Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

+29
doofus_maximus
FluteHolder
Maria S
chameli
Jeremiah Mburuburu
garam_kuta
Nila
pravalika nanda
Miss.Blah
artood2
Mosquito
ashaNirasha
soul.peaceful
truthbetold
pravalika
Propagandhi711
indophile
Kris
MaxEntropy_Man
tapori
harharmahadev
Merlot Daruwala
Impedimenta
FreeStyle
Another Brick
.|Sublime|.
Hellsangel
Rekz
charvaka
33 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:48 pm

kinnera wrote:Telugu has a lot of alphabet and vowel-consonent, consonent-consonent, etc combinations. So almost any complicated sound can be trasliterated into telugu without getting distorted, i guess.
I think you are overstating the case here. Let me give you a few examples of English words that can't be accurately written in Telugu: cat, zebra, fever, thus.

kinnera wrote:As for the the original sanskrit pronunciation, we have the smritis and srutis, with a huge emphasis on pronunciation. As a brahmin, you should know that.
Actually the pronunciation of vedic chants varies between north and south, while pronunciations of southern Indians tend to be quite similar, per my limited exposure.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 Empty Re: What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2]

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:52 pm

kinnera: you should stop preaching and then we can EOD. i am not religious, but i grew up in a super religious household, especially on my mother's side, and my ancestors would be quite upset to hear you say that they didn't learn the vedas properly. they were very erudite sanskrit scholars. and i'll stick to what i said earlier. stratum (in this case substratum since sanskrit is the original) influence absolutely matters when it comes to pronouncing words imported from a root language or even while speaking the root language. to not recognize that is to bury one's head in the sand, not to mention foolish.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
charvaka wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:related q: has every sanskritic sound been absorbed with absolutely no change in telugu?
I don't know about sounds -- and nobody can, because we can't know how Sanskrit was originally pronounced as you mentioned. But there are Sanskrit words that get modified when they get absorbed into Telugu. Borrowed words from Sanskrit are classified into two groups: tatsamas (literally, "same as that") and tadbhavas ("born from that"). The former only acquire a vowel at the end if that by the transformation (e.g. rAmah => rAmu). The latter are words that got transformed while being absorbed into Telugu (e.g. upAdhyAya => ojja).

thanks! very informative. i suspect the colloquial tamil word for a brahmin priest or school teacher, vAthiyAr, is the tamil cognate of ojja. come to think of it two generations ago, vAthiyAr used to be written formally in brahmanical tamil writing as ubAthiyAyar (of which vAthiyAr is a contraction methinks); even closer to the original upAdhyAy! fascinating...

the literary tamil word for school teacher though is Asiriyar.
Asiriyar may be related to the word AchArya. Come to think of it, ojja may be more correctly written as vojja. (In spoken Telugu, we have a habit of dropping the v sound at the beginning of a word if it's followed by the vowel o).
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 pm

charvaka wrote:Asiriyar may be related to the word AchArya.

sounds likely.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 pm

I reject this new development in this food thread because there is no mention of Duckini/Cluckini.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm

my wife calls it dose not dosa. but she's usually wrong on everything

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:I reject this new development in this food thread because there is no mention of Duckini/Cluckini.

this latest development is also rashmun's wet dream, with acknowledgments galore of dravidian words of sanskritic origin. pity he has been besotted by the nizam.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Sasthi in a fit of rage or something said (after you pulled her leg about her English) that regular Bangaloreans converse in Hindi. IDK when she last lived in Bangalore to come up with that nugget. But Rashmun took that as vedavaaku and has started saying that folks in Hyd and Bangalore converse in Duckini.
The whole thread has been my lunch-time reading material for the past two days.

