Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Idefix and MD

+4
southindian
truthbetold
Merlot Daruwala
Rishi
8 posters

Go down

To Idefix and MD Empty To Idefix and MD

Post by Rishi Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:35 am

Since you think the Congress party has done a better job ruling India ever since the country became independent what is wrong in MMS asking the president to dismiss all the state governments ruled by the  parties other than Congress and declare India to be a one party state like Syria and Iraq of the 1980s?

The country can save a lot of money and energy by avoiding silly elections.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

To Idefix and MD Empty Re: To Idefix and MD

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 am

Rishi wrote:Since you think the Congress party has done a better job ruling India ever since the country became independent what is wrong in MMS asking the president to dismiss all the state governments ruled by the  parties other than Congress and declare India to be a one party state like Syria and Iraq of the 1980s?

Better still, why not get rid of professional politicians altogether and instead have military rule? We all admire the Indian armed forces anyway.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:30 am

Rishi,
if a Congress pm could dismiss all state govts, he or she would have done it. Indira tried that in 70s and 80s ( 1981 or 1982 she dismissed ntr's govt). But people did not oblige them.
but a bigger problem would be what would all the secularists do if India is run by a. Single secular Congress? Those scores of intellectuals would be robbed of intellectually stimulating fact bending exercises.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 am

Rishi wrote:Since you think the Congress party has done a better job ruling India ever since the country became independent what is wrong in MMS asking the president to dismiss all the state governments ruled by the  parties other than Congress and declare India to be a one party state like Syria and Iraq of the 1980s?

Who in the right mind would think that?

Is that because India was stuck with Nehru, Indira, Rajiv and Sonia combine who did everything to hold on to power in India?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 am

Better still, "Parliamentary democracy versus presidential system in India" ... http://lamberdar.hubpages.com/hub/democracy_in_India
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 am

southindian wrote:

Who in the right mind would think that?

Is that because India was stuck with Nehru, Indira, Rajiv and Sonia combine who did everything to hold on to power in India?
Look at our padosi desh, aren't they thriving? I think that would be a lot better option (if BJP can't win) than letting con-goons/artists take India into ground single-handedly. I think Rishi should put that as one of his alternatives.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rishi,
if a Congress pm could dismiss all state govts,  he or she would have done it. Indira tried that in 70s and 80s ( 1981 or 1982 she dismissed ntr's govt). But people did not oblige them.
but a bigger problem would be what would all the secularists do if India is run by a. Single secular Congress? Those scores of intellectuals would be robbed of intellectually stimulating fact bending exercises.
It probably is just a reaction on the part of Congress to BJP (which even has Govts. and CMs in several states) choosing / declaring its prime ministerial candidate ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Rishi wrote:Since you think the Congress party has done a better job ruling India ever since the country became independent
I don't.

Rishi wrote:what is wrong in MMS asking the president to dismiss all the state governments ruled by the  parties other than Congress and declare India to be a one party state like Syria and Iraq of the 1980s?

Don't use opinions that you falsely ascribe to me as cover for your own disdain for democracy and federalism.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Rishi wrote:Since you think the Congress party has done a better job ruling India ever since the country became independent
I don't.

Rishi wrote:what is wrong in MMS asking the president to dismiss all the state governments ruled by the  parties other than Congress and declare India to be a one party state like Syria and Iraq of the 1980s?

Don't use opinions that you falsely ascribe to me as cover for your own disdain for democracy and federalism.
"I don't"

However, there are no charts and histograms (of the kind on Modi) to put-down CONartists.

[Modi is recruiting Muslims into BJP!  Looks like he is becoming sikular (Advani wasn't all that successful with his Jinnah-hugging drama).]

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:However, there are no charts and histograms (of the kind on Modi) to put-down CONartists.
Modi supporters were rather upset that I only analyzed the performance of Gujarat under his leadership. They felt that I was giving Congress a free pass. So I did the same analysis for Congress. They didn't like the results of that either. If you want those charts, look here: https://such.forumotion.com/t14946-india-s-gdp-growth-and-upa-s-economic-record
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:However, there are no charts and histograms (of the kind on Modi) to put-down CONartists.
Modi supporters were rather upset that I only analyzed the performance of Gujarat under his leadership. They felt that I was giving Congress a free pass. So I did the same analysis for Congress. They didn't like the results of that either. If you want those charts, look here: https://such.forumotion.com/t14946-india-s-gdp-growth-and-upa-s-economic-record

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:55 pm

I ran the same sets of analysis for both BJP-in-Gujarat and Congress-at-the-center. So if I wasn't trying to put down Conartists, I wasn't trying to put down Modi either.
I understand that the results are upsetting to Modi worshipers, so they think I was trying to put down their guy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down