Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Test Match

+2
Uppili
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

4th Test Match Empty 4th Test Match

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Hung in balance. Good show by Jadeja, have to agree he has been the one bright spot for India in this series.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

4th Test Match Empty Re: 4th Test Match

Post by Uppili Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Hung in balance. Good show by Jadeja, have to agree he has been the one bright spot for India in this series.

I am right... (as always).

One should compare the bowling by Jadeja and Ojha. Both bowled same number of overs and one just need to look at the runs scored and wickets taken.

Indian selectors have the nasty habit of converting alrounders into Pseudo batsmen while killing their bowling skills. With the exception of Kapil dev, the list is long with Durani, Abid Ali, Solkar and Mohinder Amarnath.

Jadeja looks like the odd one becoming a more versatile bowler then a batsman. He is fast being recognized for his bowling. I am hoping he scores a couple of centuries soon and establish himself as a credible alrounder.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 pm

to be more precise, his bowling. that has surprised many. heck, he has been better than ashwin or ojha and is underbowled.

shane warne was right. just when indian openers were cruising along, he tweeted predicting that first wicket will change the complexion of the game.

umpiring has been poor throughout the series. today, SRT should have been out twice before he reached 10. dhoni didn't get any warning for running on the pitch. i am sure there'll be more howlers in the match.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:to be more precise, his bowling. that has surprised many. heck, he has been better than ashwin or ojha and is underbowled.

shane warne was right. just when indian openers were cruising along, he tweeted predicting that first wicket will change the complexion of the game.

umpiring has been poor throughout the series. today, SRT should have been out twice before he reached 10. dhoni didn't get any warning for running on the pitch. i am sure there'll be more howlers in the match.

I cannot believe why they sent in Pujara to open. Are they thinking that Rahane is a better middle order bat than his claim as an opener? What is it with the Indian selectors "converting" a batsman's position. How about sending SRT as an opener- he mostly scores only in the 30s/40s, instead of ruining Pujara's growth as a future Dravid?

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Uppili wrote:I cannot believe why they sent in Pujara to open. Are they thinking that Rahane is a better middle order bat than his claim as an opener? What is it with the Indian selectors "converting" a batsman's position. How about sending SRT as an opener- he mostly scores only in the 30s/40s, instead of ruining Pujara's growth as a future Dravid?

i agree with that. i hope they don't play with pujara's position like they played with RSD's. rahane should have opened because he was selected in dhawan's place anyway. he has opened in ODIs and he has opened in T20s. i think this is dhoni's magnanimity in selecting rahane to play in the middle order because that's where rahane is comfortable. but i think he should have been asked to open.

not a bad idea to open with SRT. ain't as if he is scoring doubles and triples at #4. btw, this has to be his last test in india. his brother came to watch. i wonder if he will retire after this match. it would be queer to retire after say, SA series or NZ series, because a player like him has to retire in india. i will check if he fields with his glasses on tomorrow.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:21 pm

why do spinners have odd chest on actions and weird approaches to the crease these days? what happened to the pure side-on approach of bishen singh bedi? or how about this passage of play:

two great leggies operating at the peak of their powers. stuart macgill was one of the most underrated bowlers of his era. too bad he had to play along side the greatest leggie to have ever played the game. but this passage of play is a treat for purists who love this game.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 pm

BTW, if there is a revelation in this series, then it is m vijay. he has stopped being cocky and has valued his wicket. no longer jr mohd kaif. Smile
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:why do spinners have odd chest on actions and weird approaches to the crease these days? what happened to the pure side-on approach of bishen singh bedi? or how about this passage of play:

two great leggies operating at the peak of their powers. stuart macgill was one of the most underrated bowlers of his era. too bad he had to play along side the greatest leggie to have ever played the game. but this passage of play is a treat for purists who love this game.

in my opinion, warne was the GOAT. and mcgill was as good as any other spinners playing for other countries at that time.

this is t20, but look how warne plots.

Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm

one more vid of the GOAT revealing how he plotted and planned.

Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Captain Bhankas wrote:BTW, if there is a revelation in this series, then it is m vijay. he has stopped being cocky and has valued his wicket. no longer jr mohd kaif. Smile

Good he realized and "recovered" soon. Another year he would have been forgotten and ignored. Hopefully, he will understand and continue his "test-game" Of course, who knows what the coming IPL will do to all these batsmen - yet again.

I still think they should groom Mukund - he is still only 21 or 22.

Coming to spinners, the easy, quick, and simplest actions are that of Bedi, VV Kumar (the 2-test wonder from the early 60s), and Prasana/Venkat/Gibbs

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Not having Pujara at #3 robbed us of the solidity he provides after the fall of the first wicket IMO. The first wicket fell and then it was all downhill from there.
If we can eke out 30-40 runs more it will be great. And then I hope BK can knock off the Oz top order once again.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:44 pm

nevada wrote:Not having Pujara at #3 robbed us of the solidity he provides after the fall of the first wicket IMO. The first wicket fell and then it was all downhill from there.
If we can eke out 30-40 runs more it will be great. And then I hope BK can knock off the Oz top order once again.

This is pretty much repeat of our first innings effort in the 3rd test albeit on a smaller scale, basically exposing our middle order woes, which has been the case for over a 2 year period now.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Rahane is not helping himself when all of india is looking at him. He will get a chance in second innings but that will be laxman class test. A second failure may hurt his chances to go to sa.

Australia is slightly ahead at this time with india having to bat last on a turning wicket. 150 to 200 could be a difficult target. 250 to 300 is a sure winner.

Dropping of viru could be a signal to tendulkar to make a decision on his own. At the present level of contribution, srt's time is up.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 am

They wrapped up in 3 days. Pujara seems to be pretty good at chasing 2nd innings totals not letting the team choke (second against Aussies, isn't it?). Is this first ever clean sweep for India?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 am

no. there was a 3-0 sweep before(nz). this is the first 4-0.
vijay and jadeja helped themselves to a run in tests. shikar was a revelation. ashwin regained his role as.prime wicket taker in Indian conditions. pujara proved he can David with aggression at least in Indian conditions. he is mocking Indian selectors who ignored him odi format. dhoni regained his captains clout.
India did what it has to do to sweep the series.
but every one is aware Sa is a different cricketing world.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm

truthbetold wrote: ashwin regained his role as.prime wicket taker in Indian conditions.

lately even that has been difficult for indian bowlers. outside indian conditions they don't take wickets anyway. this series may have been the last one played by harbhajan singh.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm

harbhajan had a good run. he should forget tests and stretch his career as a t20 part time bower and occasional sixer wacking bit role player.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Bhajji Sirji should start a career in fortune telling. His 4-0 prediction was bang on target!
4th Test Match Smiley-love0030

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 am

yeah. i was the first in line to ridicule harbhajan singh. in fact, having seen pattinson, starc in the line-up, i wasn't even sure about the series win. AUS batting made our job infinitely easier.

both the ashes series will go to ENG this year.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down