Now this post with all the Sanskrit origin Tamil/Telugu words Rashmun must be in heaven.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:I reject this new development in this food thread because there is no mention of Duckini/Cluckini.

this latest development is also rashmun's wet dream, with acknowledgments galore of dravidian words of sanskritic origin. pity he has been besotted by the nizam.
Yes, the department of weekend linguistics has lost its focus.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Sasthi in a fit of rage or something said (after you pulled her leg about her English) that regular Bangaloreans converse in Hindi. IDK when she last lived in Bangalore to come up with that nugget. But Rashmun took that as vedavaaku and has started saying that folks in Hyd and Bangalore converse in Duckini.
The whole thread has been my lunch-time reading material for the past two days.

Now this post with all the Sanskrit origin Tamil/Telugu words Rashmun must be in heaven.
LOL @ vedavaakku. I think this thread has escaped his scrutiny altogether. He doesn't know we are discussing weekend linguistics subjects here. When he finds out, believe me, this topic is gonna reach 100 pages and nobody other than him, Max and I will ever open it again.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:58 am

Max is right. In Kannada, dosa is ದೋಸೆ or do-say.

But just as Bengaluru becomes Bangalore when transliterated into English, ದೋಸೆ becomes dosa in English. Wokay? So pleej to stick that i some place else. Not after the dosa.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Max is right. In Kannada, dosa is ದೋಸೆ or do-say.

But just as Bengaluru becomes Bangalore when transliterated into English, ದೋಸೆ becomes dosa in English. Wokay? So pleej to stick that i some place else. Not after the dosa.

What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 459784477 got my answer. much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the "ai" to "ay/E" mapping from tamil to kannada is quite consistent in my limited experience as is the "pa" to "ha" mapping also in the same direction.

my favorite example which combines the two mappings is this beautiful place which has a waterfall in TN near the karnataka border, hogEnakal. it literally means a place where water falls on a rock and creates a mist. beautifully poetic and imaginative name! hogE (kannada) = pugai (tamil) = smoke/mist.

eta: pugai is actually the written more formal representation of the word. colloquially it's even closer to kannada -- pogay.

Likewise, could dosai be the formal representation of the word and colloquially, it is pronounced as do-say?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i think he was of thamizh brahmin descent, but i suspect he knew no thamizh.

you do a better job posting wrong answers on trivia. stick to it. ukraine my foot!

don't you know that kuruvilla unkil attempts to collar every conversation into the direction of eastern europe so that he can inform us, for the 127th time, how he undid "their" sarees and found no peTTicoat underneath?

Last edited by Another Brick on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Likewise, could dosai be the formal representation of the word and colloquially, it is pronounced as do-say?

That is indeed correct - Thamizh, being diglossic, has two versions of words in many other instances as well.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:00 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the "ai" to "ay/E" mapping from tamil to kannada is quite consistent in my limited experience as is the "pa" to "ha" mapping also in the same direction.

my favorite example which combines the two mappings is this beautiful place which has a waterfall in TN near the karnataka border, hogEnakal. it literally means a place where water falls on a rock and creates a mist. beautifully poetic and imaginative name! hogE (kannada) = pugai (tamil) = smoke/mist.

eta: pugai is actually the written more formal representation of the word. colloquially it's even closer to kannada -- pogay.

almost. colloquially it's between a full fledged -say and -sai. a slightly shortened sai.

yes diglossia is a funny thing.

anyway my original point being that kinnera's thesis of tamilians trying to dominate and make everything their way has been proven to be hogwash. kannadigas don't really write or say it the same way as telugus. it's not as if there is some non-tamilian dravidian uniformity in food words.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:03 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's irrelevant how it's spelt. after all we are using english to spell indian sounds. i am quite certain kannadigas say do-say. let's page richard-hed and ask him.

lol!

I've heard it used both ways. From my experience - it's usually pronounced as "dosa" for paper-plain-masala-podi-set-raagi varieties - the regular kind. "Dosay" is also used by peepals from Mysore area and especially when referring to varities with various local stuffings like bendekaayi, hirekaayi, avarekaayi or balekaayi...

