Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

+29
doofus_maximus
FluteHolder
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
garam_kuta
Nila
pravalika nanda
Miss.Blah
artood2
Mosquito
ashaNirasha
soul.peaceful
truthbetold
pravalika
Propagandhi711
indophile
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
tapori
harharmahadev
Merlot Daruwala
Impedimenta
FreeStyle
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Hellsangel
Rekz
charvaka
33 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm

sounds good. and lol @ "Before eating, add pasta and shrimp in your plate. "

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:sounds good. and lol @ "Before eating, add pasta and shrimp in your plate. "

Smile.Don't know why, the one who gave me the recipe told me not to mix everything in the bowl, but add it in individul plates (like we do for rice and curry) before eating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 am

Young, nubile eggplant made into a south indian curry with sAmbHaji's concoction liberally applied to jasmine rice.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm

kinnera wrote:

1. Boil the pasta... Mix well and keep aside...

2. Before eating, add pasta and shrimp in your plate...

...Sorry, the pix doesn't seem too appetizing.

100 times: "Mix well and set aside"

+

100 times: "add pasta and shrimp to your plate"

+

100 times: the pic doesn't seem too appetizing.

ja?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

ja?

101 times:

pic. not pic

pic. not pic

pic. not pic

ja? na? ja na?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
101 times:

that "1" is for originality your highness. pranam and khamagani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Jeremiah wrote:

100 times: "Mix well and set aside"

+

100 times: "add pasta and shrimp to your plate"

+

ja?

I copied the recipe that i got from my co-worker. americans are not sticklers for english. Only antiquated indians who studied in the old british school system, who have a slavish mentality and a whole load of personality problems are.
Here, do this to work on your issues:

write 100 times: "i need to work on upping my SELF ESTEEM"

100 times: "I need to LOVE myself"

100 times: "I need to do something WORTHWHILE"

Good luck!

"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am

got made poha today (hmmm, let me for once stop performing my caste duties of lying, slandering and cheating and be honest for a change). got made poha today. blabberwock made poha (with potatoes) today and asked me to upload the pic. here as she was in a rush. looks very simple, good and tasty! i had poha yesterday incidentally (with potatoes & peanuts in it) and i had it with ketchup (that's how i like my poha).

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 20120511

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: blabberwock made poha (with potatoes) today and asked me to upload the pic. here as she was in a rush.

Ok, so you got a SUCHini to make you breakfast. Go ahead and gloat, Hoozay. In fact, I think that is your sole reason for posting this.

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i had poha yesterday incidentally (with potatoes & peanuts in it) and i had it with ketchup (that's how i like my poha).

You must like poha a lot to have it two days in a row. Did you ask her to make it or did you have no say in the matter?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 7:42 am

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 23, 2012 7:51 am

that poha looks good huz! i want to make it today. my own treat for myself.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 am

impy that poha was not made by me or my cook. What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 82819051 it was made by blabberwock -- i only posted on her behalf as she was in a rush.

hope you're poha turns out as good though. Smile post pics, ja?

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 am

you are all such show offerers! my poha will kick ass, ok? :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 6:14 am

thayir sadam with alu bhaja (bhajafied with curry leaves and peanuts) and himsagar mangoes for lunch.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-019

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-020

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 am

DAT MANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drool*

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed May 30, 2012 11:42 am

I'm issuing a blanket statement saying I want to make/eat everything that's posted on this thread. this statement applies indefinitely into the future.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 pm

ganpath ram cooked mutton dopyaza for the kids. he had reverse engineered the dish for we frequently order it out from our favourite restaurant, peter cat. peter cat adds tomatoes and peas to their dopyazas. i don't like mutton with peas and thus avoid their keema mattar too. anyway, i took a few snaps.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 Imag0223

with light bulb light.
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 Dsc00710

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm

how many here scoop or suck out the marrow and eat it when done with the mutton dishes?

edit, but not ps: nice pic HK. reminded me I need to eat lunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 pm

i suck out the marrow. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Pret-a-manger tomato cheddar classic sandwich with sea salt potato chips and coke!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am

over chat yesterday, i shared a link with blabberwock: sanjeev kapoor's panner kulcha. i had no idea that she would make it today! she did and she sent me a pic of her kulchas. i was literally stunned by the colours! now i am inspired to have it made tomorrow. anyway, i am posting the pic. she sent me without having her permission to share it here and in utter disregard of her privacy, confidentiality and blah blah blah. keep on gasping vee.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 20120610

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:over chat yesterday, i shared a link with blabberwock: sanjeev kapoor's panner kulcha. i had no idea that she would make it today! she did and she sent me a pic of her kulchas. i was literally stunned by the colours! now i am inspired to have it made tomorrow. anyway, i am posting the pic. she sent me without having her permission to share it here and in utter disregard of her privacy, confidentiality and blah blah blah. keep on gasping vee.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 20120610

You could have left out that little detail and made it sound like she made it for you.

