Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oz selectors axe Arthur, hire Lehman as coach

Go down

Oz selectors axe Arthur, hire Lehman as coach Empty Oz selectors axe Arthur, hire Lehman as coach

Post by nevada Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 am

Wow, they couldn't even wait till the end of the Ashes series to sack him! 

The Australia coach, Mickey Arthur, has been sacked just weeks before the start of the Ashes. Arthur was said to have been told the news during a meeting with the Cricket Australia chief executive, James Sutherland, following Australia A's victory over Gloucester. Australia have endured a troubled few months in the build-up to the series with England. They went out at the group stages of the ICC Champions Trophy and were soundly beaten by India in the recent Test series. There have been problems off the field too: David Warner was disciplined after attacking England's Joe Root in a bar, while four players were dropped on the India tour for failing to respond to a request from the management to pinpoint the reasons for Australia's heavy defeats. The former Australia bowler Damian Fleming highlighted the tour of India as a major part of the decision: "I'm shocked at the timing [but] I would have thought he was on thin ice with the performances of the team on the field in the last six months, particularly that disastrous Indian tour where we lost 4-0, but also what's been happening off the field. "It just shows for me that they're not united and for the leadership within the Australian team, that's the biggest job, to make sure everyone's going in the right direction and that hasn't appeared to be happening in the last six months."

nevada

Back to top Go down