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 am

Richard Hed wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's irrelevant how it's spelt. after all we are using english to spell indian sounds. i am quite certain kannadigas say do-say. let's page richard-hed and ask him.

lol!

I've heard it used both ways. From my experience - it's usually pronounced as "dosa" for paper-plain-masala-podi-set-raagi varieties - the regular kind. "Dosay" is also used by peepals from Mysore area and especially when referring to varities with various local stuffings like bendekaayi, hirekaayi, avarekaayi or balekaayi...

now you show up! after all the fun is over.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:21 am

Texas hed. So "dosa" it is. If only kinns could step up and give this discussion its "EOD."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 am

Another Brick wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i think he was of thamizh brahmin descent, but i suspect he knew no thamizh.

you do a better job posting wrong answers on trivia. stick to it. ukraine my foot!

don't you know that kuruvilla unkil attempts to collar every conversation into the direction of eastern europe so that he can inform us, for the 127th time, how he undid "their" sarees and found no peTTicoat underneath?

ROFLLL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Richard Hed wrote:

lol!

now you show up! after all the fun is over.

My bad - I just got a new motorbike and am enjoyin' the heck out of it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:52 am

To get the thread back on track.., I wish I had this to go with my eye opener this morning.

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 April_10[/img]

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

omg kinns. you were ashaNirasha?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

kinnera wrote:

Other than that, i don't see much distortion of the original. Telugu has a lot of alphabet and vowel-consonent, consonent-consonent, etc combinations. So almost any complicated sound can be trasliterated into telugu without getting distorted, i guess.

I just want to know why 'rank' and 'bank' used to be transliterated as 'byanku' and 'ryanku'. Also, what was up with Paalasthina for Palestine?

Between the Eenaadu telugu and Hindu English, you were never really sure of anything.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:omg kinns. you were ashaNirasha?

You need that coffee more than I do. Smile

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am

ashaNirasha wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:omg kinns. you were ashaNirasha?

You need that coffee more than I do. Smile

I guess I do. Anyway, long time no see. How are things with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

ashaNirasha wrote:To get the thread back on track.., I wish I had this to go with my eye opener this morning.

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 April_10[/img]

LOL. glad that pic. stimulated your appetite. nice snap with the mug. well what do you know, madam is cooking mysore rasam tomorrow (to go with rice). recipe is from the book .|Sublime|. scanned and posted earlier in this thread. i'll post pics. if it turns out good (like it did the last time).

and, yes, welcome back. Smile

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 am

Good, thanks. Been lurking, but the anniversary reflections made me log in and do my part.

How about yourself? Getting back to work or taking it easy? I remember reading something about all the stuff you wanted to do.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

hey asha, how are you?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Impedimenta wrote:hey asha, how are you?

Hi impy, doing good.

This is for HK, who needs a recipe for rasam, seriously? It is just water and tamarind, that's it.

Btw, sublime seems to be MIA. May be she will show up, now that summer is round the corner.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Sublime began acting universally paranoid by the end of last year. I am hoping she's back to her composed self now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:18 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
This is for HK, who needs a recipe for rasam, seriously? It is just water and tamarind, that's it.

LOL. we flipped through the various other rasam recipes in that book (that .|Sublime|. scanned and posted earlier) but found only mysore rasam palatable. pepper-chilli-cumin rasam looked interesting but it described it as a purgative (that freaked us out) and it carried no toor so we abandoned experimenting with other types of rasams. lemon rasam has toor -- so might try that some time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:hey asha, how are you?

Hi impy, doing good.

