Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Decides Our Success?

3 posters

Go down

What Decides Our Success? Empty What Decides Our Success?

Post by FluteHolder Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

What Decides Our Success? Empty Re: What Decides Our Success?

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:57 am

Here is another take,

“There are five causes of all actions as given in the Samkhya, wherein is found the end (realization or fruition) of all works;” (the Gita: Ch. 18 –V. 13)

“The body, the lower ‘I am’ (embodied soul), the means of perception, the means of action, the Fate; these are the five.” (the Gita: Ch. 18 – V. 14)
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am

I decide my success or my failure. Where we are in life is because of the choices we made and hence there is no point in either questioning it or complaining about it.

---morning gyan by swamini impy

I also cannot view the video in your post nor did I understand what sevaji posted.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 am

Impedimenta wrote:I decide my success or my failure. Where we are in life is because of the choices we made and hence there is no point in either questioning it or complaining about it.

---morning gyan by swamini impy

I also cannot view the video in your post nor did I understand what sevaji posted.
Just think about it Impy. These are the 5 things which inspire a person to act, eventually also resulting in his / her success or failure in that endeavor.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Here is another take,

“There are five causes of all actions as given in the Samkhya, wherein is found the end (realization or fruition) of all works;” (the Gita: Ch. 18 –V. 13)

“The body, the lower ‘I am’ (embodied soul), the means of perception, the means of action, the Fate; these are the five.” (the Gita: Ch. 18 – V. 14)
In the above, the 'body' also includes mind, intellect and ego (according to the Samkhya). The means of perception includes the capabilities and considerations for proper evaluation of situation and problem / assignment beforehand. The means of action includes the tools and resources etc. necessary / available for a particular action under consideration.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down