Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative

5 posters

Go down

America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative Empty America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Max posted a story that linked to this. Watch it.

More about the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

Adam Yahiye Gadahn (Arabic: آدم يحيى غدن‎, Ādam Yaḥyā Ghadan; born Adam Pearlman; September 1, 1978) is an American who is a senior operative, cultural interpreter, spokesman and media advisor for the Islamist group Al-Qaeda. Since 2004, he appeared in a number of videos produced by Al-Qaeda as "Azzam the American" ('Azzām al-Amrīki, عزام الأمريكي, sometimes transcribed as Ezzam Al-Amerikee). Gadahn converted to Islam in 1995, at the age of 17, at a California mosque and is described as a "homegrown," meaning that he has converted to an ideology so firmly that he is now willing to harm his country of origin. He is believed to have inspired the 2007 Osama bin Laden video.

In 2004, he was added to the FBI Seeking Information – War on Terrorism list. On October 11, 2006 he was removed from that list, and placed on the Bureau of Diplomatic Security Rewards for Justice Program list of wanted criminals. On the same day, Gadahn was indicted based on the testimony of the FBI case agent E.J. Hilbert II, in the Southern Division of the United States District Court for the Central District of California by a federal grand jury for the capital crime of treason for aiding an enemy of the United States (i.e. Al-Qaeda).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative Empty Re: America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative

Post by goodcitizn Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm

What has been IRA's response to such messages from terrorist groups?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative Empty Re: America awash in easily-obtainable weapons: senior Al Qaeda operative

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

goodcitizn wrote:What has been IRA's response to such messages from terrorist groups?

I don't know. I don't know if they still cooperate with other terrorist organizations outside of Ireland.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:What has been IRA's response to such messages from terrorist groups?

I don't know. I don't know if they still cooperate with other terrorist organizations outside of Ireland.

Sorry, meant NRA.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

What was that about semantics?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

When it comes to gun-control, liberals only know their brand of humor. HTH.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Sorry, meant NRA.
Silence.

If people don't forget about it and the media keeps this front and center, the NRA will come out and blame video games cameras and video sharing sites. After all, the problem here is not with guns. The problem is that video cameras have proliferated and allowed Al Qaeda to make videos like this and distribute them widely. The makers of video cameras should add a feature by which bad guys cannot say things that get the firearms industry NRA into trouble.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

When it comes to gun-control, liberals only know their brand of humor. HTH.

this is the video that i was referring to. when are you going to get your head out of the sand? the politicians you support are endangering our way of life. please wake up.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 pm

you mean the NRA? that's easy -- to open its bung hole wider so more republican politicians could stick their heads inside more comfortably.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Idéfix wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Sorry, meant NRA.
Silence.

If people don't forget about it and the media keeps this front and center, the NRA will come out and blame video games cameras and video sharing sites. After all, the problem here is not with guns. The problem is that video cameras have proliferated and allowed Al Qaeda to make videos like this and distribute them widely. The makers of video cameras should add a feature by which bad guys cannot say things that get the firearms industry NRA into trouble.

It is truly sickening. NRA will do anything to sidestep from the core fact ... guns kill, and more guns mean more deaths. How many deaths will it take before at least background checks are made mandatory? Why assault weapons are protected by the 2nd amendment is beyond me.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

you mean the NRA? that's easy -- to open its bung hole wider so more republican politicians could stick their heads inside more comfortably.

The day when NRA members are massacred by AK-47's is the day for a ban on all assault weapons possible. Until then the rednecks and the republicans will find shelter in the bung hole you mentioned.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:11 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

The day when NRA members are massacred by AK-47's is the day for a ban on all assault weapons possible. Until then the rednecks and the republicans will find shelter in the bung hole you mentioned.

James Madsion's second thought on 2nd Amendment

Dolley: You are to blame, it would appear. They are saying your Second Amendment gives any person the right to a gun.
James: It says nothing of the kind! I distinctly wrote that it was to maintain a
“well-regulated militia.” How much clearer could I have been?
Dolley: Quite a bit, I’m afraid. Your punctuation and syntax were somewhat slovenly,
dear. People seem to think you meant everyone, everywhere, anytime,
anyhow.
James: Why, that’s prepofterous!
Dolley: Becalm yourself, James. You are reverting to that sissy talk again.
James: If I wanted every idiot and lunatic to have a gun, I would have written
“Every idiot and lunatic can have a gun, even the perfidious Burr.”
Besides, what does it matter what I thought? It was 230 years ago!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down