Btw, sublime seems to be MIA. May be she will show up, now that summer is round the corner.

aiyaiyooo..this thread hurts me in so many different ways. fine. be that way. jai ho to rasam!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 am

mysore rasam with mixed vegetables sabzi. rasam turned out better than before, but not the pics. (compared to this)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:mysore rasam with mixed vegetables sabzi. rasam turned out better than before, but not the pics. (compared to this)

>>>>This was one my my mother's all-time best items. The spices would be just right too. Used to go well with potatoes which were diced fairly big. The combo was so good that I remember my brother picking a fight with her once since she had cut the potatoes smaller. It was not just a matter of appearance, it was also that the bigger version had different spices (possibly accounting for a reddish tinge)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 9:45 pm

The new super trendy food nowadays seems to be Quinoa. Heard abt it from quite a number of my friends. So googled for it and found it to be pretty nutritious. Made Quinoa upma that a friend suggested today. Hubby and I liked it. Sonny was like, 'I am not even trying that crap'. Anyway, if you are health conscious and want to eat nutritious stuff, you make want to try this.

http://diehardfoodies.blogspot.com/2010/03/quinoa-upma.html

btw, add quinoa to fully cooked veggies, not half cooked ones as the recipe suggested. I followed the recipe and had the veggies a lil undercooked.

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 OlcZj[/img]

[img][Imgur]%28https://i.imgur.com/olcZj%29[/img]

For dinner, I tried homemade pizzas. They came out awesome! Both sonny and hubby loved them and felt that they tasted much better than pizza hut pizzas (and fresh and nutritious too).
[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 MDT7i[/img]

i had the recipe from bittu, but found this special pizza crust yeast and followed the recipe on the packet. Pretty easy!

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 R8kRt[/img]

I couldn't find the pizza sauce that was suggested by B. Found this instead and like it. It's pretty good too.

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 HqM6G[/img]

Used Kraft's mozarella cheese and fresh veggies for toppings. On the whole, it's easy to make and whatever effort you put in is worth it!

I am all set to throw some homemade pizza parties in summer. Tired of making the same old elaborate and hard to make indian dishes for parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 pm

everything looks great kinns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:everything looks great kinns!

thanks tracylu! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 pm

good stuff kins. Glad the pizza came out good. Thanks for posting the quinoa upma link; I'm definitely going to make this soon.

Did you bake the pizza on a stone or a screen? or on a baking sheet/tray?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun May 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Is this price ok? Or buy someplace else?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun May 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Bittu wrote:Is this price ok? Or buy someplace else?

still as domesticated as ever i see. good for TMB.

wife and kids ditched me to go see a movie tonight. made myself a veggie burger with trader joe's patties, pea shoots, and some good guacamole. washed it down with some allagash witbier.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

kinnera wrote:The new super trendy food nowadays seems to be Quinoa. Heard abt it from quite a number of my friends. So googled for it and found it to be pretty nutritious. Made Quinoa upma that a friend suggested today. Hubby and I liked it. Sonny was like, 'I am not even trying that crap'. Anyway, if you are health conscious and want to eat nutritious stuff, you make want to try this.

Kin, this recipe looks better: http://vegetableplatter.blogspot.com/2011/10/quinoa-upma.html

The one you posted from diehardfoodies.com looks too bland. no?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 am

Bittu wrote:
kinnera wrote:The new super trendy food nowadays seems to be Quinoa. Heard abt it from quite a number of my friends. So googled for it and found it to be pretty nutritious. Made Quinoa upma that a friend suggested today. Hubby and I liked it. Sonny was like, 'I am not even trying that crap'. Anyway, if you are health conscious and want to eat nutritious stuff, you make want to try this.

Kin, this recipe looks better: http://vegetableplatter.blogspot.com/2011/10/quinoa-upma.html

1. adding ginger early, before onions would strip of its impact and 2. better to add lemon juice after cooking is done- more like lukewarm temperature so it doesn't impose any bitter taste.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 am

Bittu wrote:Is this price ok? Or buy someplace else?

Expensive. Also, may not be a good idea to buy so much the first time. I bought one pound at the desi store. I paid $2.99, i think.

PS: at work, a lil busy, on iphone. Will get back to this thread once i'm home

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 am

interesting. Didn't know this stuff is available in desi stores.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Bittu wrote:interesting. Didn't know this stuff is available in desi stores.

