inferequent with their growing daughters and women handle(s) here feeding less to their act.

I'm ok if they come here and write, "What the F***, my dialysis was cancelled for such and such date".
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Priyamvadai M'dosai wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Bimp

ju are blaberring a lot today in this poll thread but i still love you. ya, the heart wants what the heart wants.

Glad that I am normal today... Thanks for loving me, and I love you back.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm

+1

i hope we win **fingers crossed**

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Are we voting according to the Indian "democratic" norms? I presume you will be giving laptops, bicycles, TVs, for "minorities" before voting.

If you insist on us voting in the non-desi way, for my vote, subtract 2.466 from the formula below:

a/b + c/d = ad+bc/bd,

where a=2, b=3, c=4 and d=5.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Bimp

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 pm

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:32 pm

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:36 pm

The primary reason is that I don't want the current tactics of Phlegmy and Rashmun to succeed.

I am talking about their method of referring to your purported real name in response to others revealing their PRNs.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:11 am

the policy must not change.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 am

what if the person whose name is mentioned is away and cannot ask admin to delete the thread...

oh but i didnt think about time when admin is not around. then wat happens?
we should have 2-3 active admins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:43 am

seven wrote:what if the person whose name is mentioned is away and cannot ask admin to delete the thread...

You know if your handle had been "Nine" I would have whacked you. You escape bcz "seven" is my lucky number.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 am

Uppili wrote:
seven wrote:what if the person whose name is mentioned is away and cannot ask admin to delete the thread...

You know if your handle had been "Nine" I would have whacked you. You escape bcz "seven" is my lucky number.

And then you would have earned 'wacko' for a handle fair n square.
Whack women...good going...so help you allah
What did I do to upset you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 am

seven wrote:what if the person whose name is mentioned is away and cannot ask admin to delete the thread... oh but i didnt think about time when admin is not around. then wat happens?
then wait. it happens in all forums. the objective of the policy is that the name should not show up in google results. deletion after a few days or a week will meet that purpose.

seven, i don't think anyone wants to be admin here. it is a thankless job. just *my* opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next