But it's absolutely delicious looking. Have a sudden craving for this....
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Huz, send me the link for the sanjeev kapoor paneer kulchas pls?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

bits here it is: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/paneer-kulcha.aspx

i'm busy giving directions to ganpath ram right now for we are having it for lunch tomorrow with toor/arahar dal. if my pics. are better i'll post them else pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:bits here it is: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/paneer-kulcha.aspx

Seems easy. Wondering if paneer can be substituted with something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Huz thanks bro.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:over chat yesterday, i shared a link with blabberwock: sanjeev kapoor's panner kulcha. i had no idea that she would make it today! she did and she sent me a pic of her kulchas. i was literally stunned by the colours! now i am inspired to have it made tomorrow. anyway, i am posting the pic. she sent me without having her permission to share it here and in utter disregard of her privacy, confidentiality and blah blah blah. keep on gasping vee.

Who is the NI champion now?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:47 am

kinnera wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:bits here it is: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/paneer-kulcha.aspx

it's up to you. you can stuff with peas, potatoes or onions or a combination.

take care to bake them on "convection," else they will come out hard as cricket balls. Razz

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-021

ours finally turned out soft and tasty. had them with thick raita and dal. younger polished 7/8 of them and is carrying them in his tiffin (to school) tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:

it's up to you. you can stuff with peas, potatoes or onions or a combination.

take care to bake them on "convection," else they will come out hard as cricket balls. Razz

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-021

ours finally turned out soft and tasty. had them with thick raita and dal. younger polished 7/8 of them and is carrying them in his tiffin (to school) tomorrow.

Ayyo - am competing with Ganpath Ram. As my kids used to say - "It's not fair!"

PS: My kids ate one each and without any comments. Victory to me. I rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 am

blabberwock wrote:Ayyo - am competing with Ganpath Ram. As my kids used to say - "It's not fair!"

well, you outclasssed him this time! you are the champion of the NIs! but there will be another occasion.

glad your kids liked the kulchas, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by FlowerPower Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:27 am

Hellsangel wrote:

These kulchhas are so delicious looking I am drooling now

FlowerPower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Missed this - a true champion of the NIs will make aloo gobi or gobi aloo, duh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 am

Sad
blabberwock wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-025
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:28 am

Hellsangel wrote: Sad
blabberwock wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-025

hahaha - who is the undisputed champion NOW?

nicely browned and not mashed up - you, da champion of all causes NI!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

Hellsangel wrote: Sad
blabberwock wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

ha ha, that is splendid! now i have a craving for left over or cold alu gobi and rotis now. day after it shall be. btw, i googled searched your image to check if you had filched it from the web. but no you hadn't. you are the bimaru champ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 pm

not yet. i don't see yellow sickly daal. Otherwise HA is a certified NI champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 pm

lolllllll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-028
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

reject. no evidence of fish

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:reject. no evidence of fish
That is coz it is avocado and cucumber.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 pm

alu paratha with sanjiv kapoor's sweet lime pickle. Paratha ended long ago, i am feasting on the pickle still. Use to be staple lunch box in school. Plain paratha with nimbu achar (sometime mango ones, and rarely a sabzi). The best ones were made by grandma, and then the older aunt who lived with her in closeby town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote: i don't see yellow sickly daal.
It will follow soon.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:nimbu achar (sometime mango ones, and rarely a sabzi). The best ones were made by grandma
we had my grandma's nimbu achar that got polished by my sister in 1995 (my wife had inherited the achar bottle but my sister used emotional blackmail to wrangle it from her). the achar was 15 years old then and had partly crystallized but had become ever more delicious.

now we use the nimbu achar made by my mil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
It will follow soon.
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-031
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
It will follow soon.
What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-031

wow, perfect sickly, yellow dal! you Da Champ! you ROCK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 am

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:05 am

gobi-aloo (not aloo-gobi) with moong dal and rotis. gobi-aloo was made using amchur powder.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 15 2012-022

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:27 am

Looks good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:16 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:gobi-aloo (not aloo-gobi) with moong dal and rotis. gobi-aloo was made using amchur powder.
daal, roti, and gobi-aloo? what else is new? does a dog bark? do northindians wear daal-stained pyjamas?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:daal, roti, and gobi-aloo? what else is new?
you will know soon. watch this thread.

paging blabberwock: how did your alu-gobi and dal turn out yesterday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next