Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBA degree course in Urudu medium.

2 posters

Go down

MBA degree course in Urudu medium. Empty MBA degree course in Urudu medium.

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm

http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?277216

[i]At MANUU, Mohammed Irfanul Haque, who’s graduating with an MBA this year, says studying in Urdu, his mother tongue, has helped him grasp key concepts better. So that they are not at a complete disadvantage, students here are also taught in English. Trends so far indicate an encouraging response from industry. “Over 70 per cent of outgoing students have been placed,” says Badiuddin Ahmed, the head of the department of management at MANUU.

Interestingly, fluent English speakers are enrolling too. Sharafat Hussain, Haque’s batchmate, gave up a coveted place in the English-medium Institute of Public Enterprise to pursue his MBA in Urdu instead because of his love for the language. “I do not, in any way, feel inferior,” he says. In fact, armed with Urdu equivalents of MBA jargon like human resources (insani wasail) and customer perception (sarifeen ka idrak), Hussain thinks he’s a better bet as firms reach out to customers who express themselves best in Urdu .[/i]

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

MBA degree course in Urudu medium. Empty Re: MBA degree course in Urudu medium.

Post by Kris Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:06 pm

I wonder how the sarifeen ka idrak is among the general recruiters for these grads

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Kris wrote:I wonder how the sarifeen ka idrak is among the general recruiters for these grads

===> But I do agree with one thing.

You graps the concepts better if you are taught in your native language.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by sambarvada Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:11 pm

===> Rajaji seems once remarked that students in India study subjects to learn English than use English to study subjects.

sambarvada

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Probably. If there is a market for that, more power to them. If not, the general recruitment process is going to make these guys a lower priority

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down