Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA games

5 posters

Go down

NBA games Empty NBA games

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 pm

dunno if anyone is following NBA or not...but watching miami games lately is stunning. 24 unbeaten games, coming back from large deficits to beat good teams etc. I've never seen a beast like lebron, not mj, not kobe. amazing.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

NBA games Empty Re: NBA games

Post by truthbetold Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Lebron style is more close to ex nba forward karl malone of utah.
I s heat a serious repeat champion?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 pm

karl malone never had lebron's combination of speed, athleticism with strength. he just had a solid postup game with strength. there really isnt anyone that you can compare lebron's game with - closest used to be magic but that's in the past. you havent been watching any regular season games have you?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Lebron style is more close to ex nba forward karl malone of utah.
I s heat a serious repeat champion?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 pm

I stopped watching nba around the time jordan left. I watched lebron in few games. He is very good. He did not impress me enough to rank him with jordan. He seems to have become mu h better team player since he went to miami.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 am

saw the game last night. Bulls out-physicaled them. Hack a Lebron worked very well.

with no Rose/Noah, they handed it to the Heat.

It is going to be a fun post-season with all these teams.

But Heat will win in a 7-game series.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 am

doofus_maximus wrote:saw the game last night. Bulls out-physicaled them. Hack a Lebron worked very well.

with no Rose/Noah, they handed it to the Heat.

It is going to be a fun post-season with all these teams.

But Heat will win in a 7-game series.

that was after 25 or so straight wins. am sure any team will have an off night once in a while. bulls, knicks, celtics etc have no prayer in a playoff series. indiana might give them a bit of trouble with their defense but not sure if they're paired in the playoffs or not

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 am

I agree that the win streak was wearing them down. Glad it is over now and they can concentrate on prepping for the post season.

Indiana's big men will post huge issues for the Heat, but with Lebron playing lights out no one can stop the Heat. Knicks with Carmelo isn't going anywhere. Celtics are too old and don't stand a chance.

spurs vs heat will be the finals I believe. Heat in 6. I am not sold on Thunder. Without Harden they look weaker than last year. I love them to get another chance against the Heat, but I don't think it will happen.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:57 am

yeah it made no sense why they traded harden, the one guy that played lights out in post season. havent kept up with how he's doing in houston but definitely a loss for thunder. also see spurs coming out of the west

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

I have not been watching too many NBA games this season, but will start paying more attention now.

It's good that the Heat' streak was broken..they can chill and do better now. It's easy to come up with many nice terms-word associations to describe Michael..with LeBron it's just two- "awe..awesome". I like D-Wade too.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Maria S wrote:I have not been watching too many NBA games this season, but will start paying more attention now.

It's good that the Heat' streak was broken..they can chill and do better now. It's easy to come up with many nice terms-word associations to describe Michael..with LeBron it's just two- "awe..awesome". I like D-Wade too.

Mariajee,

you following the tournament.. my bracket is all sorts of screwed. 2 teams in my final four are already out.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:57 pm

DMjee!

Not very closely..so no real predictions..I hope both teams from your State- Michigan and Michigan State do well! I like Ohio State too.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:12 pm

LOL..some bulls fans.
NBA games WZeKr8d
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:38 am

From the three teams I liked..2/3 is not bad! Michigan and Ohio State still remain in the elite 8.
I will add Wichita State to my like list (no idea who they were before!)..but they play against Ohio State next..so only one of them will make it to the final 4.
We'll see!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:54 pm

MI state coach Izzo was outcoached by Mike Krzyzweski i thought.
Duke defense looked impenetrable.

my final four has louisville and florida. I have Louisville beating Duke in the elite eight, which might not happen. Let us see.

Michigan and OSU are lucky to be here. Played poorly until the final minutes and somehow got through.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:25 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:MI state coach Izzo was outcoached by Mike Krzyzweski i thought.
Duke defense looked impenetrable.

my final four has louisville and florida. I have Louisville beating Duke in the elite eight, which might not happen. Let us see.

