Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dental question

+5
Hellsangel
indophile
garam_kuta
Uppili
pravalika nanda
9 posters

Go down

dental question Empty dental question

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 am

guys, i floss but i don't really feel that it helps. i'm convinced it's causing gaps in between my teeth. what do you think? to floss or not to floss?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

dental question Empty Re: dental question

Post by Uppili Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 am

pravalika nanda wrote:guys, i floss but i don't really feel that it helps. i'm convinced it's causing gaps in between my teeth. what do you think? to floss or not to floss?

Lady: Don't you know none of us here on SuCH have any teeth?

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am

Uppili wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:guys, i floss but i don't really feel that it helps. i'm convinced it's causing gaps in between my teeth. what do you think? to floss or not to floss?

Lady: Don't you know none of us here on SuCH have any teeth?

ah.. the good heads Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

I vote for floss any time. If you are concerned about gaps in between teeth, use a thin floss. The best kind floss, of course, is unwaxed floss, if you can find it in any regular drug stores these days. Looks like dentists had campaigned to get it out of the market to keep their business. Floss and Sonicaire should keep your teeth healthy between dental visits.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 am

A poster caption at a dental office, "You don't need to floss all your teeth. Just floss the ones you want to keep". That's how important flossing is, more than brushing. The secret to healthy gums and teeth is flossing. There's no way of getting between the teeth except flossing. Flossing is just not to clear up plaque and food debris from between the teeth. More importantly, it mechanically disrupts the bacterial network so that the bacteria don't form their colonies and attack the gums and teeth.

Flossing doesn't cause spaces between the teeth. You sense that probably coz stuff is cleared up between the teeth and there's no build up. We sometimes hear ppl say, 'we nvr had spaces between my teeth before, but after the teeth cleaning, i got these new spaces.' Ya right! You had all the tartar build up before filling up the spaces. Now that you it all cleared, you see the spaces.
If the spaces are caused by drifting of the teeth coz of periodontal disease, then all the more reason for you to floss and floss more.

Another fear that ppl have: flossing might knock out the crowns and bridges. It doesn't. If it does happen, then they are defective and would've come off anyway sooner or later, flossing or no flossing.

So yeah, floss floss and floss, at least once daily. Twice is ideal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am

Janice, now-a-days they don't teach oral hygiene to nurses?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 am

Hellsangel wrote:Janice, now-a-days they don't teach oral hygiene to nurses?

pravalika mcnutty is a nurse????

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Janice, now-a-days they don't teach oral hygiene to nurses?

pravalika mcnutty is a nurse????
Yes sir. Like Nurse Betty.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

this is a great thread to tell you all about my great polish uncle Mariutsz MakiIskiAurUski. he once said to me - and i was two and a half then -, "it is always in your genes, no matter what your sins."

now that i think about his words, it dawns upon me. i think he meant to say that your physical attributes are determined the moment you are born. if he were to advise you today, he would tell you not to worry about floss because when you will need dentures is already decided by your DNA.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:46 am

I love flossing, whenever I could get to it. It's sorta therepuetic to me. Kinda like the same pleasure I get when I shine a stainless steel clean, or windex a mirror without a single smudge, or dust the furnitures, or take out every stain from every corner of the house.

There is a floss in my purse, in the sidetable by my rickety rocking chair, and in my bathroom. Bought the pack from costco. It feels so good to first rinse your mouth after eating, and the either do tooth pick or floss. It feels good when nothing comes out, it feels better when some stuck food comes out. But it feels horrid when some plaque comes out. I go back to flossing 2 more times in that case. But when it really sets a panick (And this has happened 2 or 3 times so far), is when the plaque has that funky old-food smell. That's when I begin hyperventilating.

Besides, I sometimes have an imaginary conversation with the germs that were planning to feast in my mouth in the night. I tell them 'boo yaaa'. More so when I top it off with a mouth rinse in the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:I love flossing, whenever I could get to it. It's sorta therepuetic to me. Kinda like the same pleasure I get when I shine a stainless steel clean, or windex a mirror without a single smudge, or dust the furnitures, or take out every stain from every corner of the house.

There is a floss in my purse, in the sidetable by my rickety rocking chair, and in my bathroom. Bought the pack from costco. It feels so good to first rinse your mouth after eating, and the either do tooth pick or floss. It feels good when nothing comes out, it feels better when some stuck food comes out. But it feels horrid when some plaque comes out. I go back to flossing 2 more times in that case. But when it really sets a panick (And this has happened 2 or 3 times so far), is when the plaque has that funky old-food smell. That's when I begin hyperventilating.

Besides, I sometimes have an imaginary conversation with the germs that were planning to feast in my mouth in the night. I tell them 'boo yaaa'. More so when I top it off with a mouth rinse in the night.

good to see you sticking to a 3 para format on every topic, small or big. consistency is what I look for.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm

PN, you have gaps between your teeth? somehow i don't feel so threatened by you anymore.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:47 pm

You mean like this

dental question Toothless
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 pm

good teeth are number 1 on guys' dating preference list. i know u go to speed dating events etc. so yes to floss. very imp.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:27 pm

seven wrote:good teeth are number 1 on guys' dating preference list. i know u go to speed dating events etc. so yes to floss. very imp.

** oh yeah, i forgot to update you guys on that.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:27 pm

nenu wrote:A poster caption at a dental office, "You don't need to floss all your teeth. Just floss the ones you want to keep". That's how important flossing is, more than brushing. The secret to healthy gums and teeth is flossing. There's no way of getting between the teeth except flossing. Flossing is just not to clear up plaque and food debris from between the teeth. More importantly, it mechanically disrupts the bacterial network so that the bacteria don't form their colonies and attack the gums and teeth.

Flossing doesn't cause spaces between the teeth. You sense that probably coz stuff is cleared up between the teeth and there's no build up. We sometimes hear ppl say, 'we nvr had spaces between my teeth before, but after the teeth cleaning, i got these new spaces.' Ya right! You had all the tartar build up before filling up the spaces. Now that you it all cleared, you see the spaces.
If the spaces are caused by drifting of the teeth coz of periodontal disease, then all the more reason for you to floss and floss more.

Another fear that ppl have: flossing might knock out the crowns and bridges. It doesn't. If it does happen, then they are defective and would've come off anyway sooner or later, flossing or no flossing.

So yeah, floss floss and floss, at least once daily. Twice is ideal.

** thanks guys, will floss.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
seven wrote:good teeth are number 1 on guys' dating preference list. i know u go to speed dating events etc. so yes to floss. very imp.

** oh yeah, i forgot to update you guys on that.

Waiting. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 pm

working in a doctor's office and asking basic hygiene questions is like me asking 3GPP2 standards questions on over here. just saying

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Talking about dating. BFF had suggested to hook me up with someone she knows. When she called a week later, I talked and talked and talked. Didn't give her a chance to start any new topic. The most she could speak was to answer my questions about herself and her family. I talked for 1.5 hours out of the 2 hour call.

Talk about pressure. *Phew*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm

you can run. you can hide. and talk too, in ur case. but you cannot escape huahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down