Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

+17
Captain Bhankas
b_A
bw
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Impedimenta
truthbetold
indophile
goodcitizn
Maria S
southindian
yogi
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Petrichor
Hellsangel
Idéfix
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? - Page 2 Empty Re: Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

Post by Kris Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 am

Kris

Back to top Go down

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? - Page 2 Empty Re: Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH?

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:look, the most agregious violator of privacy policy is an immature old douche that will reform the day he gets hit by the bus while crossing cooper street and no less. and he will continue to do what he does until he's kicked in the head hard enough so he retreats whimpering and licking his wounds for a few days. no amount of law making will deter this old fuck, so this entire exercise is a lost cause
look, it's "egregious," not "agregious."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 am

i have considerable sympathy for the position in which adm. glutimov finds himself. the objective of his repeated appeals for policy changes is to lower his laundry bills, for every time [employer name removed by Admin] is mentioned here, [name removed by admin] poops in his pants.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i have considerable sympathy for the position in which adm. glutimov finds himself. the objective of his repeated appeals for policy changes is to lower his laundry bills, for every time [employer name removed by Admin] is mentioned here, [name removed by Admin] poops in his pants.

what brand of diapers would you suggest? what do you wear?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i have considerable sympathy for the position in which adm. glutimov finds himself. the objective of his repeated appeals for policy changes is to lower his laundry bills, for every time [employer name removed by Admin] is mentioned here, [name removed by Admin] poops in his pants.

Propa, JM claims he has turned your arse into a finely puréed pulp, and consequently one sees you barking and snarling and whining most of the time. Your comments?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 am

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Propa, JM claims he has turned your arse into a finely puréed pulp, and consequently one sees you barking and snarling and whining most of the time. Your comments?

I claim that you have phlegmy's diaper contents for breakfast three times a week. your comments?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i have considerable sympathy for the position in which adm. glutimov finds himself. the objective of his repeated appeals for policy changes is to lower his laundry bills, for every time [employer name removed by Admin] is mentioned here, [name removed by admin] poops in his pants.
JM, you have again deliberately violated privacy here. Your deeds, in your own words, violate criminal and civil laws, and well-known ethical standards.

http://indiapulse.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse_tendulkar-and-sehwag-as-metaphors-for-a-changing-india-1103657
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I claim that you have phlegmy's diaper contents for breakfast three times a week. your comments?

You had earlier claimed that you would not be responding to any of my posts. Does your post addressed to me mean that you have retracted your earlier claim and will henceforth be engaging with me in debates and discussions? Please discuss in detail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:17 pm

After the end of the first day of polling, this is how the results look.

For the motion (voted +1)Against the motion (voted -1)Replied but not voted
yogi
Muezzin-Bar'chu
Maria S
goodcitizn
indophile
truthbetold
seven
nenu
Hellsangel
Marathadi Saamiyaar
Rashmun
Huzefa Kapasi
southindian
Vakavaka Pakapaka
MaxEntropy_Man
bw
b_A
Captain Bhankas
Kris
Propagandhi
Impedimenta
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Total: 8Total: 11Total: 3

It looks like the current policy, which we arrived at almost two years ago through some robust discussions, is here to stay.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Lets have a best of 3 Kho-Kho or Kabaddi match between Team 1 and Team 2 to make the final decision.

Team 3 can assist Vatican Horse Trading on "election" of the new Pope.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 pm

pp,
for the ignorant who vote without knowledge( i.e. like me), can you once again state the current policy that was arrived at. after "robust" discussions.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

trofimov wrote:After the end of the first day of polling, this is how the results look.

It looks like the current policy, which we arrived at almost two years ago through some robust discussions, is here to stay.

for how long? 4 yrs ? 5 yrs ? or whenever the majority is defeated?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:55 pm

southindian wrote:Lets have a best of 3 Kho-Kho or Kabaddi match between Team 1 and Team 2 to make the final decision.

Team 3 can assist Vatican Horse Trading on "election" of the new Pope.
welcome back bokachoda. bounce i likes your new self. +1 for all your posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 pm

truthbetold wrote:pp,
for the ignorant who vote without knowledge( i.e. like me), can you once again state the current policy that was arrived at. after "robust" discussions.
The current policy is that Admin cannot unilaterally edit/delete posts. Admin needs a request from either the poster or the person affected. The person making the request does not need to acknowledge that the information is true, only that they would like the information removed.

The full policy is at https://such.forumotion.com/t10246-such-privacy-policy

Past discussions on this topic are at:
https://such.forumotion.com/t2718-disclosure-of-posters-personal-information
https://such.forumotion.com/t4792-regarding-hellsangel-s-persistent-usage-of-purported-real-names-of-posters-he-disagrees-with

I quote from my post from August 2011:
User A claims to disclose personal information about user B (by referring to them by a name other than handle B, or by referring to their occupation, place they live, or whatever else B has not openly shared before.) User B does not want user A to continue to do that... User B can ask admin to delete the information, without having to say whether A's claims about B are true or false. Admin will then delete all posts of A where (s)he purports to disclose B's personal information.

Here are a couple of other quotes from that discussion that I agreed with then, and I agree with now:

BW says:
I wish that instead of an "admin" having to delete posts, the posters show some maturity in this matter. It is okay to have differences, make fun of each other, even abuse each other but there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed and it should be obvious to any educated, cultured adult.

