Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

race & iq at harvard

+6
garam_kuta
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
Petrichor
MaxEntropy_Man
10 posters

Go down

race & iq at harvard Empty race & iq at harvard

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 pm

http://radioboston.wbur.org/2013/05/21/race-and-iq-at-harvard

there is a list of IQ scores by nation at the end of the text. bangladeshis, indians, and pakistanis may find it interesting.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

race & iq at harvard Empty Re: race & iq at harvard

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 7:33 pm

one line summary for those who don't want to wade through a huge thesis -- he wants a more liberal immigration policy for highly intelligent poor and to cut down immigration of less intelligent poor. surprise on the list - north korea.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 7:46 pm

note: the IQ scores listed are those of immigrants to the US.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:note: the IQ scores listed are those of immigrants to the US.

I haven't read the dissertation yet but curious about the methodology for assessing the IQ scores of all immigrants and the period during which this was assessed.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://radioboston.wbur.org/2013/05/21/race-and-iq-at-harvard

there is a list of IQ scores by nation at the end of the text. bangladeshis, indians, and pakistanis may find it interesting.

It is already a well known fact that average IQ of south asians is in 80s.

I guess the Harvard guy got it from http://www.rlynn.co.uk/pages/article_intelligence/t4.asp

Only some H1B IT guys think that Indians as a whole are smarter than whites because the white person at Safeway cash register cannot add numbers faster than a desi.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:note: the IQ scores listed are those of immigrants to the US.

I haven't read the dissertation yet but curious about the methodology for assessing the IQ scores of all immigrants and the period during which this was assessed.

i don't know, but low iq and small peepees. man that sucks!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 8:12 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:

Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Muezzin-Bar'chu wrote:

Shocked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6161691.stm
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 pm

joking apart, if an immigration policy is to be based on average IQ of immigrants, then he should be asking to curb indian immigration before curbing immigration from mexico. however, indians by some reports are one of the most economically well off immigrant groups in the US. i wonder if he addresses indians specifically somewhere in his dissertation. i haven't read it yet.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Tue May 21, 2013 10:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:joking apart, if an immigration policy is to be based on average IQ of immigrants, then he should be asking to curb indian immigration before curbing immigration from mexico. however, indians by some reports are one of the most economically well off immigrant groups in the US. i wonder if he addresses indians specifically somewhere in his dissertation. i haven't read it yet.

Most of the people who come from India to America can speak English and have at least a few years of college education. Whereas the Mexicans tend to be unskilled laborers.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://radioboston.wbur.org/2013/05/21/race-and-iq-at-harvard

ok... Time for some Crimson to do another thesis on "OQ" and "CQ"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 am

I did not read it fully except the table on P 153/154. I notice that all Oriental Asians are above 100 (china, Korea, singapore), then comes the Whities and then "alians hispanics" and then the darkies.

Italians 105 ? yeah rite.

Also, it lists 1970 as census and education reference...dont get it. Unfortunately, immigration laws can at best be "designed" to prefer some countries. But, to make it race- based is tough. also, if IQ is made a factor, I am sure there are subgroups within the four big groups "Whities, Darkies, chinkus, and the brownies" who all will score very high. (Wonder if the IQs for India will be reflected based on castes).

This is a Harvard PhD ? did not know it is that easy. Shyt... I am right and so right... education has been dumbed down in US across the board.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 22, 2013 1:54 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I did not read it fully except the table on P 153/154. I notice that all Oriental Asians are above 100 (china, Korea, singapore), then comes the Whities and then "alians hispanics" and then the darkies.

Italians 105 ? yeah rite.

Also, it lists 1970 as census and education reference...dont get it. Unfortunately, immigration laws can at best be "designed" to prefer some countries. But, to make it race- based is tough. also, if IQ is made a factor, I am sure there are subgroups within the four big groups "Whities, Darkies, chinkus, and the brownies" who all will score very high. (Wonder if the IQs for India will be reflected based on castes).

This is a Harvard PhD ? did not know it is that easy. Shyt... I am right and so right... education has been dumbed down in US across the board.

