Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

childhood memories

+6
Merlot Daruwala
Idéfix
Uppili
goodcitizn
Kris
yogi
10 posters

Go down

childhood memories Empty childhood memories

Post by yogi Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:28 pm

childhood memories 5714_10152659007335072_1975755180_n

I did 1,2,3,5,7,8,10 Cool

What about you guys?
yogi
yogi

Back to top Go down

childhood memories Empty Re: childhood memories

Post by Kris Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm

yogi wrote:childhood memories 5714_10152659007335072_1975755180_n

What about you guys?

2 & 10. I occasionally still do 3 (the fridge light thing). I have seen my kids do 4 but with hotel doors. This was when they were below 10.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Done all except pen and fox thing.

On day before holi, would play holi in school with fountain pen ink. Splash the pen across each others uniforms. Only until elementary school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Done all except pen and fox thing.

On day before holi, would play holi in school with fountain pen ink. Splash the pen across each others uniforms. Only until elementary school.

>>> I didn't understand the pen point thing, but remember splashing ink at other kids (and vice versa) on April 1st. I also remember my cousin cutting a potato in half and inking in AF, which would leave an imprint when you pressed it on someone.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Kris wrote:

>>> I didn't understand the pen point thing, but remember splashing ink at other kids (and vice versa) on April 1st. I also remember my cousin cutting a potato in half and inking in AF, which would leave an imprint when you pressed it on someone.

Those were fountain pen days, Kris. I also did the potato AF stamp imprint on schoolmates. Still brings me a chuckle.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:27 pm

done all except 1,4,5,9

6 i still do smtimes =P~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:29 pm

we didnt get to write with fountain pens until after 5th standard and ball pen in 11th and 12th..useless rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:51 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

Those were fountain pen days, Kris. I also did the potato AF stamp imprint on schoolmates. Still brings me a chuckle.

>>>Wonder why I ever gave it up. It seems lie it could come in handy at the office as a screening tool, when you are asked to pick team members for special projects. AF1's definitely in, AF 2's -so-so, AF 3's- no (1 being highest in idiocy)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

in my youth???

I still do....Razz

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 pm

I plead guilty to 1, 2, 5, 8 and 10. I didn't have the opportunity to do the others, or else I might have done those too.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 am

Wow...an eerily accurate list of things we did as kids. Only 2 things I never did was 9 & 10.

And on #6, instead of cake mix, my favorite was red papad dough. I also liked to eat Amul milk powder, Complan and Bournvita as described in #1.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Wow...an eerily accurate list of things we did as kids. Only 2 things I never did was 9 & 10.

And on #6, instead of cake mix, my favorite was red papad dough. I also liked to eat Amul milk powder, Complan and Bournvita as described in #1.
i ate maggi chicken cubes, coca cola cubes (we used to get those then) and parsi dairy farm milk from the bottle (my aunt used to get very angry). the milk bottles, a novelty, made drinking from the bottle irresistible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 am

i did 1, 2 and 8
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am

Ohhh now i know what #5 is. That is those multiple ink ball point pen that had that small switches on top. Lol. That's the one I do even now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 am

i miss my sheaffer fountain pen and royal blue chelpark or sulekha ink. sheaffer was the best. the pen looked somewhat like this:

childhood memories SHE9472_0_Sheaffer_Sagaris_FP_Brushed_Chrome5

i miss the penwala too who had a table outside the school. he could fix all pens and even make pens. i miss the churan wala too -- one tangy churan had small crystals in it that i thought must be some acid crystals. and the jhalmooriwala (best jhalmoori in the world) that had his patented chutney in it. and the shredded-ice gola wala:

childhood memories Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-vSlIKKzQrTVm--s3AoC8UNb01ZO5YwUu109l4acK3nvMXfxTg

and the puchkawala. and the mutton roll wala that i took fancy to in high school. and the... why am i being childish now? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 am

Kris wrote:
yogi wrote:childhood memories 5714_10152659007335072_1975755180_n

What about you guys?