Max says:
i agree with the position that persisting with using someone's real name after they have objected to it is clearly beyond the pale. there's just no justification for it.

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm

trofimov wrote:
The current policy is that Admin cannot unilaterally edit/delete posts. Admin needs a request from either the poster or the person affected. The person making the request does not need to acknowledge that the information is true, only that they would like the information removed.

https://such.forumotion.com/t4792-regarding-hellsangel-s-persistent-usage-of-purported-real-names-of-posters-he-disagrees-with

User A claims to disclose personal information about user B (by referring to them by a name other than handle B, or by referring to their occupation, place they live, or whatever else B has not openly shared before.) User B does not want user A to continue to do that... User B can ask admin to delete the information, without having to say whether A's claims about B are true or false. Admin will then delete all posts of A where (s)he purports to disclose B's personal information.

Here are a couple of other quotes from that discussion that I agreed with then, and I agree with now:

BW says:
I wish that instead of an "admin" having to delete posts, the posters show some maturity in this matter. It is okay to have differences, make fun of each other, even abuse each other but there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed and it should be obvious to any educated, cultured adult.

Max says:
i agree with the position that persisting with using someone's real name after they have objected to it is clearly beyond the pale. there's just no justification for it.

So bw says the poster should show some maturity ... that ain't happenin'

Max says there is no justification for the persistent use of someone's real name ... that's happenin'

So what gives?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm

trofimov wrote:

Wait... if a poster request that some info/post/thread be removed, that is all that is needed? A poster can feel offended by anything that may be said in a post. This is like taking punitive action based on any PIL.

Suppose I "feel" offended by any post by BW that does not recognize my presence. I hereby "request" that all her posts be removed.

no no no no.... we need a duly-elected committee to overhaul this "policy"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
trofimov wrote:After the end of the first day of polling, this is how the results look.

The current policy will continue so long as at least one-third of the active voting members here support it. Now that this poll has taken place and votes clearly and openly cast, it will be easy for those who want a more interventionist admin to see the other point of view. Hopefully that reduces demands for intervention when the policy does not support that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm

trofimov wrote:

Wait... if a poster request that some info/post/thread be removed, that is all that is needed? A poster can feel offended by anything that may be said in a post. This is like taking punitive action based on any PIL.

Suppose I "feel" offended by any post by BW that does not recognize my presence. I hereby "request" that all her posts be removed.

Upps: I presume that the policy only applies if someone's private information is revealed i.e., if bw reveals something about you. That said, I am confused about the terminology too.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm

trofimov wrote:The current policy is that Admin cannot unilaterally edit/delete posts. Admin needs a request from either the poster or the person affected. The person making the request does not need to acknowledge that the information is true, only that they would like the information removed.

You misunderstand the policy. It only applies to private information as defined in the policy, and any requests to delete content that do not have any private information (real or purported) will be ignored by admin.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Upps: I presume that the policy only applies if someone's private information is revealed i.e., if bw reveals something about you. That said, I am confused about the terminology too.
That is correct.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm

trofimov wrote:
trofimov wrote:The current policy is that Admin cannot unilaterally edit/delete posts. Admin needs a request from either the poster or the person affected. The person making the request does not need to acknowledge that the information is true, only that they would like the information removed.

You misunderstand the policy. It only applies to private information as defined in the policy, and any requests to delete content that do not have any private information (real or purported) will be ignored by admin.

So porn, legal or illegal is OK?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
trofimov wrote:

Porn is not a violation of privacy policy. This forum is governed by Forumotion's policies. Those restrict porn and particularly anything illegal.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
trofimov wrote:

BW says:

Max says:

Max says there is no justification for the persistent use of someone's real name ... that's happenin'

So what gives?
We are dealing with malicious and immature behavior from a few individuals. My recommendation for the remaining members is to ignore their attention-seeking antics.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:44 pm

trofimov wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
trofimov wrote:

BW says:

Max says:

So what gives?
We are dealing with malicious and immature behavior from a few individuals. My recommendation for the remaining members is to ignore their attention-seeking antics.

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? - Page 2 3077217049

Man..you are taking this all too seriously... You do a good job and do what you think is best WITHIN reasonable limits.

I keep needling you and you keep falling for it. Do what you think is best at that point and that is that. Dont over-explain or even explain

Just follow Sher Khan's approach.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:53 pm

trofimov wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Porn is not a violation of privacy policy. This forum is governed by Forumotion's policies. Those restrict porn and particularly anything illegal.

Only if it is reported. For those who want to report it in future:

https://such.forumotion.com/abuse?page=%2F&report=1
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 pm

trofimov wrote:

The current policy will continue so long as at least one-third of the active voting members here support it. Now that this poll has taken place and votes clearly and openly cast, it will be easy for those who want a more interventionist admin to see the other point of view. Hopefully that reduces demands for intervention when the policy does not support that.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i have considerable sympathy for the position in which adm. glutimov finds himself. the objective of his repeated appeals for policy changes is to lower his laundry bills, for every time [employer name removed by Admin] is mentioned here, [name removed by admin] p00ps in his pants.

Open poll: do you support a more active enforcement of privacy at SuCH? - Page 2 Lamemeter
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 am

Oh. I never voted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2