Michigan and OSU are lucky to be here. Played poorly until the final minutes and somehow got through.

Blah, blah, blah..DM jee..have some faith (lucky, bucky)..Yay! My pick MI (and "your" M team whopped Florida just now!)

Not the media..no one seemed to talk about MI!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 am

i lost the bracket challenge in our group by 6 points to a girl who doesn't watch any bball.
Both had Louisville going to final four and she already has 6 points more than me. We both had all the other three wrong. Should have picked MI over Fl.
I am bummed..

Louisville the emotional favorites. Heart warming to see the players wearing Kevin Ware jersey after the victory.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:27 am

doofus_maximus wrote:i lost the bracket challenge in our group by 6 points to a girl who doesn't watch any bball.
Both had Louisville going to final four and she already has 6 points more than me. We both had all the other three wrong. Should have picked MI over Fl.
I am bummed..

Louisville the emotional favorites. Heart warming to see the players wearing Kevin Ware jersey after the victory.

Now that is terrible..NOT! You go unknown girl! I like your sense of humor DM:)

On a serious note..it was nice to see good sportsmanship and concern/support for the wounded player from both teams. Yep, they are certainly the emotional fav..just for the fun of it, I am sticking with MI and Wichita to the end.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu May 30, 2013 11:12 am

Hello DUT and other NBA followers!

Are you watching the playoffs?

I just watched one game in the West Conf. finals and one in the East Conf..since it's a crucial 5th game in the ECF tonight, may watch it.

LeBron and his team..well something is missing (not just looking at the numbers)..the heat and fire has to be turned up...they seem to be taking the Pacers for granted.

Speaking of impressive..sometimes personal problems drain people and there is no motivation, sometimes it fires them up and makes them focussed..and makes them do what they do well..in this case, the very boring Mr. Duncan seems to be on fire (good for him, I may even cheer for him in the championships, which I have not done before!)..of course, kudos to Tony Parker!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Maria S wrote:Hello DUT and other NBA followers!

Are you watching the playoffs?

I just watched one game in the West Conf. finals and one in the East Conf..since it's a crucial 5th game in the ECF tonight, may watch it.

LeBron and his team..well something is missing (not just looking at the numbers)..the heat and fire has to be turned up...they seem to be taking the Pacers for granted.

Speaking of impressive..sometimes personal problems drain people and there is no motivation, sometimes it fires them up and makes them focussed..and makes them do what they do well..in this case, the very boring Mr. Duncan seems to be on fire (good for him, I may even cheer for him in the championships, which I have not done before!)..of course, kudos to Tony Parker!

Oh! you're talking about Tim Duncan (what happened?), I thought Lebron's mom started an affair with one of Heat players or something.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

great call regardign spurs, DM. hopefully heat will prevail over indiana these next couple of games. maria, regarding duncan he's playing good but parker and the couple of no-names they seem to add successfully into pop's system seem to be working out very well for them. far as miami goes, their match up problems with pacers was well known. hopefully lebron will prevail next couple of games

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 am

Yes DUT..and LeBron was hot last night!
Looks like D_M's prediction was on the mark:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Imagine if Lebron's last second shot in Game 1 had not went in, Series would have been over. Regardless of game 7 outcome, Heat are proven that they're not invincible nor as good as their regular season run.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes, they are certainly not invincible..erratic now (and that's just referring to LeBron!) the rest are just cold..and as I said one post ago..seem to be taking the Pacers for granted- something is missing.

As much as I like LeBron and even if they win game 7 (with the home town crowd), and win or not..I am going to cheer for Mr. DULL Duncan and his teammate Perky Parker and the Spurs in the Championships:) LeBron is fun to watch and extremely capable but..can't do it all on his own.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:21 am

I was cheering for Mr. Dull Duncan, who was as boring as ever.. and the Perky Parker (was fab and lucky last night)..Game one is done..NBA games 459784477

Sorry LeBron..like you a lot, but you got to earn it..and may be you will, if your teammates come to play with you, and get lucky.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down