Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

after the rain -- glistening mango leaves

4 posters

Go down

after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Empty after the rain -- glistening mango leaves

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:20 pm

after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Imag0810

impressionist.

Back to top Go down

after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Empty Re: after the rain -- glistening mango leaves

Post by Kris Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Imag0810

impressionist.

>>>Nice, but would have preferred less density and a bit more color--just first blush impression.

Kris

Back to top Go down

after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Empty Re: after the rain -- glistening mango leaves

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:38 pm

if this is a painting which i don't think it is, it is not in the impressionist style. impressionist style is about merging colors, lights, shadows, and reflections.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:after the rain -- glistening mango leaves Imag0810

impressionist.

is that something you ate?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this is a painting which i don't think it is, it is not in the impressionist style. impressionist style is about merging colors, lights, shadows, and reflections.  
no, no, it is merely a photo i took of the mango tree near my house.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if this is a painting which i don't think it is, it is not in the impressionist style. impressionist style is about merging colors, lights, shadows, and reflections.  

No mangoes on the tree even though it is the mango season?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jebediah Mburuburu Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

the word "impressionist" appears at the bottom of your initial post. does that mean that you think that your photograph is an impressionist photograph? can a photograph be impressionist?

Jebediah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Jebediah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

the word "impressionist" appears at the bottom of your initial post. does that mean that you think that your photograph is an impressionist photograph? can a photograph be impressionist?
arre, it was a joke. you can laugh now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:05 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

the kids have stolen all with a long wooden stick (with a polythene bag attached at one end). Razz younger loves unripe mangoes. this tree comes up to our upper storey balcony/verandah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

the kids have stolen all with a long wooden stick (with a polythene bag attached at one end). :Pyounger loves unripe mangoes. this tree comes up to our upper storey balcony/verandah.

>>>I remember those days, even climbing a tree that used to lean into our house in the backyard. Getting them unripe and eating them with salt was a treat. The one less -than- pleasant memory I have is the day you could smell the mango season in the air, I would feel the pit in my stomach that I was nowhere close to ready for the finals that were fact approaching.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 am

Kris wrote: The one less -than- pleasant memory I have is the day you could smell the mango season in the air, I would feel the pit in my stomach that I was nowhere close to ready for the finals that were fact approaching.
LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Kris wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

the kids have stolen all with a long wooden stick (with a polythene bag attached at one end). :Pyounger loves unripe mangoes. this tree comes up to our upper storey balcony/verandah.

>>>I remember those days, even climbing a tree that used to lean into our house in the backyard. Getting them unripe and eating them with salt was a treat. The one less -than- pleasant memory I have is the day you could smell the mango season in the air, I would feel the pit in my stomach that I was nowhere close to ready for the finals that were fact approaching.

Growing up in our Madurai house, our summers were enjoyable because we had over 18 coconut trees (tender coconut water was so thirst-quenching after a game of cricket) and two huge mango trees --one was of the Neelam variety where the fruits were quite tasty, not so much the raw mangoes; and another was called KiLimooku that had nice-tasting raw mangoes (my grandmother used to make deliciouos pickles from them -- both vadu mangai and avakai). Sorry, I'm getting a little nostalgic here.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down