Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 3 deaths within a month

Go down

3 3 deaths within a month Empty 3 3 deaths within a month

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:03 pm

This time not someone directly related to me, but a very important relation. Ye sab kya ho raha hai? I get scared if mom calls me any time other than my saturday mornings. I.... get.... really.... really.... scared. She goes, 'Haan Vidya!!! Woh....." and she pauses. And I run like a dataset of about 20 people in my head by the time she completes the sentence with Woh ____ ki death ho gayi", and it's never any of  the ones that I had imagined. And every time I would be shocked and go, "WHAT?"

Is this what the 40s is all about?

Back to top Go down

3 3 deaths within a month Empty Re: 3 3 deaths within a month

Post by seven Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 pm

if i don't know the relative very closely, i don't think i'll feel so strongly about their death. if it's a death of elderly member and painless death then just pray for their soul. 
are these people young and left a family behind ? sudden deaths?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 pm

seven wrote:if i don't know the relative very closely, i don't think i'll feel so strongly about their death. if it's a death of elderly member and painless death then just pray for their soul. 

Mother of someone close to me. Came as a surprise. Was in early 80s, but in overall ok condition. It's easy to say as an outsider - chalo old the, koi baat nahi. But the immediate family of those still feel the immense loss, and if you are close to them, it's hard not to feel the pain yourself. It also reminds you of mortality in general. Is pretty unsettling.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
seven wrote:if i don't know the relative very closely, i don't think i'll feel so strongly about their death. if it's a death of elderly member and painless death then just pray for their soul. 

Mother of someone close to me. Came as a surprise. Was in early 80s, but in overall ok condition. It's easy to say as an outsider - chalo old the, koi baat nahi. But the immediate family of those still feel the immense loss, and if you are close to them, it's hard not to feel the pain yourself. It also reminds you of mortality in general. Is pretty unsettling.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 pm

seven wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:

it's never easy to lose a family member. old or not. i don't wanna talk more about it. 

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down