Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty Medicine

+2
ashaNirasha
Merlot Daruwala
6 posters

Go down

Dirty Medicine Empty Dirty Medicine

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 am

Long read, but quite a shocker: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/15/ranbaxy-fraud-lipitor/
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Dirty Medicine Empty Re: Dirty Medicine

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 am

You kinda know things like these are common in India, but it's still shocking to read this.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 22, 2013 10:03 am

yes this was a shocking read. first thing i did upon reading this is to call home to make sure none of the known heart patients in the family were taking the generic ranbaxy version of lipitor. they were a lot more blase about it than i was!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 11:19 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Long read, but quite a shocker: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/15/ranbaxy-fraud-lipitor/

Goes to prove that no matter what....the basic Indian mindset of shortcuts to riches, superficial success has not changed.

Satyam, Ranbaxy, Phanesh Murthy, political corruption, and the list goes on....

I wonder how other companies are doing as they also produce generics - Aurobindo, Dr. Reddys, etc.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yes this was a shocking read. first thing i did upon reading this is to call home to make sure none of the known heart patients in the family were taking the generic ranbaxy version of lipitor. they were a lot more blase about it than i was!

** this is actually scary. several hospital formularies carry Ranbaxy generics that are used in patients who're critically ill, for e.g. a patient with an acute heart attack who desperately needs a high dose statin not just for its lipid-lowering effect but for its anti-inflammatory effect. And this is a name I trusted because it is ubiquitous and I grew up with it, as I am sure you did.

** I have to read the full article though...apparently they'd store meds next to their creamer! Incidentally, there are a lot of fledgling pharma industries in new jersey, run by lots of Punjabis and Patels. I know of people who originally invested with them and then pulled out cuz they didn't approve of their safety and drug quality standards. So right here, in America, the FDA is being fooled.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:several hospital formularies carry Ranbaxy generics that are used in patients who're critically ill, for e.g. a patient with an acute heart attack who desperately needs a high dose statin not just for its lipid-lowering effect but for its anti-inflammatory effect.
nanda, "e.g." means "for example." "e.g." does not stand for "eggsample" or "eggzample." once you use "e.g.," the "for" should not precede it. did the dugios mess up your english also?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed May 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:several hospital formularies carry Ranbaxy generics that are used in patients who're critically ill, for e.g. a patient with an acute heart attack who desperately needs a high dose statin not just for its lipid-lowering effect but for its anti-inflammatory effect.
nanda, "e.g." means "for example." "e.g." does not stand for "eggsample" or "eggzample." once you use "e.g.," the "for" should not precede it. did the dugios mess up your english also?

** no, I know it's exempli gratia. I don't know why I said that. Thanks.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Ranbaxy is a Naarthie company... and Dr. Reddys is a Southiee company...

Just saying.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Long read, but quite a shocker: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/15/ranbaxy-fraud-lipitor/

..List of meds manufactured by RANBAXY (and all manufacturers around the World).

The list is so long, it is better to ask the Pharmacist NOT give you generic made by Ranbaxy.

Or, if some medicine does not seem to work, check the manufacturer label on the plastic bottle.

Fever etc are ok. If ppl are on serious drugs then monitor. Ranbaxy makes diabetes, BP and Cancer generics....

better watch it.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down