The desi store that i go to, 'Cherian's' is actually pretty huge and is called an international market. Maybe that's why it has Quinoa. I didn't check in other desi desi stores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Bittu wrote:

Having the Upma with mango pickle for lunch right now. Tastes fine with the pickle. I'll try the recipe that u posted next time. Quinoa is dry raosted here. I didn't do that for mine. That could change the flavor a bit. Yeah green peppers n ginger could add more spice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm

kinnera wrote:
Having the Upma with mango pickle for lunch right now. Tastes fine with the pickle.

k so srs/curious question. Do you eat pickle habitually with food or do you eat it only with bland foods like rice/yogurt, khichdi, plain paratha etc? Point being, if the latter case - as should be - then the upma is probably bland. Personally, I eat pickle only with food that is lacking in flavor or can use some extra kick to make it interesting to the palate.

I mentioned to TMB that I wanna get quinoa. She performed eye rollage and asked if some CHaunty told me about this product. I quickly dismissed that notion and told her I read about it on a health forum.

Lastly but not least-ly, I ran into a neighborhood MILF - the one who flirts with me - but she was with another neighborhood prude, so the conversation was short. Eye contact was plenty and I'm sure she could see boners in both my eyeballs.

later, Bittu

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Bittu wrote:
k so srs/curious question. Do you eat pickle habitually with food or do you eat it only with bland foods like rice/yogurt, khichdi, plain paratha etc? Point being, if the latter case - as should be - then the upma is probably bland. Personally, I eat pickle only with food that is lacking in flavor or can use some extra kick to make it interesting to the palate.

Oh well..it's kinda sorta bland.
k, k kay....it IS bland though i added ground green chillies to it. The
mango pickle did spicy it up and yeah I too eat pickles only with bland
foods. Anyway, forget abt quinoa upmas and pulavs and all. I am going to
substitute it for rice, as i do with oatmeal and going to eat it with
the regular curries, rasam, etc. Had it with bottle gourd curry y'day
and it tasted good.

Bittu wrote:

I mentioned to TMB that I wanna get quinoa. She performed eye rollage and asked if some CHaunty told me about this product. I quickly dismissed that notion and told her I read about it on a health forum.
Same
situation at my home too. When I try (cook/buy) something new, hubby's
regular question is, 'is this coming from your chat friends?' Sometimes, I do give
credit where it's due though.

Bittu wrote:
Lastly but not least-ly, I ran into a neighborhood MILF - the one who flirts with me - but she was with another neighborhood prude, so the conversation was short. Eye contact was plenty and I'm sure she could see boners in both my eyeballs.

later, Bittu

Lol! which one is this? The one whose dad's was an army officer and whose husband looks not so great? Ms. P? Razz

Note: reposting. edited a li'l

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm

I tasted this dish from someone at work. It was absolutely delicious! I had to take the recipe and make it at home. Here's the recipe that she gave:

Ingredients:

Bow tie pasta- 3/4 box
Alfredo sauce (Classico 4 cheese)- 1 1/2 jar
Butter - 1 Tbsp
Garlic minced: 4 spoons
Dash of oregano (opt)
Dash lemon juice
Blackened seasoning (you get this in the spice section)
Shirmp (size large, 30-40)-----24 oz will be good. The more the shrimp, the better it tastes. I used only 12 oz.

1. Boil the pasta. Drain, but leave a li'l water. Pour Alfredo sauce on it. Mix well and keep aside.

2. Add butter, minced garlic, oregano and lemon juice in a sauce pan. When the garlic gets golden brown, add shrimp and blackened seasoning. Cook the shrimp until done.

Before eating, add pasta and shrimp in your plate.

[img]What are you cooking / having cooked / eating today? [1 of 2] - Page 14 Htdgx[/img]

Sorry, the pix doesn't seem too appetizing. I burned the seasoning/shrimp a little. There need to be a lot of shimp too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next