Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note to self

+7
Jebediah Mburuburu
seven
confuzzled dude
truthbetold
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Kris
garam_kuta
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Note to self - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to self

Post by Kris Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:48 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:never mind philip kuruvilla, kris. philip is nearly 70 but has that mean streak of a naughty child in him who likes to poke fun at others and needle them to obtain a reaction. suchers indulge him because they also like this mud-slinging. a man must sling mud.
>>A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, I guess. Gosh, that reminds me I need to take up golf or something before I hit retirement age.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 am

Kris wrote:
Captain Bhankas wrote:never mind philip kuruvilla, kris. philip is nearly 70 but has that mean streak of a naughty child in him who likes to poke fun at others and needle them to obtain a reaction. suchers indulge him because they also like this mud-slinging. a man must sling mud.
>>A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, I guess. Gosh, that reminds me I need to take up golf or something before I hit retirement age.

Golf has nothing to do with retirement. It's a great game and you ought to have picked it up long ago so we could be playing a few rounds when we meet in chennai next! As for the game to be saved for retirement I can certainly think of one right away - Bingo!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

Golf has nothing to do with retirement. It's a great game and you ought to have picked it up long ago so we could be playing a few rounds when we meet in chennai next! As for the game to be saved for retirement I can certainly think of one right away - Bingo!

>>>You are right about the lagging behind on golf. A couple of my neighbors have tried to get me out on the local course, but I am just lazy. Hey, maybe I 'll be a pro by the time we play in chennai..Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 am

Her royal roundness is now mr drinkman. When and why did this transition happen, any clue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

golf is for carrom players with delusions of grandeur.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:Her royal roundness is now mr drinkman. When and why did this transition happen, any clue?
i was the one who dubbed merlot daruwallah "her royal roundness" for his excitement over his discovery of non-vegetarian food, while "mr. drinkman" comes from garam kutta. i love the name "mr. drinkman" because it highlights the juvenility of the middle-aged indian male who shows off his excessive drinking, and wants to be admired for it.

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:Her royal roundness is now mr drinkman. When and why did this transition happen, any clue?
i was the one who dubbed merlot daruwallah "her royal roundness" for his excitement over his discovery of non-vegetarian food, while "mr. drinkman" comes from garam kutta. i love the name "mr. drinkman" because it highlights the juvenility of the middle-aged indian male who shows off his excessive drinking, and wants to be admired for it.

What do you ascribe his penchant to call other males on this forum as "uncle"?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Achachan Jebz, you also forgot to mention that golf can be an expensive hobby and kinda hard to afford on tax payer dime.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:25 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

Golf has zero relationship to carrom. Of course, there is no sense arguing with a guy whose main sport is pocket billiards.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:golf is for carrom players with delusions of grandeur.

Golf has zero relationship to carrom. Of course, there is no sense arguing with a guy whose main sport is pocket billiards.

Both golf and carrom involve putting the things into holes. So there you go...

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:53 pm

nenu wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:golf is for carrom players with delusions of grandeur.

Both golf and carrom involve putting the things into holes. So there you go...

One can think of many other activities that fit into this definition.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2