2 & 10. I occasionally still do 3 (the fridge light thing). I have seen my kids do 4 but with hotel doors. This was when they were below 10.

I have done 2,3,7 and 8
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 am

i had a bad childhood which is why i am drinking at 9:21 AM.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 am

Impedimenta wrote:i had a bad childhood which is why i am drinking at 9:21 AM.

Sorry, first I thought you are joking and I was gonna reply back, 'me too. Drinking tea'. But then I saw you posting alcohol in the other thread.

For all I know, imps, you still may be just BSing (I do it all the time). But still wanted to make sure you are all right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

Sorry, first I thought you are joking and I was gonna reply back, 'me too. Drinking tea'. But then I saw you posting alcohol in the other thread.

For all I know, imps, you still may be just BSing (I do it all the time). But still wanted to make sure you are all right.
pure, unadulterated BS. it's the iyer men who drink in the morning not the women. my yearsssssssssss of "observing" the tambrahms has led me to establish this as a fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

pure, unadulterated BS. it's the iyer men who drink in the morning not the women. my yearsssssssssss of "observing" the tambrahms has led me to establish this as a fact.

Lol. Explains GK's spirited emoticons. Smile

Well. Ya it's Monday morning when people go to work. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

The only time I drank in day time was once at 7:00 am. Had beer (not more than 5 sips) from a can that was lying in the kitchen. Guess I was pissed or something. It triggered a migraine. That was the first and last time I ever had beer, morning noon or night. And that was the first and last time I drank to cure my mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol. Explains GK's spirited emoticons. Smile
ha ha ha!
The only time I drank in day time was once at 7:00 am. Had beer (not more than 5 sips) from a can that was lying in the kitchen. Guess I was pissed or something. It triggered a migraine. That was the first and last time I ever had beer, morning noon or night.
same story here. i once had a few drinks in the day time in college and got a splitting headache. haven't imbibed alcohol in the day time since!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Lol. Explains GK's spirited emoticons. Smile
ha ha ha!
The only time I drank in day time was once at 7:00 am. Had beer (not more than 5 sips) from a can that was lying in the kitchen. Guess I was pissed or something. It triggered a migraine. That was the first and last time I ever had beer, morning noon or night.
same story here. i once had a few drinks in the day time in college and got a splitting headache. haven't imbibed alcohol in the day time since!

Also. And that was the first and last time I drank to cure my mood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

I can't watch cricket without a beer in my hand. So my earliest is 11am. And no, there were no ill-effects. Other than the sheer despair of seeing the India team get a pasting of their lives.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I was joking. but thanks for asking. Really appreciate it.

HK e-bhaiya - my other "make me your sister" petition is being ignored by rishi. can you please tell him the "pros" of making me his sister?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

I was joking. but thanks for asking. Really appreciate it.

HK e-bhaiya - my other "make me your sister" petition is being ignored by rishi. can you please tell him the "pros" of making me his sister?
i sure will if you tell me the "cons" of making you delist me from e-bhaiya status. i do not mind passing an ailment to rishi by contact.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 pm

i did 2, 3, 8, 9. about #7: my uncle took me to the tailors once in india to get a dress made and there was extra cloth and he told the tailor not to waste it and to just add a cape to the dress (it was not detachable). more recently my uncle picked up a jogging suit for me, i had to give it to my brother-in-law who is 6'3".

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:i did 2, 3, 8, 9. about #7: my uncle took me to the tailors once in india to get a dress made and there was extra cloth and he told the tailor not to waste it and to just add a cape to the dress (it was not detachable). more recently my uncle picked up a jogging suit for me, i had to give it to my brother-in-law who is 6'3".

My great grandfather took me and my 2 uncles, when I was 4 yrs old, to a tailor and stitched 3 shorts for each of us.

They fitted me just fine when I was in grade 10.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down