Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request to Idefix

2 posters

Go down

Request to Idefix Empty Request to Idefix

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 am

Idefix,

Since you seem to bve good at digging economic statistics, can you get me the following data.

1. Percentage of tax contribution of each state to the central government (both incomne tax and business tax).

2. Percentage of money received by each state from central gov in the form of grants, raillines, highways, food subsidy, education, etc (only things not counted are defense and foreign affairs). If total money to all states is 100 billion and if Maharashtra got back 8 billion, the percentage I am talking about is 8%. This percentage has nothing to do with how much central taxes Maharashtra paid.

Thank you.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Request to Idefix Empty Re: Request to Idefix

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:18 am

Well, I had brought this up to Carvaka before. It will be an interesting exercise to see the amount and % of revenue contributed by the states to the Center and the funds allocated back to the states.

Carvaka had given me an explanation on the distribution of funding in two forms similar to operating and capital expenditure but it would be interesting to see the formula (if there is such a thing) used, political considerations aside.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down