>>> I would give them more points, considering they gave us pizza. These IQ and national success correlations are funny. You should see the number of latin American countries on the iq scale, the vast successes they are. By the way, there are caste/ IQ stats out there, at least speculations.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 am

Kris wrote:

>>> I would give them more points, considering they gave us pizza. These IQ and national success correlations are funny. You should see the number of latin American countries on the iq scale, the vast successes they are. By the way, there are caste/ IQ stats out there, at least speculations.

..Some interesting discussion on IQ and Castes in India.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 am

Kris wrote:

..Some interesting discussion on IQ and Castes in India.

i recommend mismeasure of man

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 12:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:joking apart, if an immigration policy is to be based on average IQ of immigrants, then he should be asking to curb indian immigration before curbing immigration from mexico. however, indians by some reports are one of the most economically well off immigrant groups in the US. i wonder if he addresses indians specifically somewhere in his dissertation. i haven't read it yet.
A government should not frame its policy towards individuals based on the average value of any attribute among a collective group that the individual identifies with. If the argument is for an immigration policy based on IQ, it ought to be based on the IQ of individual potential immigrants.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Idéfix wrote:
A government should not frame its policy towards individuals based on the average value of any attribute among a collective group that the individual identifies with. If the argument is for an immigration policy based on IQ, it ought to be based on the IQ of individual potential immigrants.

But, the IQ itself is age dependent - recent theories. How will one know what is good today will be as good tomorrow.

Aussies and Canadians have an indirect method to account for these parameters through their point systems for English communication, college degree, age, etc.. these may not be exact measurements of fundamental IQ, EQ, etc...but some kind of control on who they admit. All messicans and Somalis may fail if US were to follow this point system as a necessary condition.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Idéfix wrote:

Like what Canada does now?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Idéfix wrote:

But, the IQ itself is age dependent - recent theories. How will one know what is good today will be as good tomorrow.

Aussies and Canadians have an indirect method to account for these parameters through their point systems for English communication, college degree, age, etc.. these may not be exact measurements of fundamental IQ, EQ, etc...but some kind of control on who they admit. All messicans and Somalis may fail if US were to follow this point system as a necessary condition.
IQ as a measure of intelligence is rather overrated. I think a points-based immigration system that accounts for education, work experience / employability, family connections, etc. is more appropriate for the US.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I don't think their policy is based on IQ testing. AFAIK they consider education, work experience, etc.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I don't think their policy is based on IQ testing. AFAIK they consider education, work experience, etc.

I was answering the first statement you made. Canada does not consider a collective attribute like the US does - the number of immigrants for a certain group(in this case, country of birth) in the past five years.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

I was answering the first statement you made. Canada does not consider a collective attribute like the US does - the number of immigrants for a certain group(in this case, country of birth) in the past five years.
Yes, the US ought to do away with the numerical caps based on country, which result in the current backlogs for those born in India and China, while those born elsewhere to Indian or Chinese parents can get a green card much faster.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Wed May 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

psst...HA...you might want to read http://www.immigration.ca/permres-gii-disguise.asp

"Immigration officials steadfastly deny that Canada operates under any form of quota system. But experienced practitioners believe otherwise."

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:A government should not frame its policy towards individuals based on the average value of any attribute among a collective group that the individual identifies with. If the argument is for an immigration policy based on IQ, it ought to be based on the IQ of individual potential immigrants.

Yes, the US ought to do away with the numerical caps based on country, which result in the current backlogs for those born in India and China, while those born elsewhere to Indian or Chinese parents can get a green card much faster.

Hey, you could always marry an American citizen.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm afraid, this would pose huge problems to American farmers to employ labor with higher IQ.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed May 22, 2013 2:34 pm

"Higher-IQ-Immigrants" term remeinded me that "HUMANS are no different than they were 2000 years ago".

The Kings, Mughals, Royals in England, Upper caste Indians and Nazis did the same in the past. And now the turn of Harward professors, to remove "not-like-us" humans.

This base animal instinct to be alpha-male never ceases.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down